what is with all the complaining?

Sabretooth73

cmon people, way too much is being made of this loss on saturday to washington....its one loss out of 82 games, and we are 20-4-2...gimme a break

they wont be pretty all the time

i think this team understands its a long season and it will have some ups and downs.,..... i see all thse posts about "being soft"....wtf did you think last year after getting blasted by ottawa, or even by toronto late in the season, you still thought this team was clearly the best in the NHL, and if not for injuries probably wouldve won it all, so seriously, give it a rest

I just think it's part of being a fan. No matter how well the team is doing, they can always be better in the eye of the fan and I think this is very true of this team. Despite their record, watching their games, they have put together very few start to finish dominating performances.

That being said, they are a hell of a lot of fun to watch!

.... i see all thse posts about "being soft"....wtf did you think last year after getting blasted by ottawa, or even by toronto late in the season, you still thought this team was clearly the best in the NHL, and if not for injuries probably wouldve won it all, so seriously, give it a rest

No. This team is soft. They don't clear the crease. They rely on postioning. They don't aggressively use the body on the forecheck(minus Gaustad and Mair), they try to steal the puck along the boards and in passing lanes. They don't look for too many open ice hits outside of an occasional Soupy blast. They don't do all the extra B.S. that every other team does after the whistle, especially when the other team is buzzing around the net. When the Sabres are in close to the Goalie and he stops the play, nearly everytime one of the other teams a-holes gets up in our players faces with the incidental elbow, facewash and a little stick work. At the other end of the rink, Buffalo skates back to the bench with their tails between their legs just after some thug gets done taking liberties with our Goalie. Frankly, this crap gets under my skin. I guess it's just me.

cmon people, way too much is being made of this loss on saturday to washington...

It's more than one game. I'm trying to discipline myself and wait for about the halfway mark to make any conclusions, but there are some areas of concern. of course we all live in the Sabres bubble and don't necessarily see and fret about the other teams' concerns, which are plenty. I'd say about 28 other teams would love to trade concerns. :)

Am I being ? Sure. I hope to Hell ? actually, I know ? that Lindy is right there with the complaining fans. That has to be the mindset now. Go for perfection. Keep the hammer down. Don't be satisfied.

This team is going to go through some corrections here and there. Also, they are playing a lot of games with minor leaguers and there will be growing pains.

I believe that they ned to get a deal made, where a gritty forward and/or d-man comes in return.

We have lots of golden boys who can skate but when they aren't scoring they need to get mucky. That isn't happening enough it seems.

Kotalik can go. He needs to be dealt for a gritty player with some skill to go with it. I can't think of who that would be right now, but you see my point I hope.

What concerns me is that they have only won 11 games outright and won 9 in the extra frame or SO. I'd like to see them win more games in the first 60 mins.

Am I unhappy with 20-4-2? Of course not. This team is very good and will be fine. But it's a long year and times will be tough.

Out here in Vancouver we have the lowest scoring team in the NHL, yet they are 1 point out of first in their division.

What matters is how we are playing down the stretch and having healthy guys. If so, the Sabres will be fine. But I do think they need some more grit.

No. This team is soft. They don't clear the crease. They rely on postioning. They don't aggressively use the body on the forecheck(minus Gaustad and Mair), they try to steal the puck along the boards and in passing lanes. They don't look for too many open ice hits outside of an occasional Soupy blast. They don't do all the extra B.S. that every other team does after the whistle, especially when the other team is buzzing around the net. When the Sabres are in close to the Goalie and he stops the play, nearly everytime one of the other teams a-holes gets up in our players faces with the incidental elbow, facewash and a little stick work. At the other end of the rink, Buffalo skates back to the bench with their tails between their legs just after some thug gets done taking liberties with our Goalie. Frankly, this crap gets under my skin. I guess it's just me.

Ya, we should trade Campbell to Philly for Hatcher. I'm tired of watching a real team like Philly play tough hockey while are team gets pushed around.

Kotalik can go. He needs to be dealt for a gritty player with some skill to go with it. I can't think of who that would be right now, but you see my point I hope.

Just make sure that player is a d-man too.

We've got enough depth up front, but the D is as thin as last year.

Kotalik hasn't been himself since March last year, and is going from "major slump" to "major bust" in my book.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20-4-2.....wtf, id like to have heard what you thought when the sabres got spanked i think 6-0 or something last season by toronto late in the season, but they bounced back didnt they, and were the best team in the playoffs until all the injuries

they lose one game 7-4 and are 20-4-2 and you complain, seriously, get a life...tired of it

Kotalik hasn't been himself since March last year, and is going from "major slump" to "major bust" in my book.

Lindy benches guys who are "major busts" -- he doesn't play them for 14.5 minutes per game. I'm sure all of us would like to see more production from Al, but he's on track for about 23 goals and 60 pts, which isn't bad. He's also playing on a line with no playmakers. Last year he played with our best playmaker (Connolly).

Lindy benches guys who are "major busts" -- he doesn't play them for 14.5 minutes per game. I'm sure all of us would like to see more production from Al, but he's on track for about 23 goals and 60 pts, which isn't bad. He's also playing on a line with no playmakers. Last year he played with our best playmaker (Connolly).

I have him on pace for 19 goals 28 assists 47 points.

they lose one game 7-4 and are 20-4-2 and you complain, seriously, get a life...tired of it

I could careless whether they won or lost the game. I wanted...well, for lack of a better word...blood. Capital blood to be exact. Sorry to sound like a dinosaur but I was pissed, am still pissed and going to be pissed off for a while.

...but but but but they are 20-4-2 so quit your bitchin' :nana: :nana:

That's right, I forgot.

Does this mean I can't hate the slug either? :D

I may be quibbling but the d was not thin last year until the playoffs.

Lydman

McKee

Tallinder

Campbell

Numminen

Kalinen

Fitzpatrick

I see your point, but by my count you listed 6? d-men there, which is thin IMHO.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20-4-2.....wtf, id like to have heard what you thought when the sabres got spanked i think 6-0 or something last season by toronto late in the season, but they bounced back didnt they, and were the best team in the playoffs until all the injuries

Honestly, if you're so tired of it, you wouldn't have started this thread.

Some of us have opinions that differ from yours, and telling them to "get a life" just because they post these opinions in a thread you started isn't very constructive.

I'm sorry, but I'll reserve the right to be critical of certain players and the team in general, even if they DO have an awesome record.

Am I delighted that they're winning? OF COURSE! Is this a perfect team? IMHO no, so I'll just keep giving my 2 cents on what I think would make the team better.

You don't like that? Well I'm sorry, but that won't stop me speaking my mind.

:thumbdown: I think Buffalo can play it's current brand of hockey with a little more grit, no?

Do you really think last years stanley cup champs were that much gritty than we were? Remember how they lost Cole early on? I suppose they had people calling--well in Carolina maybe no--for them to get tougher, but really, they just played hockey same as Sabres.

Do you really think last years stanley cup champs were that much gritty than we were? Remember how they lost Cole early on? I suppose they had people calling--well in Carolina maybe no--for them to get tougher, but really, they just played hockey same as Sabres.

Doesn't Carolina have a strict no fighting policy? I remember reading that somewhere.

Well, I do remember them being a little more physcial in the series, but I'm not a the point where I think it cost us in any way.

What really hurt us, besides all the injuries, was Carolina bouncing pucks in off our own guys like there was no tomorrow all through the series. I think they must've gotten at least 4 or 5 off our defense.

The bounce-in off Mair, basically from the goal line in game 7 being the one that stands out.

Archived