Don't worry be happy Sabres fans

Swedesessed

Everything is great....no need to go out and make any deals.....ALL these teams are overspending..they are ALL foolish....amazing how that happens in a 24 hour span isn't it?

McKee was not that good anyway (he was only very good before he signed with St Louis, now he is ordinary)...let Grier walk too...it is not like re-signing both Jay and Grier would help keep the team chemistry intact, nah, team chemistry is overrated!.

Regier and Golisano are the only smart men in the NHL as of now.

It is not like the Sabres were close to winning it all last year right??? No need to worry! <_<

In the span of 2 days you have single-handedly become the most annoying poster here... Do you suck lemons for a living? Do you do anything other than complain (and badly at that)? My Daddy didn't hug me enough! Darcy isn't doing what I want to validate my existance!

Making the same tired post again and again and again will not make people agree with you....

Everything is great....no need to go out and make any deals.....ALL these teams are overspending..they are ALL foolish....amazing how that happens in a 24 hour span isn't it?

McKee was not that good anyway (he was only very good before he signed with St Louis, now he is ordinary)...let Grier walk too...it is not like re-signing both Jay and Grier would help keep the team chemistry intact, nah, team chemistry is overrated!.

It is not like the Sabres were close to winning it all last year right??? No need to worry! <_<

McKee was not that good anyway?? :blink: :blink:

McKee was not that good anyway?? :blink: :blink:

Im being sarcastic :D

In the span of 2 days you have single-handedly become the most annoying poster here... Do you suck lemons for a living? Do you do anything other than complain (and badly at that)? My Daddy didn't hug me enough! Darcy isn't doing what I want to validate my existance!

Making the same tired post again and again and again will not make people agree with you....

Ok Ill stop now then, don't want to come here anymore and bother anyone.

Please delete my account. I'm outta here. Sorry for trying to show just how pissed I am at the Sabres now. Guess that does not make me a fan or something, and then you resort to cheap shots.

Nice work.

Im being sarcastic :D

Ok Ill stop now then, don't want to come here anymore and bother anyone.

Please delete my account. I'm outta here. Sorry for trying to show just how pissed I am at the Sabres now. Guess that does not make me a fan or something, and then you resort to cheap shots.

Nice work.

Let's see, you decide it is your right to throw what can only be called a perpetual "hissy fit", offering nothing to discuss other than your hurt feelings, and you expect no one to respond? :rolleyes:

Ok, I get it - this is a "my ball, I'm leaving" deal... Well, I guess running away just completes the picture. :lol:

Thank you. It's one thing if some random person like me says it, but its good to know that the people running this site share my opinion.

That is some fine analysis for the 2nd day of free agency. <_< I haven't seen anybody with sacharine yippees over losing good players, but you do have to acknowledge that there is a plan for Buffalo's free agency that is going to favor team depth over the things Toronto

and Boston are doing.

So far Bob Gainey and Darcy Regier seem to be content to watch the Ferarri's and Rolls Royces leave the showroom floor. Vis a Vis the division, I am not sure Boston and Toronto have done themselves any favors by spending lots of money early. Ottawa will not be a better team but still very good.

Rather than your veiled accusations of pollyannaism - please try to recognize that at least half of the board does recognize there is a strategy in operation.

Every year we're gonna lament Darcy Regier and every year you're gonna be suprised at how this "no-star" team manages to prosper against Super-Star Laden teams.

For what it's worth I'd rather have Drury at 30 goals then Jagr at 54 goals and a big .

Let me add a point just so everyone realizes I actually have one. :P

I want to have a board where el crusho can display unbridled enthusiasm that is tempered by the healthy skepticism of PASabreFan. That creates a fun, intelligent atmosphere that people can enjoy.

Being perpetually pissed off at the world only serves to lower the discourse, chase people away, and prevent others from joining. Be as critical as is necessary, but do it with purpose, and do it in a way that adds value to the community...

Being perpetually pissed off at the world only serves to lower the discourse, chase people away, and prevent others from joining. Be as critical as is necessary, but do it with purpose, and do it in a way that adds value to the community...

Could you pin this at the top of the main page? :)

Well, since my name was brought up, I will join the fray.

