Delay of Game

Orange Seats

If it's intentional. That clearly was not intentional.

Why is that one rule so cut and dried, but not any others?

The refs are there to use their judgement. Let them decide if it's on purpose or not.

How do you judge intention? And please, let's not ask the ref's for any more judgement calls, as it is they're forking things up quite nicely :)

I agree, it's a good rule... It's just too bad...

It's already a faceoff in your own zone ... that's no deterrant at all. It was NOT a bad play by Campbell, it was a good play by the forechecker ... watch the replay from behind that they showed, the guy hacked his stick and kept him from following through. NO way Campbell can avoid that.

How do you judge intention? And please, let's not ask the ref's for any more judgement calls, as it is they're forking things up quite nicely :)

I agree - make it automatic everywhere, or change the rule so its no line change, something else. These refs have obviously not mastered the art of the judgement call...

Mental error on Campbell, I don't hold it against him.

No, you keep it the penalty.

How sickly fitting it was... Because of the "new rules" this team was able to excel and breakout with its speed and talent... And feasted on the "new rules" all year.

You live by the sword, die by the sword.

It took a healthy (except Cole) 7 games to beat this team... They just didn't have enough in the tank... And they were still winning with 18:00 left in the game... They sure gave Goliath a scare!

Raise your head high... And flip off the arrogant, smug Carolina Hurricanes.

This is one time where Goliath wins...

The one rule I wish they'd enforce better is the faceoff rule. After watching a guy like Brind'Amour for 7 games, you realize why he wins so many. I'm not trying to take anything away from him, but he cheats on so many faceoffs. Drury does too though. The best faceoff guys know what they can get away with. If you watched every opening faceoff, Brind'Amour's skates were parallel to the red line. The faceoff that led to the 4th goal tonight was frustrating too. How many times did he slash Drury's stick? He should've been tossed from that one too.

Please don't take this as me complaining. It's something I've seen a lot of this year in the 200+ college and NHL games I've watched. Luckily my teams (Sabres, BU) were usually coming out ahead on it, but I wish the stripes would be a bit more consistent with faceoffs.

The one rule I wish they'd enforce better is the faceoff rule. After watching a guy like Brind'Amour for 7 games, you realize why he wins so many. I'm not trying to take anything away from him, but he cheats on so many faceoffs. Drury does too though. The best faceoff guys know what they can get away with. If you watched every opening faceoff, Brind'Amour's skates were parallel to the red line. The faceoff that led to the 4th goal tonight was frustrating too. How many times did he slash Drury's stick? He should've been tossed from that one too.

Please don't take this as me complaining. It's something I've seen a lot of this year in the 200+ college and NHL games I've watched. Luckily my teams (Sabres, BU) were usually coming out ahead on it, but I wish the stripes would be a bit more consistent with faceoffs.

I agree with you, he's was pratically standing on the dot half the time when the puck dropped.

It's already a faceoff in your own zone ... that's no deterrant at all. It was NOT a bad play by Campbell, it was a good play by the forechecker ... watch the replay from behind that they showed, the guy hacked his stick and kept him from following through. NO way Campbell can avoid that.

They could make it where if the player takes a "clean" shot, it is a penalty... And intrusion onto the shot would be a face-off...

But it still was good play on Carolina's part to be able to force him to make the miscue.

Keep the penalty on the books... No regrets for me.

Not that I necessarily agree with him, but Don Cherry mentioned earlier in the playoffs that it should be handled like an icing. No line change.

i remember that Coach's Corner - he nailed it. How would a team feel for taking a penatly that leads to a crushing goal in a situation like this.

I think the call blows ass. Play the game at a competitive level for more than 5 years and you know how difficult it is, even when you are NOT trying, to always keep the puck in play.

If there is a guy on you - ok, fine call a penalty. But, in a situation like that where there is nobody near Campbell let it go, faceoff down deep.

I think that call absolutely sucks ass. I know it is a penatly, but I am also all for improving the game. And my two suggestions are take away this ass-eating auto penalty, and anytime a team can't sell out a game 7 they automatically get sold the following year to a more deserving Canadian, or Northeast US city.

Oh, and F Brinda'mour for wasting our time mentioning Lindy in his post-game on-ice interview.

And my two suggestions are take away this ass-eating auto penalty, and anytime a team can't sell out a game 7 they automatically get sold the following year to a more deserving Canadian, or Northeast US city.

I'll agree with that, I sure hope The Canes enjoy the sight of empty seats in the playoffs. Says it all really.

We should enclose the entire rink in a dome like bubble. The puck will never go out of play. Also, the referees should no longer use whistles. They will have to yell as loud as possible. If no one can hear them, then keep playing.

It will be like Bubble Hockey! And the only teams allowed to play are USA and Russia! And tickets are only 25 cents!

It will be like Bubble Hockey! And the only teams allowed to play are USA and Russia! And tickets are only 25 cents!

Does the right wing get a really long hockey stick?

How many times will the fans be allowed to get the boo button?

Miller is going off on the penalty in his postgame interview. He said a penalty like that should never decide a series. I've never heard him so openly angry.

But, it has to be called by the new rules... Right?

Please, please... I SAY PLEASE don't tell me that it was a discretionary call since Campbell's stick was hacked by a Carolina player. Again, it has to be called right?

If it was, I can live with it... If not, I don't know what to say!

We should enclose the entire rink in a dome like bubble. The puck will never go out of play. Also, the referees should no longer use whistles. They will have to yell as loud as possible. If no one can hear them, then keep playing.

In the old days, VERY old days... Ther were no boards and the players often would end up in the crowd... The fans would then push the player(S) back onto the ice. That is when there was two pipes as a goal and the rinks were outside...

Outside rinks? Carolina would be in trouble... Heck, outside of February, Buffalo would too!

:D

i'm impressed with how many of you agree with that call despite how it killed us. I agree too. if you leave that up to the discretion of the ref, it would never get called, and .... every team would"accidentally" do this 6 times a game.

Don't be so hard on Campbell guys...he did not mean to do that. It was not a brain cramp. He tried to play it off the glass and out, he was pressured and misfired. it's no more complicated than that.

I'm here in Regina, Sask. , and make no mistake ... I am sick in my belly right now. I feel your pain Buffalo. Damn, I had a lousy night at work in the bar, drank a lot to drown my sorrow. Roughly 6 sambuca, 3 jack daniels, 4 double paralysers and a random shot here or there. This is all while I was working. (Drank about 4 liters of water, too.)

The part that bothers me most, is that you optimists will assume the Sabres will be back there soon. Usually it doesn't work that way. New underdogs rise up, old favorites rise again. This was their year, and it all collapsed.

Having said that... I thought the defense played well... I thought the forwards were invisible for most of the game.

Archived