NHL Playoffs (First Round) discussion

SwampD

Did you see Cooper drawing up and giving the play himself… Urgently… Always considered Granato aloof… Delegated the PP to Ellis… Huge tell… Huge Fail.

10 minutes ago, ... said:

Couldn't watch the Ranger's game but I fully expected the score. Anyone see it? Was it as lopsided as it should have been?

I watched at a hotel bar...I respect how Washington scrapped their way in to the playoffs.... But they were and are outmatched

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If Buffalo had made the playoffs, they'd have gotten boat raced. There's a league of differences and an offseason of self reflection and script reading ain't getting the Sabres jack *****. 

I try not to even think about that right now because it’s so daunting. Just getting in has proved so difficult. Once we do you basically need to figure out how to build a whole second variant version of your team 

2 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Seems like yesterday dozens here were chanting for Hellebuyck. Gave up 3 in the 1st period. 

Right that’s more important than a vezina winning season where he leads them to 4th overall as their far and away MVP

Like that’s your takeaway? One period?

Edited by Thorny

6 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

So, last off-season, I was optimistic and believed KA would make more significant changes. You were pessimistic, and obviously proven correct. It's not very happy making, however, to simply have no plausible hope. I do believe there are sufficient talent and assets to make a leap forward. I still think competent, veteran coaching that will hold a young team accountable can make substantial differences. Surely, they can find a coach that will at least raise the PP to close to ordinary.

But no doubt, the mix is wrong. The question is does KA properly appreciate that, and how hard would it be to transform the roster so that getting to the playoffs isn't followed by rapid dismissal and embarrassment. I don't want to have endured 13 years of nothing only to see that happen.

I've been on about that for years. I don't want to just make the playoffs, I want to build a team that will win in the playoffs if and when they get there. 

With the right coaching I can see this roster having a Leafs type regular season, but I also see them having a horrible playoff after that with "star" players becoming invisible and multiple errors and collapses. Some might say losing in the playoffs is part of the learning process, but I see no reason to have to go through that if you can learn from other team's mistakes. 

21 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Just noticed Matt Rempe scored today. Wonder if his teammates hate him yet lol

Crowd chanting "Rempe! Rempe! " on multiple occasions so I'm sure he's hated. 

• Thanks (+1) 1