If a message board needs all kinds of posters, I think there has to be a place for the naysayer like Czech too. We shouldn't be afraid of opinions that seem to be far outside the mainstream. Actually, what Czech is saying is probably representative of a lot of "fans on the street." Heck, I'm not that far behind...

In Czech's defense, he or she has been around this version of the board for over 200 posts, and I'm pretty sure has been posting for a number of years before this. I think it's frustration talking more than an attempt to be a "troll."

SDS, I just don't know about the precedent of the site owner coming down on a poster for a reason other than violation of the terms of service. If being a repetitive complainer were a crime, I'd be in board prison for life. No chance of parole.

I think Czech deserves some slack, and Czech, you need to grow some thicker skin. Your opinions will be a lightning rod. Suck up the lemon and come back firing. And maybe consider cheering up a bit. I recall during this magnificent season there were many times you proclaimed impending doom, even suggested the Sabres were flukes, IIRC.

I must say just one thing,

And that is, until this team shows that it can continue to win and be at the top of the league with the way this team is run (only signing lower tier cheap players and not making any big splashes in FA) no one knows if this plan is the right way to be doing things. One good year does not mean this plan is the way to suceed. And just because a team (like Toronto or Boston) went out and overpayed for a couple players, doesn't mean they won't be a good team, or will be a perannial loser.

Ottawa (a team that also was bankrupt at the same time as Buffalo) spends big money on player and was one of the best teams in the league last year.

It will take a couple seasons of sucess for me to be able to sit back and say "Don't worry, Darcy knows exactly what he is doing and has a fool proof plan for being a championship team" I'm sure if TG let him spend to the cap, we would be a player in some of the big deals going on in FA.

As for Czech, I'm sure we didn't need a sarcastic post about how not signing top FA players will doom this team, but I do believe there is something in the US called Fredom Of Speach where he is supposed to be able to say what he wants. Just because he doesn't share the same views about how Darcy will fix everything and is sceptical of this "plan" of his, does mean he should be attacked for his views.

I must say just one thing,

And that is, until this team shows that it can continue to win and be at the top of the league with the way this team is run (only signing lower tier cheap players and not making any big splashes in FA) no one knows if this plan is the right way to be doing things. One good year does not mean this plan is the way to suceed. And just because a team (like Toronto or Boston) went out and overpayed for a couple players, doesn't mean they won't be a good team, or will be a perannial loser.

Ottawa (a team that also was bankrupt at the same time as Buffalo) spends big money on player and was one of the best teams in the league last year.

It will take a couple seasons of sucess for me to be able to sit back and say "Don't worry, Darcy knows exactly what he is doing and has a fool proof plan for being a championship team" I'm sure if TG let him spend to the cap, we would be a player in some of the big deals going on in FA.

As for Czech, I'm sure we didn't need a sarcastic post about how not signing top FA players will doom this team, but I do believe there is something in the US called Fredom Of Speach where he is supposed to be able to say what he wants. Just because he doesn't share the same views about how Darcy will fix everything and is sceptical of this "plan" of his, does mean he should be attacked for his views.

The point (about continuity) is valid, but why make a lot of changes to a team that was so close to making the finals? "If it ain't broke...." In other words, maybe it's not a plan or style of not seeking big-money FAs, but rather confidence in an already good team. If the Sabres missed the playoffs last year or something, maybe management would be doing more this offseason. I want as few changes as possible to the great lineup like we saw last season & I hope management feels the same way.

The McKee Mistake was made last year, not this year, and $4M x 4 is overpaying for him--much as I hate to see one of my favorite players go. There's one that needs to be replaced, then.

As for Czech, yes, it was getting old, but I hope he comes back.

Well, since my name was brought up, I will join the fray.

If a message board needs all kinds of posters, I think there has to be a place for the naysayer like Czech too. We shouldn't be afraid of opinions that seem to be far outside the mainstream. Actually, what Czech is saying is probably representative of a lot of "fans on the street." Heck, I'm not that far behind...

In Czech's defense, he or she has been around this version of the board for over 200 posts, and I'm pretty sure has been posting for a number of years before this. I think it's frustration talking more than an attempt to be a "troll."

