wgrz.com live footage

TM8-PL16

well, now that its here, we can all officially get over it. go buy the original... go buy the goathead, but i think all argument over whether the jersey looks good or bad should end today

Maybe if you don't mind those abortions, but otherwise, it should continue in protest of those #%^$#! stains.

well, now that its here, we can all officially get over it. go buy the original... go buy the goathead, but i think all argument over whether the jersey looks good or bad should end today

I don't think that argument will ever end, especially with all us "crybabies" who don't like the slug (myself included.)

My take on them.

The slug is a giant snot smear. Short of tattooing it on one of JLH's breasts, I can't think of a way to make it look good.

I like the way the blue unis look - minus the crest. They aren't the greatest unis I've seen but they are much better than they could have been.

I don't like the way the whites look but expect they will grow on me as I watch them play in them.

I hope the Sabres move away from this logo in 2 years (or whenever the soonest the league will allow them to).

Someone else posted they reminded them of the Nashville duds. I have to agree with that sentiment.

One good thing. When the camera panned the crowd I didn't see anyone sporting the new duds. Saw one woman in what looked to be a blue tee shirt with Miller on the back. So she may have bought it. Not bad, 1 out of 2,000. And that may have had an old school logo on the front of it.

No can do. Quinny deserves the heat now, because he was the one that said wait until you see the whole package.

Me no likee! :angry:

Quinny accomplished one thing...I won't be screaming for the Sabres to wear the "whites" at home anymore.

:lol: :lol:

No can do. Quinny deserves the heat now, because he was the one that said wait until you see the whole package.

Me no likee! :angry:

Quinny accomplished one thing...I won't be screaming for the Sabres to wear the "whites" at home anymore. :lol: :lol:

Well, that WAS his wish, wasn't it? "If you don't like it then, you can blame me." Well get ready Larry, there's a $h!t-storm a-comin'!

I agree with Dave - improve the crest and I'll have no issue with the unifroms.

Hell, if the uniforms had a better logo, I would drive down to HSBC RIGHT NOW and buy one or two...wait - you mean there aren't that many available to see? Well I can order it online, right? No, just the black & red stuff in the NHL.com shop, huh? Well that sucks...I guess since we just decided to change the uniforms I can understand why there's no product to sell. What? This change has been in the works for a couple years? You don't say...

Well, that WAS his wish, wasn't it? "If you don't like it then, you can blame me." Well get ready Larry, there's a $h!t-storm a-comin'!

I agree with Dave - improve the crest and I'll have no issue with the unifroms.

Hell, if the uniforms had a better logo, I would drive down to HSBC RIGHT NOW and buy one or two...wait - you mean there aren't that many available to see? Well I can order it online, right? No, just the black & red stuff in the NHL.com shop, huh? Well that sucks...I guess since we just decided to change the uniforms I can understand why there's no product to sell. What? This change has been in the works for a couple years? You don't say...

What makes it especially egregious is then they have the audacity to get up in arms then about the economics of the new NHL. They probably pi$$ed away a golden opportunity today to make a ton of sales. What excuse could they have for the NHL shop site not to be ready?

I've just seen it and all I can say is I'm disappointed. Any inkling of any tempation to get anything new has completely gone. I think the white ones suck monkey's balls and it's not helped by the mutant snot/piss stain on the front.

I'd rather we bring back the goat head for sure now at least with new colors rather than these ones.

Where can we complain now?

I can live with the sweaters -- both the home and road versions. But the logo is just hideous and it is not even proportioned right on the sweater. I feel sorry for the guys. While they have been playing their tails off trying to win a cup, Quinn has been doing pulling this crap on them. Danny's picture on the Sabres site says it all, from the look on his face it seems he wants to get back to the locker room as soon as possible.

I can live with the sweaters -- both the home and road versions. But the logo is just hideous and it is not even proportioned right on the sweater. I feel sorry for the guys. While they have been playing their tails off trying to win a cup, Quinn has been doing pulling this crap on them. Danny's picture on the Sabres site says it all, from the look on his face it seems he wants to get back to the locker room as soon as possible.

Nice catch on the Briere picture. His expression is priceless. :lol:

Anyone else catching that the logo on the uniforms is exactly the same as the one on the leaked logo sheet? The website, on the other hand, has a sleeker looking logo in the top right corner. Compare the 2 and you'll see what I mean. Even the leaked jersey from the website has the sleeker looking logo. You'd think they could get this right.

I honestly held out patiently, but I'm disappointed in the final product. The logo could've been much better, even if it was just making it look more like the more updated version. I'll be buying the third jersey fo' sho'...... (IF THEY EVER MAKE IT AVAILABLE TO BUY!!!)

I'll stick to my original assessment - the jersey layout & design looks real nice - sharp, modern, edgy - but the slug logo looks so out of place. I'm to the point where I'd probably accept the slug if they made some modifications to the slug - adding a couple crossed sabres, changing the color, something. But the yellow legless slug looks, to paraphrase the esteemed Dave B said, like a snot stain on the front of the jerseys.

I'm pretty sure that slugs don't have legs, but I'll check next time I find one.

Also, someone in this thread said the logo doesn't look like a slug. I'm sorry to say you have a long way to go towards your recovery because denial is only the first stage.

Archived