GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I'll be leaving for Buffalo Wild Wings in a few minutes, so I'll probably catch up with everyone later tonight, after the win...it'll be nice to have some real hockey to talk about.

LET'S GO BUFF-A-LO! (Clap clap clap clap clap!!!)

After a quick phone call, I found out that Time Warner is having some troubles with Versus. Their timing is horrific.

Anyway, getting back to the action, for the second straight year, the Sabres have scored the first goal of the NHL regular season. How neat is that?

1st period in the books...

Was that goal by ES deflected? It looked like it was going low and then went up.

Nice move by Max at the blueline - nothing like a drop back pass when you are 1 foot from being out of the zone.

Anyhow, I thought we played strong. The game is very similar to last year's series IMO.

I thought the Canes had a strong period. Buffalo seems passive and if they don't get a forecheck going, we will lose tonight. I'm happy it's 1-1. Miller made some good saves early..a post helped, and we had very few quality chances.

I thought the Canes had a strong period. Buffalo seems passive and if they don't get a forecheck going, we will lose tonight. I'm happy it's 1-1. Miller made some good saves early..a post helped, and we had very few quality chances.

I was disappointed with the first 5 minutes. Happy with Miller and happy with the special teams. PK was great. Despite not scoring on the PP I thought they had some quality chances.

Looked like the Staal goal deflected.