You just got to love DOUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

navybillsfan

I have hockey on the brain so bad, I just assumed this thread was about Doug Allen. I was all excited.

No, we would have won that playoff game if we didn't have a bunch of dimwits on special teams who couldn't stay in their lanes. Last I recall of Rob Johnson, he was leading the team down the field for the go-ahead score, even pulling off one great play without a shoe.

And the scab, picked at, begins to bleed again.

Who cares really? The Bills are yesterday's news. I couldn't tell ya much about them anymore. Tom Donahoe's regime has taught me that going to the stadium, watching, or caring about that team isn't a necessity anymore.

Go Sabres!

For the first time in a long time (ever?), I find that I have absolutely no hope for the Bills in the coming season. The Sabres are my favorite Buffalo team now, because they give me hope. The Bills simply don't do that at this point.

Yeah I know Rob Johnson led them down the field and it was special teams that blew it, but just like Super Bowl XXV (sorry, another scab picked at), if the offense performed like it had been in prior weeks, we wouldn't need last minute special team heroics. I remember thinking at the time that if Doug Flutie had played, the game wouldn't have been decided in the last seconds. I may be wrong because I don't remember much about that season anymore.

And, yes, sadly I agree that this year I'm not really excited about the Bills. The first time in 25 years.

I have hockey on the brain so bad, I just assumed this thread was about Doug Allen. I was all excited.

No, we would have won that playoff game if we didn't have a bunch of dimwits on special teams who couldn't stay in their lanes. Last I recall of Rob Johnson, he was leading the team down the field for the go-ahead score, even pulling off one great play without a shoe.

And the scab, picked at, begins to bleed again.

For once PA and I can fully agree on something.

Saying he was better than Rob Johnson does not make him like-able ... that ridiculous drop-kick fiasco in New England was a perfect example of his "Look at me!!!" mentality. I don't care if he did get a raw deal from the NFL for years ... yeah he was good enough to play and didn't get a chance ... doesn't mean he was a GREAT NFL QB ... now people have totally overcompensated and made him out to be a better player and a nicer guy than he actually was. His selfishness split the locker room in half and then after the TEAM loses a game because the kick coverage team couldn't stay in its lanes, he goes on TV and throws Johnson under the bus. If the situation was reversed and Flutie led them to the apparent game-winning field goal with ONE SHOE, we would have heard about the "Flutie Magic" bullsh!t and everyone would have felt bad for him.

I know this is not the place for this discussion but I refuse to bow down at the altar of the midget and his mullet.

For the first time in a long time (ever?), I find that I have absolutely no hope for the Bills in the coming season. The Sabres are my favorite Buffalo team now, because they give me hope. The Bills simply don't do that at this point.

Quoted for truth!

You would think a bunch of Sabres Fans would have hope for the Bills this year considering they have been following the Sabres plan this off season of getting younger and not overspending in FA to get big names. Just cut the dead weight and bringin in hungry young players who could have breakout years this year.

As for Flutie, of course he would have won the game, he's Flutie, he would have sprinkled some of his pixie dust on the field and made the tackle on special teams and we would not have a music city miracle. He's Flutie, now that he is gone, Bruschi has stepped into his role as saviour

You would think a bunch of Sabres Fans would have hope for the Bills this year considering they have been following the Sabres plan this off season of getting younger and not overspending in FA to get big names. Just cut the dead weight and bringin in hungry young players who could have breakout years this year.

This is the Bills we're talking about. With a first-year head coach who has had little success elsewhere (not Lindy Ruff, Coach of the year and longest tenured coach in the NHL and winningest Sabres coach ever).

This is the Bills we're talking about. With no clear cut starter at the most important position, and none of the three excite any of us.

Am I a Bills fan? Abso-freaking-lutely. Will I watch every game and live and die with each one? Yes. Do I have hope for the upcoming season? No, I do not.

