GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Another BUF penalty, Paetsch this time.

Paille's weak clearance put him in trouble.

He's not listed on Yahoo.

I see how the Laffs are operating. If a Sabre gets his stick on them, they hold it to draw a penalty. Should be a penalty corresponding to "diving" for that.

Peatsch needs to let go of his stick, he didn't even try.

He knows it's a penalty if he doesn't drop it immediately.

What a complete BS call on Mair!!!

*Warning* this is a beer-fueled post:

F--K the new NHL. Every call in that period blew balls. Atrocious. Toronto's penalties and Buffalo's penalties were absolutely f'ing atrocious.

Look, I know at this point that guys have to understand keep your stick on the ice, but for cryin' out loud. Oh, and also, occassionally the offensive player will grab the stick of the defensive player. Please see this Mr. Official. It happened at least twice in that period.

To me, that first period sucked. I don't pay money to watch PP's...

im out, gonna logoff now, go have a few cold ones, and watch tv, and check for updates on espn/espn news..happy thanksgiving everyone.....go sabres/go bills...... i will be in OP sunday to watch those pathetic bunch of idiots called the Bills..... hope they can pull one out, I mean i am driving over 600 miles to see them for crying out loud

im out, gonna logoff now, go have a few cold ones, and watch tv, and check for updates on espn/espn news..happy thanksgiving everyone.....go sabres/go bills...... i will be in OP sunday to watch those pathetic bunch of idiots called the Bills..... hope they can pull one out, I mean i am driving over 600 miles to see them for crying out loud

even when the bills suck there is nothing better than being at the Ralph. have a godo time!

i will be in OP sunday to watch those pathetic bunch of idiots called the Bills..... hope they can pull one out, I mean i am driving over 600 miles to see them for crying out loud

Hmmmm. If YOU'RE the one driving 600 miles to see them... B-)

You'd think we wre playing in Toronto with BS calls like the one on Mair, what a friggin' joke.

"That is an absolute joke!" -- Lindy Ruff on Darcy Tucker's cheap knee hit on Jochen Hecht last season. The quote should say enough.

Sabretooth, that's amazing. You live in enemy terrisorry, er, I mean, territory. I hope you don't live anywhere near Raleigh. Them 'Caniacs are an enigmatic breed.

i don't know how anyone can enjoy this BS tonight. i'm sure i am just venting because tonight sucks because i have otherwise have enjoyed the new product, but you can't tell me you enjoy PP after PP. That's not hockey..

No I agree, but this is not the new NHL, this is just plain #%^$#! officiating, and they had to boot in the old NHL as well.

does it seem like it is the same official that has made all of these calls? at least the previous phantom hooking calls, the hookee has the puck. that last call was a hook of the stick that was already airborne of a guy that didn't have puck possession..

puke....

Rookie mistake? Hope he doesn't wind up in Lindy's doghouse like Vanek did last season during the playoffs.

Hes a call up that hasnt even finished hes first game, I dont think he will be here long enough to get in any dog house... and Lindy did it because he knew Vanek was a special player and he would respond, I dont think Ryan has done anything to show us he is special.

Rookie mistake? Hope he doesn't wind up in Lindy's doghouse like Vanek did last season during the playoffs.

He tried to clear a rebound from in front, which just appeared to bounce away from him.

I think he should've taken a swipe at it rather than try to get it under control, but hindsight is 20/20.

Hes a call up that hasnt even finished hes first game, I dont think he will be here long enough to get in any dog house... and Lindy did it because he knew Vanek was a special player and he would respond, I dont think Ryan has done anything to show us he is special.

Hope you enjoyed your visit Mr. Ryan, thanks for playing. He probably won't be on the ice in the 3rd - he's probably already on his way back to Roch.

is anyone watching TSN coverage - if so, did you see the story about concussions in the NHL this year? I guess 4 guys have already been knocked cold by bodychecks. I feel this is a no-brainer but wanted to know if anyone else had a thought - none of the bodychecks they showed seemed to be headhunting. The problem, IMO, is the equipment that these guys wear these days. It is like plastic body armour...