AHL PLAYOFF GDT - Amerks @ Crunch - Friday, May 10, 2024 - 7:05 PM (EDT) AHL TV, 950/95.7 WROC

6 minutes ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

Levi 3 goals on how many shots??

15 shots. First one was inconclusive that it was even a goal. Was called a goal on the ice so it stood. 2nd, he was interfered with, but the Crunch player was pushed into him by an Amerk. Third was just a 2 on 1 that he had no chance on. Amerks have 2 goals on 12 shots. Not a very offensive game so far.

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

15 shots. First one was inconclusive that it was even a goal. Was called a goal on the ice so it stood. 2nd, he was interfered with, but the Crunch player was pushed into him by an Amerk. Third was just a 2 on 1 that he had no chance on. Amerks have 2 goals on 12 shots. Not a very offensive game so far.

Lol, they just took a SOG from the Amerks. So they have 2 goals on 11 shots after 2 periods. If this was a regular season game, I'd be sound asleep. 

I don’t see how anyone could even remotely question Levi. For crissake, he stopped 101 out of 106 shots the last two games and without him, the Amerks would have been golfing already this week. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I don’t see how anyone could even remotely question Levi. For crissake, he stopped 101 out of 106 shots the last two games and without him, the Amerks would have been golfing already this week. 

He seems to start slow, but once the game gets going, he is unreal. That's the only problem I see. Actually, the whole team starts slow and that's a problem. 

• Like (+1) 1

Ok, Levi is really good, but he's not very good on 2 on 1's. Smoked again. No chance. 4-2 Cuse. Season over Amerks. They didn't have one odd man rush all game. 

I hope Lindy has something up his sleeve. They all left about 10 mins ago. Now all the fans are leaving. Wtf.

• Thanks (+1) 1

And Appert pulls a Granato. After pulling Levi Syracuse scores to go up 5-2. With under 2 mins left, he pulls Levi again down 3. Appert does not impress me. I'm shocked Pegula didn't hire him. I hate this franchise.

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

One issue with the AHL playoffs is that it favors grinders masquerading as Top 6 forwards and other failed NHLers.

Which is only an issue if you don't build your AHL team with grinders and some failed NHLers. 

Rochester is a complete mirror of the Sabres and has the very same roster construction issues. It's not really that surprising. 

27 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

6 shots on goal a period?? Sorry boys, that's not how you win hockey games. 

SYR smothered the entire series. Not a pretty brand but a winning brand. Is what it is, our guys couldn't break through.  Not for lack of trying.  Also SYR capitalized on mistakes, classic playoff winning hockey. 

• Agree 1