Again, not to turn this into a Bills board, but I have SOME hope ... not that they will make the playoffs, but I still have HOPE that Losman can be the guy. I don't BELIEVE that he WILL be, but I definitely have hope ... I would rather see them go 6-10 with Losman improving and running with the job than see them go 7-9 or 8-8 with a dead-end old guy like Holcomb. Maybe I am more patient than the average fan but I can't give up hope on a regime and a lot of young guys who have not had time to prove how good (or bad) they really are yet.

(All that said, i think Ralph Wilson is insane ... but I am not going to hold that against Jauron and company before he has coached a game ...)

Again, not to turn this into a Bills board, but I have SOME hope ... not that they will make the playoffs, but I still have HOPE that Losman can be the guy. I don't BELIEVE that he WILL be, but I definitely have hope ... I would rather see them go 6-10 with Losman improving and running with the job than see them go 7-9 or 8-8 with a dead-end old guy like Holcomb. Maybe I am more patient than the average fan but I can't give up hope on a regime and a lot of young guys who have not had time to prove how good (or bad) they really are yet.

(All that said, i think Ralph Wilson is insane ... but I am not going to hold that against Jauron and company before he has coached a game ...)

Its not only that you are more patient, but also smarter than the average fan. It takes a QB much more than 7 games to develop into a NFL starter. JP definately has the skills to be a starter my only fear is that he doesn't have great football brain, but again only time will tell. This season needs to be commited to JP and even after another full season he still probably has a few more games before we can call him a flop. The Bills need to give him a chance and show faith in him or else he will be another Tod Collins.

This is the Bills we're talking about. With a first-year head coach who has had little success elsewhere (not Lindy Ruff, Coach of the year and longest tenured coach in the NHL and winningest Sabres coach ever).

Jauron is not a first year head coach, he has coached elsewhere, and just like Ruff (who most were calling to be replacedd before this year) He has also won a coach of the year (2000 or 2002) with the bears.

This is the Bills we're talking about. With no clear cut starter at the most important position, and none of the three excite any of us.

Last time I checked too, the Sabres were going into this season with no clear cut starter at one of the most important positions in hockey, the goalie, and like the Bills had 3 players competing til the season for the job (Losman = Miller, young with upside, will be the starter of the future, Holcomb = Biron, both veterans trying to get the starting job, haven't shown in the past they could be a steady starter, Mikka = Nall, still young with possible upside but never had the chance to fully prove themselves as a starter or show what they can do)

Am I a Bills fan? Abso-freaking-lutely. Will I watch every game and live and die with each one? Yes. Do I have hope for the upcoming season? No, I do not.

Its kind of sad that you can be a fan of a team and not have any hope for them and are already dooming them before they show you anything. I'm sure you also always new the Sabres had a chance at the ECF at the start of this year with all the doom and gloom around here

For once PA and I can fully agree on something.

Saying he was better than Rob Johnson does not make him like-able ... that ridiculous drop-kick fiasco in New England was a perfect example of his "Look at me!!!" mentality. I don't care if he did get a raw deal from the NFL for years ... yeah he was good enough to play and didn't get a chance ... doesn't mean he was a GREAT NFL QB ... now people have totally overcompensated and made him out to be a better player and a nicer guy than he actually was. His selfishness split the locker room in half and then after the TEAM loses a game because the kick coverage team couldn't stay in its lanes, he goes on TV and throws Johnson under the bus. If the situation was reversed and Flutie led them to the apparent game-winning field goal with ONE SHOE, we would have heard about the "Flutie Magic" bullsh!t and everyone would have felt bad for him.

I know this is not the place for this discussion but I refuse to bow down at the altar of the midget and his mullet.

I had cleansed my soul of this BS. For me it was the low point in my following of the team. Hearing Flutie's name makes my blood boil. My wife is from the Boston area, and we went out to dinner with her friends in Natick (yep, home of the one and only DF). I hated the whole night because I could feel his midget like presence around me all night. Please go away Doug.

