GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I reckon he'll leave the building looking similar to your avatar. :bag:

If they lose, yes.

Let's hope he won't have to beat himself up over it in 20 minutes.

is anyone watching TSN coverage - if so, did you see the story about concussions in the NHL this year? I guess 4 guys have already been knocked cold by bodychecks. I feel this is a no-brainer but wanted to know if anyone else had a thought - none of the bodychecks they showed seemed to be headhunting. The problem, IMO, is the equipment that these guys wear these days. It is like plastic body armour...

Completely agree.

Plus, players are so much stronger these days, and thus inflict more damage when someone takes a head shot.

He tried to clear a rebound from in front, which just appeared to bounce away from him.

I think he should've taken a swipe at it rather than try to get it under control, but hindsight is 20/20.

Well, he's either going to learn from it, or he could wind up like that guy with some funky Russian name who got booted off the Senators team because he refused to go to Binghamton (although, not to that extreme).

Doggone it! I just lost my XM feed. It got replaced with Chicago at Calgary. What's up with that, XM?

just a thought on ryan...

they're already pushing the cap envelope by having paille and stafford up with peters as a scratch (see today's buffalo news article). now hecht is out short term and they call ryan up. this puts even more strain on the cap number while peters is still getting paid to watch. what's even more interesting is that, if i remember correctly, ryan will have to clear waviers when he gets sent back down.

i don't know about the rest of you, but this really doesn't make too much sense to me.

just a thought on ryan...

they're already pushing the cap envelope by having paille and stafford up with peters as a scratch (see today's buffalo news article). now hecht is out short term and they call ryan up. this puts even more strain on the cap number while peters is still getting paid to watch. what's even more interesting is that, if i remember correctly, ryan will have to clear waviers when he gets sent back down.

i don't know about the rest of you, but this really doesn't make too much sense to me.

If I remember correctly ryan has to clear. The Sabres are running outta money a move must be made and soon. Peters might be cut, and then a player traded away for picks. Its a shame we don't have cap room with all these players hurt.

Pominville with the empty netter.

Miller was UNREAL for the last 5 minutes. Big-game goalie material all the way!

Add to that another empty netter.

This time from Paille.

Hehe, that will pad the shorthanded goal stats for us---2 in less than a minute :P

Miller was absolutely huge in this game, making big save after big save in the later parts of the 3rd period...

We need to trade one of our forward prospects for a no. 5/6 d-man.

Only problem is we still may have to cut someone that way, this team is still too thin on D.

That is just plain ugly! Reminds me too much of the Stanley Cup playoffs when we were down 4, count 'em, 4 blue liners.

Hehe, that will pad the shorthanded goal stats for us---2 in less than a minute :P

Miller was absolutely huge in this game, making big save after big save in the later parts of the 3rd period...

Make that 20 seconds. When was the last time a team pulled of two SHGs in that short a time span? That is just unreal! I'm sure I'll hear about it in the morning on Home Ice.

4 goals aside, Miller was stellar with the game on the line.

He was outstanding! 2 goals were 5 on 3 situations, and one was put in by his own teammate. He flat out won the game for us several times over when it was on the line. Deserved the game star!

NHL.com has Drury as the goal scorer.

It was Paille

Sweet, F*cker didn't get a game star.

If you're referring to Darcy Tucker, I hate to burst your bubble. I just looked up the official scoresheet on nhl.com. He did get the third star.

As much as most Sabres fans can't stand him (count me in that group), he leads the league in PPGs. I do have to give him credit for that.

Well, he's either going to learn from it, or he could wind up like that guy with some funky Russian name who got booted off the Senators team because he refused to go to Binghamton (although, not to that extreme).

Doggone it! I just lost my XM feed. It got replaced with Chicago at Calgary. What's up with that, XM?

Same here in Memphis - a first for XM and I'm p'od about it