C'mon Darcy bring this board back to life...

LabattBlue

This board went from being crazy(slug logo, free agency, arbitration, etc...) to dead silent. Training camp is a little under a month away, Kalinin & Miller still need contracts, Biron is still on the team, the Sabres have no goalie under contract in the minors, Dumont is still floating around, etc...

C'mon Darcy, put yourself back in the headlines and get this board going again. :)

It died the second dave posted those Bills threads. Coincidence? :huh:

That might have been the official time of death, but it was on life support the days prior...

Personally, I guess I am tired of conspiracy theories, salary cap issues, new uniform talk, defending Darcy & TG, and whether RJ is going to retire as announcer, and I just need a break. As it is, I am busy enough running around town to replace the sugar packets Golisano and Quinn keep stealing from local businesses...;)

And a productive week it has been. You have no idea how much time I spent on here from April-June.

See, that's the problem. My boss is out of town until after Labor Day. I have almost nothing to do, so I need something, anything to keep me busy here. Thank god I'm taking a vacation next week. That's 5 less days to kill.

This board went from being crazy(slug logo, free agency, arbitration, etc...) to dead silent. Training camp is a little under a month away, Kalinin & Miller still need contracts, Biron is still on the team, the Sabres have no goalie under contract in the minors, Dumont is still floating around, etc...

C'mon Darcy, put yourself back in the headlines and get this board going again. :)

The source is Hockey Buzz , but Eklund is saying his sources tell him that Miller and Kalinin signings being held up by Sabres trying to work out long term deal with Dumont. Such would liven up the board and Sabre talk again

Well TSN is reporting Dumont expects to sign with a team by mid week (this week). It says he wants to stay in Buffalo but also wants to sign with the Canadians. He has been talking with the Canadians but no offer has been made. Also says the kings were trying to work out a trade but nothing was ever made final so there is no word on weither they are still interested in getting him for nobody

Well TSN is reporting Dumont expects to sign with a team by mid week (this week). It says he wants to stay in Buffalo but also wants to sign with the Canadians. He has been talking with the Canadians but no offer has been made. Also says the kings were trying to work out a trade but nothing was ever made final so there is no word on weither they are still interested in getting him for nobody

I'm interested to see what he really signs for. If Buffalo and Montreal are both in the hunt, I think it will be significantly less than $2.9 million. I am assuming that Montreal wants to leave themselves a little cap space in case they want to make trades during the season.

Would I be the only one upset if JP signs w/ anyone other than Our sabres?? I personally like the guy in a sabres jersery....and i hope we see number 17 in sabres' blue and gold this upcoming season....come on darcy...J.P. is part of our top line lets get him signed!!!

and if its only a matter of J.P. making a personal decision....Come on J.P. we love ya here in Buffalo, come back and help us get that cup!! no other city deserves it more, don't ya wanna be a part of it?! Go Sabres!!!!

Would I be the only one upset if JP signs w/ anyone other than Our sabres?? I personally like the guy in a sabres jersery....and i hope we see number 17 in sabres' blue and gold this upcoming season....come on darcy...J.P. is part of our top line lets get him signed!!!

and if its only a matter of J.P. making a personal decision....Come on J.P. we love ya here in Buffalo, come back and help us get that cup!! no other city deserves it more, don't ya wanna be a part of it?! Go Sabres!!!!

No, you would not be the only person upset if, or more likely when, JP signs elsewhere. The thing is, most of the rest of us are kind of resigned to the fact that there is little likelihood of the Sabres signing him.

If JP remains unsigned into next week, then I will start to believe the Sabres have a chance of getting him back, but right now it just seems the Sabres don't have nearly enough money left to try to bring him, Ryan, and Kalinin all back.

Trading Marty away would free up some space, but I just don't see Darcy trading Marty for less than what he feels he's worth and if the Sabres trade him while standing on the wrong side of $44MM they won't get much if anything for him. (A trade of Ales might be more realistic at this moment, but I just don't know what to expect for the last move or 2 the Sabres make this off season. About the only things I feel reasonably certain about is that Ryan and Dmitri will be Sabres next year and Rory won't.)

No, you would not be the only person upset if, or more likely when, JP signs elsewhere. The thing is, most of the rest of us are kind of resigned to the fact that there is little likelihood of the Sabres signing him.

If JP remains unsigned into next week, then I will start to believe the Sabres have a chance of getting him back, but right now it just seems the Sabres don't have nearly enough money left to try to bring him, Ryan, and Kalinin all back.

