wgrz.com live footage

TM8-PL16

Open your eyes people its so obviously a Buffalo....not a slug!

Larry Quinn,

Yes, we realize that it is indeed a Buffalo, and not a slug. However, its ugly as #%^$#!, and reminds us of a slug. Therefore, we call it the slug.

Please, get rid of these #%^$#!ing jerseys and logo, they suck.

Sincerely,

Bluefire

I can't say I'm disappointed. I expected it to be bad. The words of Roby are rattling around my brain -- it looks like a hound's breakfast. There's just so much going on. I guess the only good thing is that the sweater's busy-ness distracts from the physically challenged polecat. And, honestly, even the vintage jersey doesn't help things. Different shades of blue and gold, different styling, a different era. It's just a jumble. The new look is that there is no look at all. The road jerseys would disgrace a high school team. PTS unies at St. Francis were probably sharper.

I feel such a sense of sadness and frustration. To draw a hockey analogy, the organization had the puck on its stick in the low slot, the goaltender sprawled outside the crease and nothing but net to look at. But it squeezed the stick too hard, tried too fine a shot and missed not only the net but somehow the netting. This could have been so easy. It could have been such a slam dunk. Modernize the original colors and logo. Put the goathead on the shoulders as a nod to a great era in team history. In two years, make a blue and gold goathead the third jersey. So easy. A consensus among the fans could easily have been built beforehand -- hell, any number of us could have provided the rough mockup of the look. Design fees could have been cut dramatically.

I hope it sells so poorly that it is abandoned ASAP. But honestly the damage is done. Let me be the first to say that if the team suffers any kind of hangover season that often follows the kind of breakthrough year they had, I blame the uniform. Bad karma, man. Bad karma.

I can't say I'm disappointed. I expected it to be bad. The words of Roby are rattling around my brain -- it looks like a hound's breakfast. There's just so much going on. I guess the only good thing is that the sweater's busy-ness distracts from the physically challenged polecat. And, honestly, even the vintage jersey doesn't help things. Different shades of blue and gold, different styling, a different era. It's just a jumble. The new look is that there is no look at all. The road jerseys would disgrace a high school team. PTS unies at St. Francis were probably sharper.

I feel such a sense of sadness and frustration. To draw a hockey analogy, the organization had the puck on its stick in the low slot, the goaltender sprawled outside the crease and nothing but net to look at. But it squeezed the stick too hard, tried too fine a shot and missed not only the net but somehow the netting. This could have been so easy. It could have been such a slam dunk. Modernize the original colors and logo. Put the goathead on the shoulders as a nod to a great era in team history. In two years, make a blue and gold goathead the third jersey. So easy. A consensus among the fans could easily have been built beforehand -- hell, any number of us could have provided the rough mockup of the look. Design fees could have been cut dramatically.

I hope it sells so poorly that it is abandoned ASAP. But honestly the damage is done. Let me be the first to say that if the team suffers any kind of hangover season that often follows the kind of breakthrough year they had, I blame the uniform. Bad karma, man. Bad karma.

Dead nuts on.

Danny's picture on the Sabres site says it all, from the look on his face it seems he wants to get back to the locker room as soon as possible.

Yes, thats EXACTLY what he's thinking. :rolleyes:

That and how he's gonna spend $5 million this season.

Not everyone hates these, i actually like them. Good work by the Sabres. They suprised me.

Yes, thats EXACTLY what he's thinking. :rolleyes:

That and how he's gonna spend $5 million this season.

Not everyone hates these, i actually like them. Good work by the Sabres. They suprised me.

I can accept saying that you like them.

But good work by the Sabres when an overwhelming majority dislikes them?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Um they did make a lot of sales today, the sabre store was JAMMED, you could barely move inside, and there was line outside for something, not quite sure. Jerseys maybe? Some people were wearing them.

They sold caps, flags, sticks, whatever people could get. But why do they sell Leaf jerseys?

I like the uniforms, the practice was fun. Berkhoel is an awful goaltender. 6 goals in 25 minutes, nice job. Adam Dennis did better in the second half. And Marty was solid.

Thorburn and Stafford banged people all day. And got Tallinder a little rattled.

All you see when they play is Blue, Gold and White. And that looked pretty good to me.

I've only been able to see them in the pictures on sabres.com, but they are brutal. Especially the road jerseys. The logo still sucks and it seems like it's sitting too high on the chest. The "Buffalo Sabres" wording may have helped underneath it.

It's tough to tell from the pictures, but can someone tell me if the pants are actually a different shade of blue in the home unis? It sure looks like it and I think it looks horrible. Apparently they took some lessons from the Bills on that one.

I for one am not a fan on the "slashes and swooshes" trend in uniforms over the past 10 years or so. What ever happened to just plain old stripes? I guess I'm just old school when it comes to uniforms.

On the positive side, I do like the colors. I like the number on the front shoulder. But that's about it.

I've just come from HSBC and I am again wondering why can't this organization get it right? I remember being excited in 97 because the unis did need to be updated. But instead of updating they gave us the Black and Red.

When I heard they were going back to the blue and gold I was ecstatic. Finally a return to the colors of my youth. But instead of giving me a crest that paid tribute to the Sabres, I get a banana slug

On the positive side, I actually liked everything about the new unis- except for the slug. It looked small and misplaced. The colors are awesome however.

Preach on, brother PA, preach on...truer words have not been spoken.

I've only been able to see them in the pictures on sabres.com, but they are brutal. Especially the road jerseys. The logo still sucks and it seems like it's sitting too high on the chest. The "Buffalo Sabres" wording may have helped underneath it.

It's tough to tell from the pictures, but can someone tell me if the pants are actually a different shade of blue in the home unis? It sure looks like it and I think it looks horrible. Apparently they took some lessons from the Bills on that one.

I for one am not a fan on the "slashes and swooshes" trend in uniforms over the past 10 years or so. What ever happened to just plain old stripes? I guess I'm just old school when it comes to uniforms.

On the positive side, I do like the colors. I like the number on the front shoulder. But that's about it.

I dunno, I think there are some good looking modern Unis.

I like the Bills blue unis, but I hate the white ones. I like Denver's for another example.

Bad karma as in losing four defensemen in the Conference Finals bad karma, or something worse? Bad karma as in not advancing past the first round of the playoffs for 14 straight years, or worse? I've seen enough bad karma with this team to know it's not a result of uniforms, or fan support, or the players' level of effort. If it exists, addressing it is not as easy as putting a couple of crossed swords on a logo.

I guess if the uniforms made the players skate slower, or spray their shots or miss passes, I'd be ready to jump on the bitchwagon.

Other than that, seeing the players warm up, with fans in the stands really put me in the mood to watch some hockey. I'm at the point right now where I'm craving hockey. I can't wait for the season to start, and hopefully the Sabres will be ready to pick up where they left off last season.

Open your eyes people its so obviously a Buffalo....not a slug!

Ummm...two things: This is an American Bison (i.e. "buffalo"):

Image:American_bison_k5680-1.jpg

This is a banana slug:

Image:Two_Banana_Slugs.jpg

So, how much are the Sabres paying you to post pro-logo comments on this forum?

Also, the new logo is now to be referred to as the (soon to be trademarked) "Golden Sluggalo".

'Nuff said.

-Ed ;)

Sorry, the images didn't load...

Here are the links, though....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:America...son_k5680-1.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Two_Banana_Slugs.jpg

Archived