#%^$#! Afinogenov!

FearTheReaper

I'm sorry, but I hate Hecht today too. He had a fracking open net in OT and he shot the puck right into Ward. If we didn't blow Game Five thanks to him and Max, the top banner on TSR wouldn't feature fans, it would be of our team holding the Stanley Cup!

Sabres, trade them all! :wacko:

What we need is a team that never makes mistakes.

The only way to ensure this is to fold the team. :blink: :rolleyes:

I guess I don't see what's wrong with this post? Maybe a little strident and not as prettied up as most on this board. I just don't get the thinking here that such posts will need to be removed to keep the board "readable."

I don't think the post should be taken down either, but all members should be able to ridicule it as they see fit.....

Are we ridiculing the typing, the cursing or the message? We all make typos, although I sense there are some REALLY retentive folks on this board -- wait, should retentive be hyphenated? I've used words that were "bleeped" too. So what are we down to? The message? He doesn't like Max. He correctly points out the drop in production in the playoffs. He backs his stance up with stats and examples (although I don't recall the falling down play). Again, I don't see what the hub-bub is about, Bub.

Are we ridiculing the typing, the cursing or the message? We all make typos, although I sense there are some REALLY retentive folks on this board -- wait, should retentive be hyphenated? I've used words that were "bleeped" too. So what are we down to? The message? He doesn't like Max. He correctly points out the drop in production in the playoffs. He backs his stance up with stats and examples (although I don't recall the falling down play). Again, I don't see what the hub-bub is about, Bub.

Again it's the timing ... he didn't say "I think the Sabres overpaid for Max and here's why..."

When I was reading it I checked the date and thought the thread was started in early June or something the day after a game. I don't have a problem with the typos and the swearing or even him not liking Max. But when he presents his opinion in that way, singling out one game 2 months later and swearing SO much it looks like he's just going for a reaction, it makes me think he is just trying to start some #%^$#! because he is bored or something. There's no value to it at this point.

Yes, we don't like repetitiveness around here.

No Goal anyone?

Dude, if someone posted ...

"Holy #%^$#!, did you see Hull's skate in the crease?!?!? Those mother #%^$#!ing refs are ! how can they not review that?!?! I'm going to take a baseball bat to Gary Bettman's #%^$#!ing skull! i can't believe we lost the Stanley Cup on that call! #%^$#!!!!!!!!"

...Don't you think the reaction would have been about the same. We all felt that way at the time, but presenting it like that now is just being a flamer.

The way I read the post, it was an overall critique of Afinogenov in the context of the decisions being made today about our team. The play in Game 5 was almost an afterthought. I almost feel like I am missing something here. Do you guys think this is some troll who posted here last summer?

There is one kind of typo/spelling error that annoys me, when someone constantly spells a player's name wrong. Ok, I can understand it for some of the crazy Russian names out there, but I saw Briere and Grier booted several times this year. If you want to pass yourself off as a knowledgeable hockey fan, spelling the players' names wrong is not a good start.

Ok, that's enough for my off topic, grammar rant.

There is one kind of typo/spelling error that annoys me, when someone constantly spells a player's name wrong. Ok, I can understand it for some of the crazy Russian names out there, but I saw Briere and Grier booted several times this year. If you want to pass yourself off as a knowledgeable hockey fan, spelling the players' names wrong is not a good start.

This is why I always refer to Teppo and Max by their first names. :)

Typing "Perrault" should be subject to the torture of having to watch Rod Brind'Amour's Game 7 goal on an infinite loop -- with his mugshot perhaps superimposed in.

You know who you are!

:unsure:

Schraeiderre, *%& enough. (*&^) I've U*%%*( with these posts.

And X. Benedict, who wrote "What the hell is Laudry Day? And why do French fall on Laudry Day?" (I don't have the skeelz to quote two posts): I #$%^&* think the original %^&* poster meant "fold" on laudry day but screwed up his simile. Laudry Day, in France, is the %^# day where the French revere the great football coach, Tom Laudry. It is a day of *&^% wine drinking and much $%^&^%$# surrendering. And folding.

Schraeiderre, *%& enough. (*&^) I've U*%%*( with these posts.

And X. Benedict, who wrote "What the hell is Laudry Day? And why do French fall on Laudry Day?" (I don't have the skeelz to quote two posts): I #$%^&* think the original %^&* poster meant "fold" on laudry day but screwed up his simile. Laudry Day, in France, is the %^# day where the French revere the great football coach, Tom Laudry. It is a day of *&^% wine drinking and much $%^&^%$# surrendering. And folding.

Wooohooo. Viva la Laudry and pass the vin.

#$#%^#@!!!!

I don't think the post should be taken down either, but all members should be able to ridicule it as they see fit.....

Ding Ding Ding Ding!

<<For the record [this is a record, right?], I'm open to the idea that Max is a temperamental Russian who played for a contract this year and will be mailing it in for the next two; I'm also of the mind that we got him locked up for a good price, considering what he did and what he's capable of doing in the future.>>

Ding Ding Ding Ding!

<<For the record [this is a record, right?], I'm open to the idea that Max is a temperamental Russian who played for a contract this year and will be mailing it in for the next two; I'm also of the mind that we got him locked up for a good price, considering what he did and what he's capable of doing in the future.>>

I wouldn't go that far. I think he is just getting used to the fact that he can't win the game by himself. If he learned from his mistakes in the playoffs and goes back to trying to set up his teammates (which he seemd to be able to do in the regular season), I think he is going to have an even better season this year.

Or he can fall again when the teams future is on the line.But seriously i did like the way he played in game 6 against carolina,when he set people up by using his speed.If he just did that i wouldn't hate him so much,whereas he tryed to be the greastest player ever and failed miserably

Or he can fall again when the teams future is on the line.But seriously i did like the way he played in game 6 against carolina,when he set people up by using his speed.If he just did that i wouldn't hate him so much,whereas he tryed to be the greastest player ever and failed miserably

I seem to remember a lot of players falling on the Carolina ice for no apparent reason.

well when lydman scores on a clean breakaway and our savior afinogenov falls on one,one tends to believe he sucks

Lydman's goal was at 1:55 of the 2nd period:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/boxscore?gid=2006052807

While the ice in Carolina is bad, 2 minutes into the period it is still pretty decent. Even if the ice wasn't decent on Lydman's breakaway really doesn't make much of a difference in your argument. Bad ice makes players fall from time to time, it doesn't make everyone fall all the time.

I don't seem to recall anyone calling Max our savior.

Everyone is going to fall down on bad ice from time to time. Hate to break it to you.

I wouldn't go that far. I think he is just getting used to the fact that he can't win the game by himself. If he learned from his mistakes in the playoffs and goes back to trying to set up his teammates (which he seemd to be able to do in the regular season), I think he is going to have an even better season this year.

You can definately tell that he is maturing as a player. I'm elated that we have him locked up for 3 years at that price because he is only going to get better.

Wooohooo. Viva la Laudry and pass the vin.

#$#%^#@!!!!

Looks like fun!!! What day is it?!

Gotta buy a Cowboys T shirt and start it right now. Let's uncork some good old bottles!! :D

Archived