SDS, I just don't know about the precedent of the site owner coming down on a poster for a reason other than violation of the terms of service. If being a repetitive complainer were a crime, I'd be in board prison for life. No chance of parole.

I think Czech deserves some slack, and Czech, you need to grow some thicker skin. Your opinions will be a lightning rod. Suck up the lemon and come back firing. And maybe consider cheering up a bit. I recall during this magnificent season there were many times you proclaimed impending doom, even suggested the Sabres were flukes, IIRC.

I responded as just another community member... If Captain Sourpuss is going to be "that naysayer guy" - then he needs to expect that someone is eventually going to call him on that... He wasn't warned, banned, or threatened. I spoke only to the tone of his posts that he has chosen to take the last few days. If Czech thinks he was cheapshotted, then he should realize how he is coming across in what he has decided to write for our consumption.

1st Amendment, free speech, moderator, mckee, blah, blah, blah...

it was just an annoying post. I was feeling the same way. invest some time in your thought. that scribble sounded like someone who woke up on the 2nd day of free agency, checked TSN for any Sabre movement and instantly became pissed.

McKee left for an amount we could not afford, and unfortunately should have been taken care of last year

did grier leave already?

last season started out the same way Re: lack of player movement - was no lesson learned?

perhaps most of all, it is just not having my own personal ability to tolerate negative people. it is only the 2nd day of free agency, not the day before the home opener...

Here's the problem with not being overly worried about losing players like McKee and Grier, based on how well last offseason worked out. Losing Satan and Zhitnik, although I didn't agree at the time, turned out to be addition by subtraction. Losing McKee and Grier is just subtraction.

Eleven, we didn't win the Cup last year (news flash). Standing pat is not a good option for teams that are serious about winning the Cup. Besides, with McKee, Grier and Biron likely gone, and great uncertainty about what we're going to add, they're not exactly keeping the team in tact, are they?

Here's the problem with not being overly worried about losing players like McKee and Grier, based on how well last offseason worked out. Losing Satan and Zhitnik, although I didn't agree at the time, turned out to be addition by subtraction. Losing McKee and Grier is just subtraction.

Eleven, we didn't win the Cup last year (news flash). Standing pat is not a good option for teams that are serious about winning the Cup. Besides, with McKee, Grier and Biron likely gone, and great uncertainty about what we're going to add, they're not exactly keeping the team in tact, are they?

Are they coming back as the same team? Are they old guys who just got another year older or are they young guys that just gained a boatload of experience? Will Campbell be better? Will Vanek step up? Which players have room to improve and which ones have peaked?

Which players have room to improve and which ones have peaked?

Upside(we have yet to see their best)

Roy

Pominville

Tallinder

Lydman

Campbell

Miller

Briere

Vanek

Kalinin

Gaustad

Connolly(if he can stay injury free)

Leveled off(pretty much reached their peak)

Hecht

Drury

Dumont

Pyatt

Mair

Max

Kotalik

Downside(injury concerns, lack of production or borderline player)

Teppo

Grier

Fitzpatrick

No hope

Peters :P

Upside(we have yet to see their best)

Roy

Pominville

Tallinder

Lydman

Campbell

Miller

Briere

Vanek

Kalinin

Gaustad

Connolly(if he can stay injury free)

Leveled off(pretty much reached their peak)

Hecht

Drury

Dumont

Pyatt

Mair

Max

Kotalik

Downside(injury concerns, lack of production or borderline player)

Teppo

Grier

Fitzpatrick

No hope

Peters :P

wouldn't this suggest that even with a few changes that we will be BETTER next year with a similar cast?

wouldn't this suggest that even with a few changes that we will be BETTER next year with a similar cast?

I would hope so. I think Grier is replaceable(Paille??), but McKee's role as the teams most physical dman and best shot blocker will not be as easy. If Teppo is also not re-signed, the Sabres MUST acquire a quality dman via free agency or trade.

Pyatt is just a newborn in this league - his best hockey may still be a couple years away.

How quickly people forget that he's only 24. He'll probably never be what we want him to be, but to say that he's peaked seems like a stretch.

Archived