Trading Marty away would free up some space, but I just don't see Darcy trading Marty for less than what he feels he's worth and if the Sabres trade him while standing on the wrong side of $44MM they won't get much if anything for him. (A trade of Ales might be more realistic at this moment, but I just don't know what to expect for the last move or 2 the Sabres make this off season. About the only things I feel reasonably certain about is that Ryan and Dmitri will be Sabres next year and Rory won't.)

So it seems like your leaning toward expecting J.P. packing up and leaving town? hmm, i dunno about that. Financially it makes sense....but

i just hear so much about him being such a philanthropist w/in this community w/ his suite for patients from childrens hospital (or people in similar situation, not exactly sure who he allows in his suite) and his numberous appearance w/in the community..he was at the lancaster 4th of july parade ceremony and most recently participated in a camp where rumor has it "danny briere tried to persue J.P. to stay in Buffalo(this last part is just rumor)

So based on that, unless the canadiens or another team offers significantly more, maybe 0.5 mil more I would NOT be surprized to see J.P. back with the sabres.

Money wise, i know many clubs don't have much cash left, including the sabres, so if J.P. finds the right influences(danny b., family, friends) and the chance that other teams Do Not offer significantly more dollars I can see him back here.

....All this is me trying to stay optimistic about J.P. status....if we do sign him, i expect us deal marty as soon as we sign Ryan Miller....but we'll all see soon what will happen...so fingers crossed!

I want to see marty move on, he deserves it...but to where????

So it seems like your leaning toward expecting J.P. packing up and leaving town? hmm, i dunno about that. Financially it makes sense....but

i just hear so much about him being such a philanthropist w/in this community w/ his suite for patients from childrens hospital (or people in similar situation, not exactly sure who he allows in his suite) and his numberous appearance w/in the community..he was at the lancaster 4th of july parade ceremony and most recently participated in a camp where rumor has it "danny briere tried to persue J.P. to stay in Buffalo(this last part is just rumor)

So based on that, unless the canadiens or another team offers significantly more, maybe 0.5 mil more I would NOT be surprized to see J.P. back with the sabres.

Money wise, i know many clubs don't have much cash left, including the sabres, so if J.P. finds the right influences(danny b., family, friends) and the chance that other teams Do Not offer significantly more dollars I can see him back here.

....All this is me trying to stay optimistic about J.P. status....if we do sign him, i expect us deal marty as soon as we sign Ryan Miller....but we'll all see soon what will happen...so fingers crossed!

I want to see marty move on, he deserves it...but to where????

I just don't see it happening. I can't imagine that someone isn't going to offer him a better deal than us. And if they do, does anyone really think that he's going to take less to stay here and play next to Danny Briere, who's $5M arbitration award is part of the reason his own award wasn't picked up?

As much as we want to believe that this player or that player "isn't in it for the money," most of them are, simply b/c their careers are so short and the chance to hit a huge payday is fleeting at best. If he finds that the Sabres offer and team X's offer (for argument's sake, the Canadiens) are pretty close, he may opt to stay in Buffalo, but I really feel like we've seen the last of him in a Buffalo sweater.

Of course, the argument is moot if the Sabres can't move Marty and/or someone else to free up some cap room.

Don't read too much into his community involvement. Pat Williams of the Bills was also very active in the community and when the chance came for him to cash in, off he went. It's all about the greenbacks!

Don't read too much into his community involvement. Pat Williams of the Bills was also very active in the community and when the chance came for him to cash in, off he went. It's all about the greenbacks!

There are plenty of other communities where he can be involved.

There are plenty of other communities where he can be involved.

The hope is that he has grown attatched to the community he is in now and money is only secondary in his decision... wait am i still dreaming....

It's hockey and for these guys its a job and jobs are about getting as much money as possible no matter what you do. I understand its about making as much as you can as quick as you can, but when one (a hockey player) is set for life basically, it would be nice to see one act out from his heart and not their wallet once in a while, and I guess my hope comes from the possibility that if there is ever a guy who might end up doing just that(acting from his heart/or whatever ya wanna call it)...J.P. isn't that far off of being 'that guy'.

This will probably be misinterpreted, but so be it. One of my pet peeves about professional sports is how sick kids are so often exploited to give a team a little PR boost. I hate to see those stories on the news where three or four athletes walk into a hospital, a camera crew in tow, and make the rounds. You know who I admire? The athletes who do it when no one sees him -- except the kid. It's great that J.P. bought that suite. But for a multi-millionaire, it's chump change. I don't think it makes him Mother Theresa. As much as I despise Dominik Hasek for the way in which he left Buffalo, I admire his gift of one million dollars for Hasek's Heroes. That was true generosity. So I also don't read too much into the "community involvement" of professional athletes. Too often, it's too little commitment and too much PR hype. The Rob Rays and the Pat LaFontaines of the world are very few and far between.

Archived