Canes Fans PISSED!!! About Number of Sabres Fans in Attendence!!!

matter2003

Just thought I would share a link on the Hurrincaes board talking about how pissed they are about all the Sabres fans at the game and how they "love" hearing the crowd roar when the Canes give up a goal...its actually pretty funny...here is the link...

Canes Fans Highly P.O.'d About Number of Sabres Fans

Man, we are getting inside the heads of their fans!!! :lol:

Why the hell are they complaining about Buffalo fans? They seem to think that all the drunk Buffalonians descended on their gracious Southern mansion and ruined it for them. I highly doubt it was all drunk Buffalo fans wrecking things for the composed levelheaded Cane fans.

I wish they were still in Hartford.

If they think thats bad they should go to a Bills game...

I just don't think they understand how important our sports teams are to us up here and just how obsessive this city can become when their teams contend for a championship...

If they didn't realize it before, they certainly do now...

They should be pissed...I would be pissed if this had happened in Buffalo. They talk about the unruly Sabres fans? I'm sure it's somewhat true, but the only incident I witnessed was a drunk Canes fan taking a swing at me for not sitting down - He was thrown out. :P

Why the hell are they complaining about Buffalo fans? They seem to think that all the drunk Buffalonians descended on their gracious Southern mansion and ruined it for them. I highly doubt it was all drunk Buffalo fans wrecking things for the composed levelheaded Cane fans.

I wish they were still in Hartford.

So you wouldn't have to drive so far to watch a playoff game, right? :ph34r:

Speaking of which, I drove through South Carolina today. I wish I'd written on the back of my trailer "Go Sabres! Beat the 'Canes!"

BTW, did Tim Russert really pose w/ a Sabres jersey with the Stanley Cup, or is that pic doctored?

So you wouldn't have to drive so far to watch a playoff game, right? :ph34r:

BTW, did Tim Russert really pose w/ a Sabres jersey with the Stanley Cup, or is that pic doctored?

No, because I don't think hockey belongs in North Carolina. And Hartford would be an easier (and nicer) drive.

If the pic is photoshopped it wasn't by me. I found it on google images searching for "Sabres Cup."

I'm assuming it was taken in 99 during the cup run. Since it was taken in his DC studio it might have been during the 98 series against the Capitals.

No, because I don't think hockey belongs in North Carolina. And Hartford would be an easier (and nicer) drive.

If the pic is photoshopped it wasn't by me. I found it on google images searching for "Sabres Cup."

I'm assuming it was taken in 99 during the cup run. Since it was taken in his DC studio it might have been taken during the 98 series against the Capitals.

Russert had the Cup and Sabres jersey on his show a few weeks ago. That's when the picture was taken.

I've been reading their board and I'm sure some Buffalo fans did something studpid. Hell, everytime I go to the arena I see some fan do something stupid... When its a fan on the same team you kind look past it or don't let it get to you. When your team loses it makes you feel like ass and grinds you more. I think they're just pissed that they lost game one of the ECF and it stings more because they had so many Sabres fans there.

In their defense, they probably would have sold out quicker to home fans if they had a season ticket preferred pricing plan for the playoffs like we do.

They're calling us "classless" fans over there though, and thats just not right. They're a little naive about fandom if they think Buffalo fans are classless.

I've been reading their board and I'm sure some Buffalo fans did something studpid. Hell, everytime I go to the arena I see some fan do something stupid... When its a fan on the same team you kind look past it or don't let it get to you. When your team loses it makes you feel like ass and grinds you more. I think they're just pissed that they lost game one of the ECF and it stings more because they had so many Sabres fans there.

In their defense, they probably would have sold out quicker to home fans if they had a season ticket preferred pricing plan for the playoffs like we do.

They're calling us "classless" fans over there though, and thats just not right. They're a little naive about fandom if they think Buffalo fans are classless.

Classless, huh?

Give 'em a series against The Cryers, and they'll wise up.

I seriously doubt there was much "classless" being shown. Just Carolina hockey fans with little understanding on how to take it in stride.

What we have here are upset Carolina fans, who are not use to having Toronto fans, or Montreal fans load up their home town arean a dozen times a year. Sabre fans go through the "obnoxious fan" ritual way more then Carolina fans do.

It appears Carolina fans want a day of pleasentries, and for diehard fans (Sabre fans) of a game that has little business being played in Carolina (couldn't sell out playoff home games while there team in in the conference finals) they obviously are not hockey worthy, or Cup worthy.

I'm sure things were said, but talkin smack is what you do when you confront passionate fans of the opposition.

Carolina needs a series with the Flyers some day

My only complaint about the canes fans was one guy who came with his two small children. He was sitting a couple down from me. There were two sabres fans, who were VERY drunk and obnoxious to me before the game (because it was only sabres fans inside till right before the game). Yes, the sabres fans were slurring, yes they were loud, and yes they kept up the lets go buffalo throughout the entire game, but they never swore, never made any rude comments, and never threatened anyone. Well, this canes fan (clad in only a bathrobe and a bathing suit) told them to shut up. The buffalo guy said he was doing nothing wrong. Then the canes fan told them to shut up or he'd make them shut up. Some more profanity laced threats were made from the canes fan, and then the buffalo fan said, slurred speach and all, "its not worth it for me to get into a fight with you while your children are here". Mind you, the kids had started crying, another guy had pulled his kid towards him to protect him, and my wife and i had begun to ignore him too (hell, we were close enough to the bench, we had marty biron on our side...)

