Kessel out indefinitely

X. Benedict

apparently it's the most treatable form of cancer, so the outlook around here (in the boston media) is good right now.

i wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy.

A bit of a different angle here. But we somehow have to take the dread and fear out of cancer. Fear keeps so many people from getting tested and treated early, and that, not the cancer, kills people.

If it's caught early, treating testicular is just a matter of snip snip. It would suck, but you'd win a lot of bar bets!

The great thing about a celebrity getting a treatable form of cancer is that it really serves to educate people. In this case, for the need to do a testicular self exam. Google it. Grope those balls, young fellas. It's not like you're not doing it anyway. :)

A bit of a different angle here. But we somehow have to take the dread and fear out of cancer. Fear keeps so many people from getting tested and treated early, and that, not the cancer, kills people.

If it's caught early, treating testicular is just a matter of snip snip. It would suck, but you'd win a lot of bar bets!

The great thing about a celebrity getting a treatable form of cancer is that it really serves to educate people. In this case, for the need to do a testicular self exam. Google it. Grope those balls, young fellas. It's not like you're not doing it anyway. :)

Note Bene: I am pretty sure PA means your own. :thumbsup:

Cure means having no more cancer in your body. If it's in your body, it will metastasize and it will be in even more of your body. Think bones, lymph nodes, brain, etc.

If losing a nut is a way to cure it, and it was me that had it, I'd tell the doc to get out the X-Acto knife and get it the hell out, right f-ing now!

It's funny you say that PA....I actually have/had testicular cancer...and the girls get curious. It's pretty funny stuff.

Most people are correct....if noticed quickly and then treated, testicular cancer has a 97% cure rate. I had the same type of disease as Lance Armstrong. The difference is that I went to my doctor 2 weeks after I noticed a lump and Lance waited 6+ months if I remember. My doctor told me it was just an infection, but I did the research and was pretty confident that it was cancer. He let me get a doppler ultrasound and one week later I was getting my boy plucked.

Kessel should be fine. I would think he'd be out for 10 days or so for the surgery to heal properly, and then pray he doesn't need more than that. Even if he does need more treatment, a good support system will get him through. In all honesty, he will probably be a faster skater with not as much junk down there.

Archived