Prospect Watch: Tim Kennedy

Two or less

I don't know how many here fallow prospects or even college hockey. But, Tim Kennedy, born and raised in Buffalo, and drafted by the Sabres, is now a sophmore in University of Michigan State and is having a great season. In 11 games, he has 7 goals and 6 assists and is very very quick. I heard one college expert compare him to Patrice Bergeron of Boston. Last night MSU lost 2-1 to Michigan, but Kennedy scored again, coast to coast, check it out....

http://msuspartans.cstv.com/sports/m-hocke...ockey-body.html

You need to click on MSU/UM highlights.

I watched 5th round pick, Harvard defenseman Alex Biega play yeterday. The Harvard fans have been praising this kid a lot and I finally got the chance to see him. He's a good skater, but didn't really do all that much to be noticed. I guess that's a good thing since he's a defenseman.

Oh, and Tom Morrow, another draft pick from a few years back out of BU scored his first career goal last night (in his senior year). I don't dare call him a prospect though since there's no chance he'll ever make the NHL.

I watched 5th round pick, Harvard defenseman Alex Biega play yeterday. The Harvard fans have been praising this kid a lot and I finally got the chance to see him. He's a good skater, but didn't really do all that much to be noticed. I guess that's a good thing since he's a defenseman.

Oh, and Tom Morrow, another draft pick from a few years back out of BU scored his first career goal last night (in his senior year). I don't dare call him a prospect though since there's no chance he'll ever make the NHL.

The kid's name is really Tom Morrow? What, didn't his parents like him or was his mother in the touring company of Annie?

The kid's name is really Tom Morrow? What, didn't his parents like him or was his mother in the touring company of Annie?

First they drafted Norm Milley, then they followed it up with Tom Morrow a few years later. We've had a lot of fun with his name at BU games.

Anyway, in case people were too dumb to figure out the earlier link (yeah, I know there are at least two of you out there):

awesome!

I just realized he's from my alma mater - Bishop Timon - way to go Timon Tiger!!

Wow...That kid can fly like the wind...I would love to see a race between him and Afinigenov..

He looks like he has Afinigenov's speed and Vanek/Connolly's moves...this kid could be special...

Lest we not forget he is playing against fellow college players and while he may be fast, he is still tiny ala Derek Roy.

Roy is 5'9", Kennedy is listed at 5'10" and last time I looked Roy is doing okay for himself at the NHL level. Now if you are talking about the lack of size with this Sabres prospect, we agree there is a problem...

http://hockeysfuture.com/prospect/nathan__gerbe

5'5"???....I know this is the new NHL, but if this guy has a future if at the AHL level, I would be amazed.

Roy is 5'9", Kennedy is listed at 5'10" and last time I looked Roy is doing okay for himself at the NHL level. Now if you are talking about the lack of size with this Sabres prospect, we agree there is a problem...

http://hockeysfuture.com/prospect/nathan__gerbe

5'5"???....I know this is the new NHL, but if this guy has a future if at the AHL level, I would be amazed.

He's even shorter on the intelligence scale.

He's even shorter on the intelligence scale.

Are you his English Lit 201 professor or what? :nana:

Roy is 5'9", Kennedy is listed at 5'10" and last time I looked Roy is doing okay for himself at the NHL level.

Yes, and perhaps in today's NHL, players of that size will become more plentiful. I just cringed a wee bit when comaprisons to Afinogenov and Connolly were being thrown around.

Archived