7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The collective delusion regarding our roster is truly something else

Its composition is reflected in the standings. No more no less

Agreed, We (Sabres faithful) always overestimate/overvalue our roster

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Look at all the players this organization has churned through who went on to great success elsewhere.

Because other teams with their competent management are, shock, able to identify the players who can amount to more in situations where the sum total of the roster isn’t ass

how many times do we need to see it? We roster good players. But rostering good players isn’t enough. You have to build a WHOLE team 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Because other teams with their competent management are, shock, able to identify the players who can amount to more in situations where the sum total of the roster isn’t ass

how many times do we need to see it? We roster good players. But rostering good players isn’t enough. You have to build a WHOLE team 

Robinson is ass. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Disgusted by how chicken-$hit the Sabres are as a team.  No courage, no hitting.....just a stick-checking, perimeter playing group of softies.  Pegula/GMKA/DG must all be pacifists and demand their team plays that way.

It’s. The. Players. 

5 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

Agreed, We (Sabres faithful) always overestimate/overvalue our roster

It's like watching your kids' youth teams and you justify in your own mind how good they are, because you see them play the most often, and because you deperately want them to be good. And then you see actual good teams play, and you're like "uh, damn..."

I've been watching the Bruins play for decades, given where I live. I hate them with a passion, but I love the way they build a roster and the way they play most nights.

Edited by Slack_in_MA
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I doubt there is anyone who doesn't want changes to the roster but you can  constantly run people in and out and you won't have success until you find a coach 

so get a new coach and make some changes to the roster.  
Adams has to do both this summer 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

I doubt there is anyone who doesn't want changes to the roster but you can  constantly run people in and out and you won't have success until you find a coach 

Ya, it’s an interesting offseason 

my inclination is to expect little until proven otherwise given precedent but honestly who knows 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

It's like watching your kids' youth teams and you justify in your own mind how good they are, because you see them play the most often, and because you deperately want them to be good. And then you see actual good teams play, and you're like "uh, damn..."

I've been watching the Bruins play for decades, given where I live. I hate them with a passion, but I love the way they build a roster and the way they play most nights.

Tell me about it. I live in Denver and watch the Avs and catch the Oilers whenever I can, or Vegas to root against them. 

Then I watch the Sabres and it's just painful. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

If I’m Pegula, Granato is gone and this offseason is Adam’s Last Hurrah.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1