Jerseys to be Unveiled Saturday, Sept. 16th

PTS

What would speak even louder than a boo fest would be if the third jersey outsells the slug 10:1 in the Sabres store.

Amen to that... I plan on buying a third jersey this year. I've seen two images (real or not) of the slug on hats and, dammit, its friggin laughable.

Amen to that... I plan on buying a third jersey this year. I've seen two images (real or not) of the slug on hats and, dammit, its friggin laughable.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that...

Here's a link to a picture of the sluggalo with wordmark from another sabre fan message board.

Apparently the poster was at a Sabre get together at the Pepsi Center and some players were wearing the pants with the sluggalo.

http://sabresfans.proboards66.com/index.cg...57726449&page=4

That's not as bad as I thought it would look.

That's not as bad as I thought it would look.

What scares me is the number of people on that board saying they can't wait to buy one, how good they look, etc.

I really hope we don't have a bunch of sheep buy this new merchandise just b/c its a new look - I hope those that buy do actually like it.

What scares me is the number of people on that board saying they can't wait to buy one, how good they look, etc.

I really hope we don't have a bunch of sheep buy this new merchandise just b/c its a new look - I hope those that buy do actually like it.

I didn't like it when I saw it at first. The hat in the link looks terrible, but that is more the design of the hat than the logo. I have to admit the logo doesn't look terrible on the navy blue background. I want to see the finished product before I decide whether I am going to buy any merchandise with the new logo or not.

Most likely I will end up getting a throwback jersey, and merchandise with the B and the sword on it.

I didn't like it when I saw it at first. The hat in the link looks terrible, but that is more the design of the hat than the logo. I have to admit the logo doesn't look terrible on the navy blue background. I want to see the finished product before I decide whether I am going to buy any merchandise with the new logo or not.

Most likely I will end up getting a throwback jersey, and merchandise with the B and the sword on it.

I still stick by my idea that the fans weren't going to like anything but the original jersey. The outcry about these jerseys has been ridiculous. Yeah, the logo's not the best, but how can you judge a product before anyone has actually seen it?

I still stick by my idea that the fans weren't going to like anything but the original jersey. The outcry about these jerseys has been ridiculous. Yeah, the logo's not the best, but how can you judge a product before anyone has actually seen it?

Don't look at me, I agree with you. Sometimes it seems like some people get more worked up by what the jerseys look like than who is wearing them. I didn't particularly care for the goathead, or the red 3rd jerseys when they came out, but both grew on me over time.

I think it's easy to say the jersey as a whole will suck. The logo is a god-awful piece of trash. It doesn't matter what you do to try to make a piece of $hit look better, because at the end of the day it's still crap. The same can be said for this logo. It doesn't matter how sweet the jersey itself is, it won't change the fact that the centerpiece of the uniform, the logo, will still suck. The only way the uniform will be good is if it features a new logo we havent seen yet, combined with a cool jersey design.

Go out and get your 3rd jerseys everyone.

I will be buying a vintage blue (3rd jersey) this year along with as much other stuff that looks good...

and I do HATE to say this, but if they won't change the slug in two or three years, I think it's growing on me... but I'd still like for them to change it

Here's a link to a picture of the sluggalo with wordmark from another sabre fan message board.

Apparently the poster was at a Sabre get together at the Pepsi Center and some players were wearing the pants with the sluggalo.

http://sabresfans.proboards66.com/index.cg...57726449&page=4

LOL...I like the guy who said he wouldn't mind throwing it on the ice for a hat trick.

The thing that gnaws at me is the hint by Larry Quinn at the infamous "third jersey" press conference that the new jerseys are going to look more modern, and (this is the murky part that I don't remember so well) that they will look almost like some of the equipment is outside the jersey. You mean like big honkin' patches on the elbows that look like elbow pads? I pray I was hallucinating when I heard that. God (and the Sabres staff) only know what we're in for folks. I hope that Reebok is paying them a fortune to be guinea pigs for this new uniform stuff. I feel bad mojo in the air, though.

-Ed :blink:

I only feel good about the slug when looking at these. If you caught the Oregon game on TV over the weekend, they look even worse than in the picture. The players names on the backs of the jersey was silver lettering on the white jersey.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/foo...ms_x.htm?csp=34

PS Make sure you click on the picture to enlarge it!

I only feel good about the slug when looking at these. If you caught the Oregon game on TV over the weekend, they look even worse than in the picture. The players names on the backs of the jersey was silver lettering on the white jersey.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/foo...ms_x.htm?csp=34

PS Make sure you click on the picture to enlarge it!

Oregon's uniforms are a joke, but to me they (I know I'll catch a lot of heat from any PAC-10 people around here) they are fighting for recognition nationally, like a minor league team would.

It makes me wonder if the same crack-head designer came up with the Slug look.

Archived