Jauron is not a first year head coach, he has coached elsewhere, and just like Ruff (who most were calling to be replacedd before this year) He has also won a coach of the year (2000 or 2002) with the bears.

Last time I checked too, the Sabres were going into this season with no clear cut starter at one of the most important positions in hockey, the goalie, and like the Bills had 3 players competing til the season for the job (Losman = Miller, young with upside, will be the starter of the future, Holcomb = Biron, both veterans trying to get the starting job, haven't shown in the past they could be a steady starter, Mikka = Nall, still young with possible upside but never had the chance to fully prove themselves as a starter or show what they can do)

Its kind of sad that you can be a fan of a team and not have any hope for them and are already dooming them before they show you anything. I'm sure you also always new the Sabres had a chance at the ECF at the start of this year with all the doom and gloom around here

apuszczalowski, you have to be one of the ones that drank the kool-aid and didn't question Tom Donahoe once in the past five years.

I was a Bills nut. I used to go to the stadium every week (without season tickets) and attend every game for 5 or so years before i moved to albany. Even after moving in 2003 I had season tickets for a year or two. I dunno if it was the 4 hr drive or the losing, (i'm pretty sure its the losing) but I just cannot stomach anything at 1 Bills Drive anymore. The fact that Marv is back makes me even more nervous.

The majority of us are from Buffalo (although most of us live elsewhere) and I'm sure most of us are Bills fans in some capacity. The fact of the matter is, each year under Donahoe except the first year, they spent heavily on pieces, we, as fans, were sold the world, bought it, and were disappointed heavily each time. I have no hope for this team because I'm not allowing myself to have hope.

Secondly, I HATE THE PLAYERS! I seriously do not like anyone on this team. I hate Losman and McGahee. I really hope Willis is outta here after his first contract. Clements? See ya. I can't tell you one guy that endears himself to Buffalo these days. Maybe Spikes...but thats a maybe. I am encouraged that they cut alot of dead weight....but they need to keep cutting. #%^$#!, I really don't care anymore. I've always been more of a Sabres fan anyway. I'll be there on opening day for the Bills...but that'll be my only appearance at RWS.

All I am asking for out of this season is 6 wins (which I think is doable) and seeing a better team in December than what is out there at the beginning of the season. Anything more than that: Losman "getting" it, Evans stepping up as a true #1 receiver, Spikes showing he's back to 95%+, some of the rooks showing they were steals vs. reaches, etc. is gravy.

NEXT season, I want to see playoffs and will be very disappointed with anything less. Jauron and Marv will have 1st hand experience with what is on this team and will likely be getting a 3rd or 4th place schedule and the NFC East (which would look like a bad thing on paper this year, but I'd be surprised if the division looks as good next year as it does this year, it also reduces travel significantly as Dallas comes to Buffalo - Bledsoe bowl tickets anyone?).

We're off topic, but hey it's summer and there isn't much news this week... but I couldn't blame Flutie for being PO'd. All he did was win 10 of the 15 games he played in that year. Johnson wins a meaningless finale against an Indy team that didn't care and that got him named playoff starter?! Don't get me wrong, I know Flutie had his faults, but I hated Johnson with such a passion that I loved Flutie by comparison. I just remember one Johnson interview where he said something to the effect of "Well, I had better stats than Doug... except for wins and losses." Rob Johnson, the man who would rather take a sack to keep his completion percentage up that throw the ball away to help his team. Enough said.

We're off topic, but hey it's summer and there isn't much news this week... but I couldn't blame Flutie for being PO'd. All he did was win 10 of the 15 games he played in that year. Johnson wins a meaningless finale against an Indy team that didn't care and that got him named playoff starter?!

Of course he will be PO'd, but he didn't need to go on national TV and throw his teammates under the bus. It wasn't Johnson's fault Wade Phillips started him. He went out and made enough plays to win the game. Flutie should have just keps his mouth shut.

I'm not arguing Johnson was a better player, just that Flutie was not nearly as good as his reputation and he did more harm than good in the locker room.

Archived