GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

The 2 refs tongiht should never see the ice at the NHL level again. They were just brutal against both teams.

Great win for the Sabres sending the Leafs fans home pissed off. Here's hoping you get stopped at the border for a cavity search!

One comment on TSN was picked up from one of the players, "Please let us play..........", they didn't say which bench the comment came from, but Healey picked it up in the center box between the teams, pretty accurate I would say............ :beer:

As much as most Sabres fans can't stand him (count me in that group), he leads the league in PPGs. I do have to give him credit for that.

I certainly don't fault him for his talent. What I do fault him for is how he plays. When he is that talented, there is no need to play bush league.

On a side note, why is it that we get owned by Ottawa, then they go and barely scathe by Philly? :angry:

I swear most teams play their best against the Sabres.

That was an amazing final 5 minutes. How can Spacek take a penalty with 2+ to play? Miller was a stud tonight. 3 of those four he didn't have a chance on. How many times are we going to watch Tucker sitting to the left of a goal tender putting in a rebound or pass on the PP? This time the Sabres were down 5-3 so they couldn't move him out. Man he is making a career sitting there.

That was the most bizzare start to a game. Down 5-3 twice in the first 5 minutes. And then how many times have you seen two empty netters in a game????

101 goals in 22 games...

I should also say that Toronto could at least taste a point tonight. Great to deny them.

Was Vanek's pass the best assist of the year so far or what?

Too bad Ottawa came back. Carolina lost to the NYI.. yeah..

Bring on Montreal.

I certainly don't fault him for his talent. What I do fault him for is how he plays. When he is that talented, there is no need to play bush league.

You have a valid point. However, there is something else to take into consideration. Scott Laughlin of Hockey This Morning on XM's Home Ice once said that the only team that loves an agitator is the one he plays for, i.e. when Bam Bam played for the Blue and Gold. Everyone else hated him, but we loved him. Thus, the Leaves' fans must love Tucker.

Having said all that, I have one thing to say to Toronto: Make like a tree and "leave".

You have a valid point. However, there is something else to take into consideration. Scott Laughlin of Hockey This Morning on XM's Home Ice once said that the only team that loves an agitator is the one he plays for, i.e. when Bam Bam played for the Blue and Gold. Everyone else hated him, but we loved him. Thus, the Leaves' fans must love Tucker.

^^^^^^^^^^

But Tucker is still a :censored: Jack-Ass........... :beer:

If I remember correctly ryan has to clear. The Sabres are running outta money a move must be made and soon. Peters might be cut, and then a player traded away for picks. Its a shame we don't have cap room with all these players hurt.

Only if he stays up for more than 10 games. He already cleared once.

As for the Sabres running out of money. They aren't. They simply aren't going to be able to make any deadline trades that bring in more salary $'s than they clear. The team IS allowed to exceed the cap by a bit this year because Timmy has been BLTI-IR'd and Henrik's been out long enough that he could be placed there as well with no adverse effects to his playing status.

IF Timmy doesn't come back at all, the team could even make a deadline deal that brings in a bit more salary. If he does come back, they basically have the roster they will end the year with as you are correct that there is no salary cap room to make additional moves.