Jeff Jillson

Two or less

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

WOW what a game by Jillson!!! I was so afriad of him playing, but he was rock solid, he looked right in place, he made some errors, but thats expected, everyone making errors, none of his errors were near disaster level though. When we lost Tallinder, Jillson played and played strong!!!! Very awsome job done.

Also, Fitzpatrick stuggled AGAIN imo however in the final 2 minutes, he must have been out for there all of it except the final .28 seconds and he did a GREAT job in the final 2 minutes.

Just giving credit where it's due!!!!!

But Jillson, WOW! What a game by this kid.

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

WOW what a game by Jillson!!! I was so afriad of him playing, but he was rock solid, he looked right in place, he made some errors, but thats expected, everyone making errors, none of his errors were near disaster level though. When we lost Tallinder, Jillson played and played strong!!!! Very awsome job done.

Also, Fitzpatrick stuggled AGAIN imo however in the final 2 minutes, he must have been out for there all of it except the final .28 seconds and he did a GREAT job in the final 2 minutes.

Just giving credit where it's due!!!!!

But Jillson, WOW! What a game by this kid.

Agreed. If Jillson keeps it up, I think he moves into Fitzpatrick's spot on the depth chart.

i agree - Jillson shocked me with how well he played tonight. I didn't think Rory had a bad game altogether - I didn't see many glaring mistakes/turnovers. I was a little disappointed in Kotlaik's recurring problem getting the puck out of the zone.

i agree - Jillson shocked me with how well he played tonight. I didn't think Rory had a bad game altogether - I didn't see many glaring mistakes/turnovers. I was a little disappointed in Kotlaik's recurring problem getting the puck out of the zone.

Yeah, but Kotalik was flying out there. He was playing like he owned the world. If Kotalik plays like this every game, watch out.... he was everywhere.

And for sure about the comment Jillson will replace Fitz if he plays like this more, but i am hoping this was a solid Jillson preformance that we can except more of in the future then just his "game of his life" which was tonight and then from now on he goes back to his normal self.

No lie - I was going to post earlier today and ask what everyone thought of giving Jillson a shot. Know I sound like the Monday morning expert now - darn that thing called work which keeps me from spending the entire day following the Sabres.

All y'all (that was for our NC visitors) will just have to take my word for it!

I was kind of down on putting Jillson in, after seeing him play here in Rochester, this year, but he had a great game and was able to use his big body to deliver some big checks. One of his main problems is often being too keyed on delivering the check instead of maintaining his position or following the play. When he is on, he can be a benefit in his pairing. This is good, since we may be stuck with him the rest of the way.

I'll give credit where credit is due...I ripped Jillson yesterday afternoon, but he came through and played a solid game. Maybe he's one of the players who needs to be on the big stage. ;)

The stage doesn't get any bigger than this, and we need him, big-time, right now. With 3/4's of our European blue-liners on the shelf, we need someone like him to step up, right now. If he keeps his head and focuses, he could have some real value in this series.

I was quite surprised on how much Jillson played during power plays. I thought he did a great job, especially since this was his 3rd NHL game (I believe). Pretty important game to be playing in for your 3rd time. Hopefully he keeps it up. I would love for him to replace Fitz.

3rd game of the season maybe for Jillison, but he has played many more NHL games, and maybe even a couple playoff games previously

I was quite surprised on how much Jillson played during power plays. I thought he did a great job, especially since this was his 3rd NHL game (I believe). Pretty important game to be playing in for your 3rd time. Hopefully he keeps it up. I would love for him to replace Fitz.

Also, he seemed a lot quicker on his feet that I'd been led to believe.

Looked like he was, at the very least, a lot more mobile than Fitzpatrick.

The stage doesn't get any bigger than this, and we need him, big-time, right now. With 3/4's of our European blue-liners on the shelf, we need someone like him to step up, right now. If he keeps his head and focuses, he could have some real value in this series.

Hey Don Cherry, what in the world does a player's country of origin have to do with how they play in the Conference Finals? That's bogus man. I mean, Chara isn't even from this planet and I'd still take him as an 8th or 9th defenseman, haha.

Jillson simply didn't look like a rookie, which is a trend among the Sabres that seems to be re-occurring. Jillson was crisp in his passing, especially his outlet passes from the Sabres zone. I thought he passed up 2 or 3 chances to shoot on the PP, and tried to pass the puck off. Actually, as comfortable as Jillson looked in the defensive zone, he looked just as uncomfortable in the offensive zone. There were times he seemed like offensively he just wanted nothing to do with the puck.

Of course, what a great performance by Jillson, that I'm nitpicking about passing up a couple shots offensively!

Hey Don Cherry, what in the world does a player's country of origin have to do with how they play in the Conference Finals? That's bogus man. I mean, Chara isn't even from this planet and I'd still take him as an 8th or 9th defenseman, haha.

Errr, where did you see making any value judgment on them? Are they not European? Am I missing something? Way to over-react and mis-interpret.

Jillson simply didn't look like a rookie, which is a trend among the Sabres that seems to be re-occurring. Jillson was crisp in his passing, especially his outlet passes from the Sabres zone. I thought he passed up 2 or 3 chances to shoot on the PP, and tried to pass the puck off. Actually, as comfortable as Jillson looked in the defensive zone, he looked just as uncomfortable in the offensive zone. There were times he seemed like offensively he just wanted nothing to do with the puck.

Of course, what a great performance by Jillson, that I'm nitpicking about passing up a couple shots offensively!

Uhmmmmmmm, I don't think Jillison is a rookie. I believe he is in his late 20's and has played in the league for a while. Didn't he come to Buffalo in the three-way trade with Boston and San Jose last season? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Uhmmmmmmm, I don't think Jillison is a rookie. I believe he is in his late 20's and has played in the league for a while. Didn't he come to Buffalo in the three-way trade with Boston and San Jose last season? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Nope, you're right. If memory serves, he played in a playoff series for San Jose his rookie or second year.

He's 25 and has played parts of 4 NHL seasons (if you include this year's 2 games heading into the playoffs) with SJ, Boston, and the Sabres. He played 64 games in '04 and had played in 4 playoff games his rookie season w/ SJ.

That's exactly what I meant in my previous post. Maybe it took a game at this level for him to wake-up and play at a level everyone thought he could play at.

GO SABRES!!!

That's exactly what I meant in my previous post. Maybe it took a game at this level for him to wake-up and play at a level everyone thought he could play at.

GO SABRES!!!

Marv Levy actually commented on athletes like Jilson many moons ago. This is not the exact quote, but he stated that he had seen a couple of players over his days who he called "Gamers". When they practice, they look crummy but when the get in a game and the heat is on, they are money players. I think Jilson is a "Gamer".

He's only 25 so still pretty young. Even though the Sharks and B's gave up on him, he still could turn out okay. Now is a great time for him to audition for a new chance to get back to the bigs on a more regular basis.

Jillson played very well in my opinion.. He made some GREAT passes, especially in the offensive zone, he played the body and made some huge hits. He never really gave me any reason to gasp. And for this I applaud his effort.

Fitzpatrick in game 1 decided to play the body and let the puck (and Brindamour) go behind him which showed me a lack of defensive awareness.

That said, Fitz has been playing well.

Archived