4200 SEATS REMAIN FOR GAME ONE!!!!

navybillsfan

Unreal....

This team should be the poster child of keeping hockey up north! Just got my Tom Petty tickets from ScubTics. They were laughing about it

Sabres would of sold out in 10 minutes....

Hell, you could of printed the tickets on fresh #%^$#! and they would of sold in 10 minutes...

Thats 3200 tickets guys, sorry!

Unreal....

This team should be the poster child of keeping hockey up north! Just got my Tom Petty tickets from ScubTics. They were laughing about it

Hell, you could of printed the tickets on fresh #%^$#! and they would of sold in 10 minutes...

3200 missing Buffalonians!

I really hope SOMEONE steps up and buys those tix for the sake of the NHL...what a friggin emabarrassment it would be for the league's championship final to have nearly 1/6 of the stadium empty...

Hockey Gods love to F__K with Buffalo!! Geez, We would have had home ice in the Finals. How great would that have been?!? We could have withstood Carolina with McKee in the Lineup but that was the ultimate F-U from the hockey gods we love to hate.

We all know the smoking man from the XFiles is responsible for this crap!

Smoking Man: "What I don't want to see is the Bills winning the Super Bowl. As long as I'm alive that doesn't happen."

Third Man In Black: "Could be tough, sir. Buffalo wants it bad."

Smoking Man: "So did the Soviets in 80."

Third Man In Black: "What? You saying you rigged the Olympic hockey game?"

Smoking Man: "What's the matter? Don't you believe in miracles?"

Fourth Man In Black: "The boss gave the Russian goal tender a little pre-game good luck pat on the back. Unseen novacaine needle on a bogus wedding ring. Goalie's a little slow on the stick side, 4-3 home team."

Smoking Man: "Payback's a bitch, Ivan. Well, gentlemen, if that'll be all?"

And all you'll hear tonight is how loud and loyal the #%^$#!ing Caniacs are.

I was at Game 1. That place is loud because the PA is so damn loud.

Loudest house in the NHL my ass. HSBC Arena is as loud as that place on any given night....AND its a bigger arena. I heard something like HSBC is the tallest hockey arena in the NHL. In RBC Center, I was sitting in the 300 level.. looking straight on at Jim Valvano's banner literally in the rafters. In HSBC, I'd have to look up 20 feet.

I am going to have as big of a problem with Carolina winning as I did with Tampa. Go Oilers

OK, let's settle this one right now. The loudest building in the NHL is in Edmonton. And they don't pipe in any sound at all. They don't have to, unlike Buffalo and Carolina. "Come on fans, let's make some noise!" Are you kidding me? In Game 6 of the conference finals? We should all bow before the Oiler faithful.

I don't see any tickets available for tonights game at ticketmaster.com. I'm not defending Carolina fans who didn't scoop up tickets in the series against the Sabres, but it looks like they are on the bandwagon now.

GO EDMONTON!!

Unreal....

Correction, the Sabres would have sold out in ZERO minutes. The Sabres said there would have been no tickets left for sale if they made the finals. They were already bought out when the ECF tickets went in 12 minutes.

I don't see any tickets available for tonights game at ticketmaster.com. I'm not defending Carolina fans who didn't scoop up tickets in the series against the Sabres, but it looks like they are on the bandwagon now.

GO EDMONTON!!

Nope, they're not. Ticketmaster only holds tickets until 2 or 3 hours before gametime. Then the only place to get tickets is at the venue itself.

OK, let's settle this one right now. The loudest building in the NHL is in Edmonton. And they don't pipe in any sound at all. They don't have to, unlike Buffalo and Carolina. "Come on fans, let's make some noise!" Are you kidding me? In Game 6 of the conference finals? We should all bow before the Oiler faithful.

Actually the Oilers finished 15th in league attendance, Buffalo finished 14th. Edmonton averaged 16,832 fans, while Buffalo averaged 16,910. Now Edmonton's area has a couple of thousand fewer seats than Buffalo, so in an a bigger arena, they could have outdrawn the Sabres, except that they averaged 98% of their building's capacity (10 teams averaged 100% or better this season), which suggests that their arena is right-sized for the market.

No doubt the Oilers have great fans, the the Buffalo crowd might finish second to them, but not far enough for any Sabre fan to bow to them.

By the way Carolina averaged 15,596 fans per game, ranking 21st in the league. They filled their building to 83% (7th worst in the league) of capacity. Great numbers for the team that lead the EC for most of the year. So the draw for tonight's Finals' game is right on par for their season average.

Apparently the NHL allows the home team to announce a game as "sold out", and also provide whatever attendance figures they like. Looking through the BoxScores at nhl.com, the attendance for all the games in the Buffalo series is listed at 18,730. (except for 1 game where it's listed as 0, apparently not reported for that game) I assume 18,730 is the capacity, and based on what others have posted here I my own browsing of ticketmaster, IMO it's highly unlikely that all tickets were sold for any of the 4 games in that series.

Apparently the NHL allows the home team to announce a game as "sold out", and also provide whatever attendance figures they like. Looking through the BoxScores at nhl.com, the attendance for all the games in the Buffalo series is listed at 18,730. (except for 1 game where it's listed as 0, apparently not reported for that game) I assume 18,730 is the capacity, and based on what others have posted here I my own browsing of ticketmaster, IMO it's highly unlikely that all tickets were sold for any of the 4 games in that series.

The teams use the number of distributed tickets for announced attendance not turnstile/ticket stub count. So as long as all the tickets were "distributed" by game time, then the place was a "sell out".

When the criminals ran the team, they would regularly give away ~2,000 tickets to various groups / individuals. Those 2,000 seats were always included as "attendance" as were the 100's (1,000's ?) of seats that were bought as corporate season tickets but went unused against such name draws as the Panthers and Hurricanes.

Archived