Now that I see the Home Jersey

navybillsfan

The jersey is fine. The logo is a coathanger away from being an abortion.

I would call it a "friggin' abortion".... :D

BTW, the white uniforms look even more ridiculous on the fans in the crowd. The long white t-shirt look is not flattering for the overweight and basically ends up looking like a mu-mu (sp?) or whatever it is they had Homer Simpson wear when he gained a ton of weight so he could work from home.

While I'm not minding the home blues, something is definately wrong with blue and gold Sabretooth. I don't know if that's a temporary model they threw together on short notice until the real one shows up or what. He just looks bush league.

I don't know, I looked at both the new blue and the white up close at the Sabre Store today, and completely hated them both. The blue friggen looks PURPLE. Hated it. From the 300's they almost looked black. Did I mention I absolutely hate the new unis!!! LOL

I ordered a vintage blue LaFontaine today. I won't buy anything with the pile of crap slug logo on it! Kill the slug!

As for SabreTooth, YES! He definately looks (and acts) shortbus. The teeth are too short, and in the wrong spot on his muzzle. And the cut of the new jersey looks terrible on him.

Could anyone tell me when the tradition of white being the Home jersey and the dark being away changed and why?? The Bills also changed

um, the bills have worn blue at home and white on the road since 1960... That hasn't changed.

However, a few years ago, the NHL decided to switch from the traditional white home/dark aways to dark home/white away under the guise that it would save travel expenses in case the home team decided to wear their dark 3rd jerseys at home (thus forcing the road team to wear the nontraditional white away jersey). I have no link to back up my next claim, but the real reason it was changed was just a marketing, revenue increasing move. If you force road teams to wear white on the road, it allows for every team to have a dark 3rd jersey that they can wear at home (allowing fans to gobble it up... hense all the red sabres jerseys around town).

I hated it at first, but now it doesn't really matter much to me.

um, the bills have worn blue at home and white on the road since 1960... That hasn't changed.

However, a few years ago, the NHL decided to switch from the traditional white home/dark aways to dark home/white away under the guise that it would save travel expenses in case the home team decided to wear their dark 3rd jerseys at home (thus forcing the road team to wear the nontraditional white away jersey). I have no link to back up my next claim, but the real reason it was changed was just a marketing, revenue increasing move. If you force road teams to wear white on the road, it allows for every team to have a dark 3rd jersey that they can wear at home (allowing fans to gobble it up... hense all the red sabres jerseys around town).

The whites at home actually started in the 1970 season which is why most people that became fans with the inaugral season of the Sabres (or later) have thought white was always the home color.

BTW, the white uniforms look even more ridiculous on the fans in the crowd. The long white t-shirt look is not flattering for the overweight and basically ends up looking like a mu-mu (sp?) or whatever it is they had Homer Simpson wear when he gained a ton of weight so he could work from home.

:lol: :lol:

Um, during the Chuck Knox years, the Bills wore white at home w/ blue pants.

The problem with wearing darks at home is that ALL you ever see is the opposing team wearing whites. It gets really monotonous (especially for season ticket holders) when all you see is white and navy blue all season. From 1970 - 2003 you got to see all the opposing team's different colors all season, which was one of my favorite things about going to games as a kid.

I hated the look of the black jerseys at home, but now I don't mind the home blues (they don't look black to me)... but it's still boring as hell seeing the opposing team always in white.

Realistically I think the reasoning that it was a marketing move IS correct, but the logistics of travel with two sets of uniforms was becoming a real concern for the NHL - if you've ever had the chance to see what the equipment managers & trainers go through when teams go on the road, you would understand that the travel aspect is a valid point, albeit also a convenient one to help them sell more jerseys.

As for the NFL, I believe NFL rules allow the home team to choose what they will wear - that's why you almost always see the BIlls wearing their blue when they go to a hot-weather (Miami, Jacksonville, Tampa) climate, especially early in the season; tht way the home team gets the slightly cooler, less-heat-trapping whites, and their opponent is in a darker jersey that traps heat and makes the players get hotter faster and stay hotter longer.

If anyone saw the Montreal game Friday night on MSG, did you catch the (very) quick shot of a youngster in the crowd holding up a sign that said "We Want the Cup - but not the new logo". I think the cameraman that took that shot is now covering Junior B games in Fargin, Ontario up near Hudson Bay.......

:lol:

If anyone saw the Montreal game Friday night on MSG, did you catch the (very) quick shot of a youngster in the crowd holding up a sign that said "We Want the Cup - but not the new logo". I think the cameraman that took that shot is now covering Junior B games in Fargin, Ontario up near Hudson Bay.......

:lol:

My kid loves the new logo and I have to admit the more I see it the less I hate it.

Archived