Adam Dennis

Derrico

Since we don't know how long miller will take to get over this minor injury and our demanding sked comming up, we just may see dennis which is fine with me. Just a quick personal note, I live in a small city outside Toronto called Guelph where Dennis played his junior hockey with the Guelph Storm of the OHL. I went to a couple of games during my freshman year of University here, and this kid is unbelievable. Since we've got strong goaltending in miller and biron, I haven't read much about this kid, but trust me, he'll be good. I remember watching a game against kitchener where we were so outplayed that it was sickening. The final shots were something like 47-13 but we won the game 2-1 because he absolutely stood on his head during the game. I mean, I remember seeing him play and thought wow, I hope the sabres can draft this guy, and sure enough they did! I'm just saying that give this kid a few years and he's going to be a dominate starter in this league.

Let's Go Sabres!!

I defiently can't get the Rochester games up here except for when they play toronto but he must be a key factor in the Americans success.

I'm sure he will be fine ... my biggest concern is what number he will wear since he wears 29 in Rochester and Pommer has that. In other words, just let Marty play. And if the kid does see action and struggles, it doesn't mean he won't be fine in a year or two. His readiness at this point is not going to make or break the season.

Dennis will not get a sniff unless Biron goes down to injury as well.

Marty will carry the load as long as Miller is out.

I wouldn't say he won't get to play but its not likely. They could put him in tomorrow night against the Flyers, he's probably faced tougher competition in Rochestor then the Flyers

If you do see Dennis get a start, I would take it as a sign that Biron is on his way out and Buffalo wants to see what they have before finalizing a deal. I don't think Dennis is quite ready for the NHL, but who knows, maybe he is for the backup role

Maybe they will play Dennis tomorrow night and see what he can do being thrown into the fire? If Sabres are seriously in all of these talks about dealing Biron then you gotta believe it's gonna happen sooner then later, and we realisticly have no backup or have any idea of how Dennis would do... so IMO i think Dennis should play saturday night then when Miller returns make Cunnyworth make Dennis the #1 guy in Rochester....

Unless Regier has other ideas about a backup goalie once Biron is traded.

WHO'S HOLLY JOHN? SILLY.

BETTER THAN HAVING TWO LAST NAMES. I GUESS. OK THE TRUTH IS I HAD NOTHING OF SUBSTANCE TO CONTRIBUTE, BUT IM REALLY BORED SINCE THE REST OF WEST SENECA IS HOME RELAXING AND IM AT WORK STARING AT AN EMPTY PARKING LOT.

WHO'S HOLLY JOHN? SILLY.

BETTER THAN HAVING TWO LAST NAMES. I GUESS. OK THE TRUTH IS I HAD NOTHING OF SUBSTANCE TO CONTRIBUTE, BUT IM REALLY BORED SINCE THE REST OF WEST SENECA IS HOME RELAXING AND IM AT WORK STARING AT AN EMPTY PARKING LOT.

That's okay. I'm sitting at work, voluntarily, sort of. To make a long story short, tomorrow is my bro's last collegiate football game and the only way I can work my normal allotment of hours and see his game is to stay late today and tomorrow.

WHO'S HOLLY JOHN? SILLY.

Forensic anthropology is a demanding mistress.

That's okay. I'm sitting at work, voluntarily, sort of. To make a long story short, tomorrow is my bro's last collegiate football game and the only way I can work my normal allotment of hours and see his game is to stay late today and tomorrow.

Cool--any chance he makes it to the pros?

Miller has a recurring groin problem (not sure how else to interpret the word "flareup") and people are still talking about trading Biron? It would be a monumentally stupid move.

Yeah, but didn't we not win the cup last year due to injuries on defense? We have less depth this year then we did last year. At forward i think we're ok, Stafford, Paille, MacArthur all can play IMO... but, on defense, Peastch is all we got. Who would replace another injury? Tallinder is out now... what happens if someone else gets hurt? Mike Card and Mike Funk? There's nobody else. I hope people realize that.

We don't have a Doug Janik anymore, or a Rory Fitzpatrick. I think our kids at forward would do a good job at replacing but their still not up to the level of Pyatt and Novotny were last year.

All i am saying is, we might take a few hits during the regular season with Dennis or someone else being backup but when it counts most, in the playoffs, we will have more help on the ice (like a doan or nagy lets say) and much more depth and better places to replace guys, esspicially on the blue line.

What good does Biron do for us in the playoffs? I ask this seriously. You can tell me he can lead us into the finals?

He didn't play a minute last year and if we win the cup this year he won't play a minute either.

Cool--any chance he makes it to the pros?

By pro's, do you mean arena football? :rolleyes: Just kidding, sort of. Of course, being a big brother I've always thought he is better than he probably is but he has all the measureables.

6' 3"

255 lbs

4.7 40 time (at the very most)

400 lbs bench press

Unfortunately, he plays at a DIII school and probably won't get a sniff. He may get some calls from Arena leagues but he's pretty pumped about being a teacher and givin his learning disabilty, I would consider that a life success.

NOT ALLOWED TO DO THE REAL STUFF YET (FORENSIC ANTH) B/C I ONLY HAVE A BA SO I WORK A MENIAL JOB WHILE I SAVE FOR GRAD SCHOOL. GOOD MEMORY THOUGH.

Security guard?

Refresh my memory, when did he hurt his groin before? Has he actually injured his groin, or are you speculating?

Him? Speculate? Never. :doh:

By the way, "flareup" indicates that something came out of nowhere. It doesn't suggest something chronic, unless it is used in the past tense, followed by the word "again."

Since we don't know how long miller will take to get over this minor injury and our demanding sked comming up, we just may see dennis which is fine with me. Just a quick personal note, I live in a small city outside Toronto called Guelph where Dennis played his junior hockey with the Guelph Storm of the OHL. I went to a couple of games during my freshman year of University here, and this kid is unbelievable. Since we've got strong goaltending in miller and biron, I haven't read much about this kid, but trust me, he'll be good. I remember watching a game against kitchener where we were so outplayed that it was sickening. The final shots were something like 47-13 but we won the game 2-1 because he absolutely stood on his head during the game. I mean, I remember seeing him play and thought wow, I hope the sabres can draft this guy, and sure enough they did! I'm just saying that give this kid a few years and he's going to be a dominate starter in this league.

Let's Go Sabres!!

I defiently can't get the Rochester games up here except for when they play toronto but he must be a key factor in the Americans success.

Why was he drafted so low?

Archived