GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

briere SCOOOOOOOOOOOOORES!

axelson scores

KOTALIK SCOOOOOOOOOOORES!!! BUFFALO WINS 5-4. I take back all negative comments i made tonight. when we were down 4-1 with 3 minutes to go, we had em right where we wanted em (in the words of darryl talley after the oilers went up 35-3)

you dang bandwagon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we gettin together corp? Im ready for some heavy parking lot drinking!

briere SCOOOOOOOOOOOOORES!

axelson scores

KOTALIK SCOOOOOOOOOOORES!!! BUFFALO WINS 5-4. I take back all negative comments i made tonight. when we were down 4-1 with 3 minutes to go, we had em right where we wanted em (in the words of darryl talley after the oilers went up 35-3)

I kept watching but I wasn't holding out much hope and then................. :worthy:

Wow ... well they definitely did not deserve 2 points tonight ... or even 1 ... that game made the Detroit game look like a dominating performance ... But you know what? Good teams win games that should not. The Sabres were the team cursing our luck like the Bruins tonight a couple years ago.

I would not want to be the Leafs Saturday night ... they are going to be ticked off about how they played tonight.

don't take back the bad comments boys....they can't continue to play like this, although you are right that good teams find ways to win games, but we can not continue to do this. they have to start to pick it up...

that said, please don't forget this is a long season. you they won't play like #1 every night....

Few more thoughts:

1. Did anyone get a close look at the high sticking? I didn't see Gaustad's stick hit his face. It looked to me like Chara got cut when Gaustad's helmet hit him.

2. I was glad to see Mara finally get called for a penalty. He has grabbing on to everyone tonight.

3. Was it really necessary for them to say it was ironic that the Bruins got called for a dive since the Sabres are known to be divers. I have 2 problems with that:

a. Most of the Sabres reputation comes from the Bruins.

b. Even if the Sabres are divers, that doesn't mean that the Bruins can't be called for diving.

don't take back the bad comments boys....they can't continue to play like this, although you are right that good teams find ways to win games, but we can not continue to do this. they have to start to pick it up...

that said, please don't forget this is a long season. you they won't play like #1 every night....

To paraphrase Marisa Tomei from My Cousin Vinny, that post is 100% dead-on balls-accurate.

Man, I figured it was over. Sabres looked like a cocky team that was used to getting things their way. Sloppy play at the line and in their own end. Plus, taking low percentage passes and shots...which up until tonight had been going their way.

Paetsche (sp?) struggled tonight and not just on the 4th goal. To be expected, but Soupy can't cover his mistakes. Also Soupy has to stop trying to shoot through people. He doesn't have the cannon required for that sort of strategy.

I was questioning Ruff (not that I'm the only one guilty of that) for putting out the checking line with 2 minutes to go, but they came up big. Gaustad got away with one, but I feel no sympathy for Chara cause he gets a free pass for clocking people in the face because of his height.

The Bruins announcers just can't let the diving thing go, can they? Also it's Daniel. not Danielle lickbags. Unfortunately it seemed Danny was MIA tonight.

Max is man amongst boys out there and hopefully he's finally arrived. He's getting plenty of respect (i.e. SPACE) when he has the puck. People are worried that he'll turn them inside out.

Sometimes the sweetest two points are the ones you steal. I think I'll go have a celebration brew.

Few more thoughts:

1. Did anyone get a close look at the high sticking? I didn't see Gaustad's stick hit his face. It looked to me like Chara got cut when Gaustad's helmet hit him.

2. I was glad to see Mara finally get called for a penalty. He has grabbing on to everyone tonight.

3. Was it really necessary for them to say it was ironic that the Bruins got called for a dive since the Sabres are known to be divers. I have 2 problems with that:

a. Most of the Sabres reputation comes from the Bruins.

b. Even if the Sabres are divers, that doesn't mean that the Bruins can't be called for diving.

Can't tell you are a lawyer! :D

Few more thoughts:

Paul got him good with the stick. He was trying to back in Chara's face (returning the favor) and the stick sort of came over the top. Should have been a double minor.

Still better Carolina and Toronto lost tonight....

Let's go to the tally board

2 points on Carolina

2 points on Toronto

2 points on New Jersey

1 point on Boston

0 Points on Montreal

Not bad for playing 9 minutes of the third period tonght....

Paul got him good with the stick. He was trying to back in Chara's face (returning the favor) and the stick sort of came over the top. Should have been a double minor.

I thought I saw the top of the stick (i.e. other end from the blade) get Chara, in a continuing motion while Chara was trying to push him.