GDT - Flyers @ Sabres - Friday, April 5, 2024 - 7:00 PM (EDT)

1 minute ago, Sabres73 said:

We're still alive as of April 5th. And the finish line is getting closer. What are we up to, a 10% chance?

50/50

Just now, Big Guava said:

This might be the whackest fight for the last playoff spot ever...

8th place team has a legit shot of getting in with 88-89 points.

86/87

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Pretty sad when you can’t score into an empty net for a full four minutes. Only Buffalo.
Decent second half of the game and good win tonight. 

Benson’s stick just died.  It came off before he shot.  Must have had a deep internal crack.  They don’t use real lumber like the old Northland or CCM. 

Interesting game. For most of the game I thought the Flyers were actually the better team. They definitely outworked the Sabres and won more puck battles but ultimately it came down to the goaltending and the fact that the Sabres have more finishers/goal scorers and the Flyers really don't have many at all. The big Russian goalie definitely not NHL ready (if he ever will be). On the other hand UPL very good today. That was the difference.

We did avoid their PK scoring threat as they never took a penalty 😉

What this will serve to do is reinforce the false narrative that everything is on the right track and just wait for next year (again). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • dislike 1

Just now, JoeSchmoe said:

Man... I'm watching scoreboards as much as everyone here, but we're not back in. Not enough games to pass this many teams.

I'm a glutton for punishment though and will watch to the bitter end. So bitter.

I need the Sabres to win Sunday so that they are still in it to win it when I go to the game in Dallas Tuesday.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Man... I'm watching scoreboards as much as everyone here, but we're not back in. Not enough games to pass this many teams.

I'm a glutton for punishment though and will watch to the bitter end. So bitter.

We have the tiebreaker over everyone so we technically don’t have to pass anyone 

It’s 4 points. That’s 2 games. If we make up 2 games over the stretch of 5 we’d make the playoffs. I bet you they run this steak to at least 5 games this time around, they just have that look 

Edited by Thorny