Kotalik/Briere

mphs mike

Briere was back out there after he got slashed, so I'm assuming he's OK. I'm not sure about Kotalik.

Not a good sign when you see a guy's hand shaking like Briere's was. I'm hoping it's just a bruise.

Kotalik is going to have one awful sore foot/ankle/shin. Hopefully just a bruise that doesn't keep him out.

If you've ever had a broken hand, the LAST thing you do is shake it.

I was watching the coverage. He wasn't shaking it. They had the camera zoomed in tight on it. It was throbbing or involuntarily twitching. Didn't look like he could stop it. But I did see him go out on a shift after that. Many athletes play with injuries and don't necessary feel it right away. You know the Sabres, they won't admit it anyways.

I was watching the coverage. He wasn't shaking it. They had the camera zoomed in tight on it. It was throbbing or involuntarily twitching. Didn't look like he could stop it. But I did see him go out on a shift after that. Many athletes play with injuries and don't necessary feel it right away. You know the Sabres, they won't admit it anyways.

it looked like a stinger... i don't think he'd be out there if it were broken anyways, whether he could feel pain or not. its simply impossible to grip a stick with a broken hand.

FWIW, Kotalik stayed on the bench and participated in the postgame congratulations with the rest of the team on the ice without wincing or limping. I'm cautiously optimistic on him b/c I think he would've gone to the locker room for x-rays if they thought it might be a fracture.

Not too many coaches would take a chance and put him out on the ensuing PP when the team was just as focused on running the clock as trying to score.

It doesn't seem like WGR sent people (besides RJ and crew) to cover the game. Brad talked to the three stars over the telephone... so none of the usual lockeroom interviews and no coverage of the press conference either.

I guess we have to wait to get our speculation the old fashioned way, from the Buffalo News tomorrow morning.

It doesn't seem like WGR sent people (besides RJ and crew) to cover the game. Brad talked to the three stars over the telephone... so none of the usual lockeroom interviews and no coverage of the press conference either.

I guess we have to wait to get our speculation the old fashioned way, from the Buffalo News tomorrow morning.

I could swear that Paul Hamilton was traveling with the Sabres last year. Maybe it was after the Bills season ended? Or...WGR is cutting costs and decided to do without him traveling with the team?

I could swear that Paul Hamilton was traveling with the Sabres last year. Maybe it was after the Bills season ended? Or...WGR is cutting costs and decided to do without him traveling with the team?

I do remember him traveling, although, i'm gonna guess it was after the Bills season. He was at Ralph Wilson Stadium covering the Bills, i'd guess Sabres went to Montreal sometime Sunday.

I do remember him traveling, although, i'm gonna guess it was after the Bills season. He was at Ralph Wilson Stadium covering the Bills, i'd guess Sabres went to Montreal sometime Sunday.

He was at RBC and Ottawa this year...

Archived