AHL PLAYOFF GDT - Amerks @ Crunch - Thursday, May 2, 2024 - 7:05 PM (EDT) AHL TV, 950/95.7 WROC

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

Levi is in God Mode!

This is fantastic development for him.

Can’t buy this experience… Adams and Ruff must be delighted.

• Like (+1) 1

Mersch took a skate to the right side of his face. Not good. Hope it wasn't actually the neck area. No blood on the ice which is a positive I guess. 

4 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

ROC has not carried play, but they’ve had their chances including a 2-0 and could not cash.  

Mersch to the room after a puck in the face. Ostland will see more ice time and he has me nervous in his own end.   

Just watched the replay, he was hit with the Crunch players skate. 😳 

• Sad 2

Well, that sucked. Can anyone give me a reason to think the Amerks will be any better offensively on Saturday when the Crunch have dominated in every game so far?

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Because they were better in games 1 & 2.

The name Devon Levi comes to mind too. His team effed him tonight. Shouldn't be long before he wants out of Buffalo, lol.

The above is a joke. And Levi said the ice was trash in the 2nd OT. Said he was sticking to it and couldn't react like he wanted too. 

Edited by Claude Balls

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

So the best prospect pool in hockey isn't getting it done? Huh. 

At least there's Levi. 

This had to feel good as you hit “submit reply”. Let’s go Bruins!

10 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

At least there's Levi. 

Lol, I bet that one felt good. 

1 hour ago, bg17 said:

I didn't see your post before I wrote mine. 😂

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Because they were better in games 1 & 2.

Are you saying the Amerks were better than the Crunch in games 1 and 2 or that the Amerks were simply better in games 1 and 2 than they were in game 3? Because from where I sit, the Crunch has been the dominant team in all three games. 

12 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

At least there's Levi. 

Huh. Have you watched any of the games or is just dumping on the organization because you enjoy it?

If you think a handful of teenagers should be running over a bunch of quality AHL bets then I don’t know what to tell you.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Are you saying the Amerks were better than the Crunch in games 1 and 2 or that the Amerks were simply better in games 1 and 2 than they were in game 3? Because from where I sit, the Crunch has been the dominant team in all three games. 

The Crunch have carried play, but they did not generate many high danger chances in games one and two.  Rochester deserved to win game one and got beat by three deflected point shots in game two.  

Game three was another story. The Amerks looked feeble.  Their zone entries were gross and they were terrible in their own zone. Levi was otherworldly. 

With all that said, a little puck luck could go a long way.  They’ve all been one goal games. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

The Crunch have carried play, but they did not generate many high danger chances in games one and two.  Rochester deserved to win game one and got beat by three deflected point shots in game two.  

Game three was another story. The Amerks looked feeble.  Their zone entries were gross and they were terrible in their own zone. Levi was otherworldly. 

With all that said, a little puck luck could go a long way.  They’ve all been one goal games. 

They’ve been one goal games because of one player, Devon Levi.

As you alluded to, their play in the D zone was horrendous last night, but it’s been the same way in all three games. Indeed, it’s been that way all season long. While I’m glad the Crunch aren’t seeing many grade A chances despite their dominance in the Amerks D zone, the bigger issue with that is the lack of puck control and offensive zone time as a result of being stuck in their D zone for long stretches. 

I just can’t agree that the Amerks outplayed the Crunch in any of the three games, despite the win in game 1. 

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

It started with the Amerks outplaying Syracuse but leveled out in game 2. Game 3 Syracuse figured out something in the Amerks game. So much so that Rochester could not finish a pass without a Crunch player in the way. It got so bad I noticed Amerk players breaking off offense to get back to defend too quickly. They were worried about Syracuse in transition.

That said I still think Rochester played their ***** off in their own end frustrating Syracuse. The Crunch did have some extended possessions but not that many dangerous scoring chances.

Rochester was in the same spot last year, down 2-1 to the Crunch, and managed to pull it out. I hope Appert has something up his sleeve.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, bg17 said:

Nah, Bruins aren't going anywhere and their era might finally be done. They might still beat the Leafs (maybe) but they won't get near beating Florida.

As for feeling good, yes but not for why you imply. 

My view has always been that what matters is the NHL roster and all this prospect salivation talk is BS. Too many years of "look what's coming later" from the Sabres while icing a failed team in Buffalo. I also don't think we develop players properly in Rochester and Appert is garbage. 

Do I want some of our shiny prospects to develop into something? Absolutely. Am I convinced they will? Absolutely not. 

• Like (+1) 1