Then the best thing happened, another CANES fan stood up, saod "i've had enough of this", walked all the way up to get a security guard, and he had him walk down... This was when it was 3-2 and the game was very tight...

Other than that, the canes fans were very congratulatory... I got a few "have a safe drive back", "hope your team does well", bla bla bla... It was a friendly game all around, except for the @sshole in the bathrobe...

The Buffalo crew sitting across the aisle from me were fairly typical insofar as they were loud, drunk and proud. They were a group of guys with a dry-erase board, who would change their "sign" periodically. However, after the 3rd goal, one guy walked all the way down from the top of 101 to the glass and back up again with their sign. Sure it was rubbing salt in the wound, but I was more upset at how "we" acted. Words were exchanged between a Canes fan and the drunk kid, and the Canes fan, holding a hockey stick jabbed the kid in the throat...as the kid progressed up the aisle, ten rows (atleast) from where he was accosted the first time, a guy two rows in front of me reached four seats over and grabbed the kid's board and tried to wrestle it from him, breaking it...

Jackasses were well represented on both sides if you ask me.

This is the guy who was walking around the parking lot with the "lets go buffalo at the 18:00 mark" not saying a word.

Glad that poster recognized that it goes both ways...

What we have here are upset Carolina fans, who are not use to having Toronto fans, or Montreal fans load up their home town arean a dozen times a year. Sabre fans go through the "obnoxious fan" ritual way more then Carolina fans do.

Bingo.

How many Capitals, Lightning, Panthers or Thrashers fans do they see in their own building? Not very many, I'm guessing. We have to deal with it when the Leafs, Habs, Sens, and even Pens come to town, and that's just for a start. I'm sure that for once it felt good to give as good as we always get. Too bad for the 'Canes fans that they happened to be in the way.

Geez, they're a bunch of whining babies on that board. I'm sure we're all shocked here that a bunch of 21 year olds got drunk and obnoxious. Maybe it says something about Sabres fans is that we have 21 year olds that care enough about the Sabres to make the road trip.

BTW, anyone else thinking about making the road trip for the Sunday game?

i am. if it goes to 5, i am there. my girlfriend is already fired up for it was well.. hopefully it will be an ELIMINATION game.

i saw those tailgate pictures and i was jealous...it did look like gameday at the ralph!

They had their chance to sell out the RBC center...

REMEMBER THE ZIP CODE BAN?!?!?

Um yeah...we sold out in 12 minutes...

Not our Fault I could buy 8 tickets to game 1 yesertday morning

Blame their fans not the front office

Hahaha, there might not be a game 5 :P

Yeah, the excuses everyone is making are ridiculous. If they charged $300 for tickets here, there would be people standing in line to get them. It doesn't matter right now, this city is in a frenzy or as most put it has gone "Cup Crazy". I work in the inner city and even people who are coming in that have never even watched a game before this year are talking about it and loving it.

Note to Mr. Wilson. For all the complaining you do about not being able to charge higher ticket prices...take note:

This city will pay whatever you want them to pay if you put a winner on the field. People will almost be willing to eat bread and water for a few weeks to be able to spend the money to go see a winner and I honestly believe that we would sell out all the games if we charged one of the highest ticket prices in the NFL if we had a winning product on the field...

"The cardinal rule in fan behaviour should be..never ever boo the home team when u are rooting for the visiting team and never get drunk and act stoopid. Those #$%^&*% buffalo fans violated both...Man I really hate those pricks..."....................... :lol:

It hurts when they boo... I thought that post was kind of ridiculous.

I was at the game and there were just as many drunk 'Canes fans starting trouble as Sabres fans. It's like any sporting event, especially when it's on a Saturday and you've got all day to drink, where there's always going to be some drunken idiots. The fact that some of them were rooting for the opposing team just becomes a catalyst for some violence.

Some of the 'Canes fans aren't very tolerant though. There was a couple in the row behind us complaining that we were standing up BEFORE the game. They also left when we went up 3-1. Not exactly die-hards.

I live in DC and went down to Raleigh for the game yesterday. The greatest thing that I haven't heard anyone mention yet was that at about 12:30 in the VIP lot, there was a huge contingent of Sabre fans all riled up and chatting with Tom Galisano. He came out to the parking lot just to hang with the Sabre fans for a while.

And yes, Sabre fans, including myself were drunk and loud, but I saw nothing that was anti-Carolina, dirty language or violence. I left the game rather proud of how we acted. And Carolina giving away pint glasses after the game? Absolutely ridiculous. Who gives glasses out to drunk fans after a game.

I live in DC and went down to Raleigh for the game yesterday. The greatest thing that I haven't heard anyone mention yet was that at about 12:30 in the VIP lot, there was a huge contingent of Sabre fans all riled up and chatting with Tom Galisano. He came out to the parking lot just to hang with the Sabre fans for a while.

And yes, Sabre fans, including myself were drunk and loud, but I saw nothing that was anti-Carolina, dirty language or violence. I left the game rather proud of how we acted. And Carolina giving away pint glasses after the game? Absolutely ridiculous. Who gives glasses out to drunk fans after a game.

well, as my wife said "its a good thing they didn't give these out before the game! Now, sean, don't break yours!"

Archived