GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7pm

Well, the sabres squeeked by florida with only losing 2 of 6 defensemen. Numminen came back, but lydman stayed out. Hopefully that cut will just require a night's rest and a mask tomorrow. Hopefully miller will at least back up biron tomorrow night and be healthy for monday. And, dare i say it, but the sabres cannot look past the flyers. We give them a lot of crap for being bad (they are very bad. the long break between sabres games gave me time to catch a few flyers games... they might be worse now than when we beat them 9-1) but they're damaged and they're looking for revenge. The sabres will be in a 2nd game of a back to back situation, coming to a hostile environement... for as much as the flyers hate the sabres, their fans hate the team more. Provided its just a cut or some loose teeth, lydman should be back. provided that ruff wasn't hiding anything, a night's rest for miller should get him ready to at least test out his "lower body muscle strain". Look for marty to start again, and the sabres to roll.

again, join us here on saturday in the chatroom or in this thread for game time discussion.

7pm

I'll edit my thoughts into this thread after the florida game. I'm breaking rules by confusing the top of the board with game threads, however my parents are visiting tomorrow so i thought i'd get a head start! Plus, its always great to look forward to a philly game. This thread will not self destruct upon reading it, but it will open sometime after the florida game tomorrow night!

again, join us here on saturday in the chatroom or in this thread for game time discussion.

First game since the Sabres caused a Philly Revolution! Should be fun!

First game since the Sabres caused a Philly Revolution! Should be fun!

I had to make a delivery south of Philly this morning. I wore my Sabres "Old Time Hockey" shirt with Mad Max's name and 61 on it. No one said a word to me. Gee, I wonder why.

BTW, Scott Laughlin of Home Ice said on "Hockey This Morning" that Philly was having such a terrible start, and it's not going to get any better for them, considering that the Sabres were coming to town. Don't I wish I was at the Wachovia Center to cheer our boys on (and still be humble about it by not gloating in front of all the other Philly fans)!!!

Corp, why weren't you in the IRC Channel tonight :(

oops... i edited out the part in the original game thread that my parents are in town, so we watched the game together. i was not at the computer. I also can't promise anything for tomorrow night... we'll see what happens! (i'll definitely be back for monday though!)

i thought i heard something about forsberg's ankle/foot problems... maybe they're just saing flu...maybe not. this should be a fun game

i hope last night signaled the fourth line's awakening, maybe they'll do some damage tonight and get some points.

This is the one game all year I won't be able to "watch". With directv I can't get Philly's comcast (and it is ofcourse blacked out on CI for me)and I will not watch with 99% Philly fans (if I can't cheer like I want to, it isn't any fun). Thank God for being able to listen to RJ on the computer!

any injuries for philly?

Another big one:

"The biggest problem for the Flyers is they have become a one-line team, and now with Mike Knuble injured, are a two-man team when it comes to offense with just Simon Gagne and Peter Forsberg scoring and Forsberg isn't scoring as much as usual. The second line of Calder, the now injured Jeff Carter and Mike Richards has been struck in neutral all season."

With Forsberg potentially out with the flu, the Knuble, Forsberg and Gagne may be just down to Simon. Ouch.

And I just love this next quote:

"On defense, Derian Hatcher is minus-17 and Joni Pitkanen is minus-12."

Time to make Mr. Hatcher -21 tonight.

I wore my Sabres jersey proudly and without resistance at the Wachovia Center while I watched Tampa Bay spank them into obilvion last week.

The non-sellout crowd was pitifully boring. I can't imagine what they're like 6 losses later.

I still maintain: #%^$#! Philly in their stupid . Let them drown at the bottom of the league. They can go winless until May of 2008, and I still wouldn't be satisfied.

Anybody else in the Buffalo area not see the Sabres game scheduled on MSG at 7? I'm seeing Knicks stuff and am just worried we're going to have a repeat of last night when the game wasn't on bc somebody at Time Warner forgot to flip the switch

Buffalo News lists it on MSG at 7pm; hopefully TW or MSG or whichever was responsible last night has instructed its employees to actually show the whole game.

Anybody else in the Buffalo area not see the Sabres game scheduled on MSG at 7? I'm seeing Knicks stuff and am just worried we're going to have a repeat of last night when the game wasn't on bc somebody at Time Warner forgot to flip the switch

I noticed the same thing about 5 min ago.....is it true the game was not on last night? I was at the game so I could not tell.....I see Knicks stuff on there as well...hmmmmm

I noticed the same thing about 5 min ago.....is it true the game was not on last night? I was at the game so I could not tell.....I see Knicks stuff on there as well...hmmmmm

Last night the TV Info said the game would be on. But when it was 8:00, MSG was showing some fantasy football show. Then about ten minutes into the broadcast they switched it over to the Sabres game. About halfway through the game it switched back to regular MSG shows, again after about ten minutes it got switched back to the Sabres game. So we didn't miss a whole lot, but it was pretty annoying.

Hopefully they've got it all straightened out for tonight