Sabres Report logo preview!

SDS

Thanks to everyone who helped hammer this design into it's current form. There is still room for tweaks, but I wanted to open the floor to everyone here for comment... Please be constructive in your criticism!!!

post_1_1156512619.jpg

very nice... good job

a few things that may or may not improve it....

1. possibly figure out a way to make the blades look longer and skinnier, sabres are long and narrow. This may not be possible without having them stick way up so it may not work/ look right. the more I look at it, maybe it is that they are too straight... sabres usually curve a little, that may help.

2. once the "team" font is announced, maybe change the font to that, but again depending on what it is, it may look horrible.

just a few thoughts,

all in all, it's good and it is different enough for it to be it's "own brand" type of thing... start the marketing of merchandise :)

Honest opinion: it's good.

C&C:

• Blades appear thinner at the bottom, thicker at the top;
  • sabres normally have some curve to them;
  • hilt could be a smidge smaller to make the blades look longer;
  • hilts could be made slightly more ornate;
  • a better font wouldn't hurt.

I realize the text is a "sports" block, but it looks too blocky, imo.

Would you mind sending me a copy of the Illustrator file or a .pdf so I can mess around with it a bit?

Ditto the comments on the sabres needing to be more sabre-like.

I would like to see the logo communicate more. It doesn't speak that this is a web site where passionate fans come to chat about a hockey team. Kind of corny, but what if one of the sword tips transformed into the point of a pen to symbolize the writing of posts? The pen is mightier than the sword!

The font is really clunky and a cliche choice. A different font might help to define the spirit of the site.

I don't know what the little circles to the left and right of "SR" represent. What if in that space on one side you added a snaking cord that emerged from the circle and attached to the handle of the sword, which sort of looks like a mouse?

OK, I think I've junked it up enough!

All in all, it's pretty darned good and I appreciate the time and talent it took to create it.

A font study is the 1st thing to do on the list. I didn't want top burn hours having the artist just mindlessly choose font after font when I know that could be easily changed on our end.

sds - ditto on all of the above comments, but can you also try and add that nice girl doing the split in your avatar in to the background? or anywhere? :P

I think it is excellent. My only suggestion would be to add a couple of old-style buffalos (like the ones on the bills' throwback helmets) instead of the circles/rivets on the sides of the "SR". But that might be too busy. It looks great as is.

I think Screamin' Weasel did a nice job here:

http://www.americangaragedoors.com/images/...s/sr_logo_2.png

The sabres look real nice, maybe just some polish on the handles. The center needs to go back to the letters or some large icon (we can't have the official logos appear on ours). I like the font and the blades are much better!

Archived