Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

22 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

<Draft bump>

Thought experiment out there has the Bills trading back in order to select 2 WR’s. I really like that idea.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/lists/mock-draft-2024-nfl-buffalo-bills-keon-coleman-ladd-mcconkey/#

I really need people to stop mocking McConkey to the Bills.  I can’t put my finger on it but when everyone starts telling me something, I want the opposite. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

You dont like McConkey? He's going to be a great player 

Case in point. And no, nobody knows who is going to be a great player. You can offer an opinion but it’s sure as heck not a certainty.  They built an entire industry on the discourse about things like draft picks.  

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Beane mentioned they do not have first round grades on 28 players this year. Thursday should be interesting 

I don’t think they stay put. I think they’re more likely to move up to ~20 than anything else. But I also think there’s a good chance they bail on Round 1 and grab two WR’s in a draft lousy with them.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Beane mentioned they do not have first round grades on 28 players this year. Thursday should be interesting 

Prepping the fanbase for trading out of the first round.  Dammit Beane, I took Friday off for this *****!  

9 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

<Draft bump>

Thought experiment out there has the Bills trading back in order to select 2 WR’s. I really like that idea.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/lists/mock-draft-2024-nfl-buffalo-bills-keon-coleman-ladd-mcconkey/#

I would be pretty surprised if Coleman doesn’t go until the 4th and will be absolutely pumped if we got him there.  
I like what McConkey can do but not sure if he’s the type of wr we Need.  I think we need more of a Thomas/Mitchell kind of guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

I would be pretty surprised if Coleman doesn’t go until the 4th and will be absolutely pumped if we got him there.  
I like what McConkey can do but not sure if he’s the type of wr we Need.  I think we need more of a Thomas/Mitchell kind of guy. 

McConkey is exactly what they don’t need.  Same skill set as Shakir and Samuels.  I wouldn’t hate if they drafted him, just not in the 1st round as they already have rostered players who do the exact same thing. 

10 minutes ago, inkman said:

McConkey is exactly what they don’t need.  Same skill set as Shakir and Samuels.  I wouldn’t hate if they drafted him, just not in the 1st round as they already have rostered players who do the exact same thing. 

Smurfs 2.0. Let's do this.

76-redskinsjpg.jpg

50 minutes ago, inkman said:

Samuels is a slot receiver and McConkey is not. And I don't mean, he sorta isn't, I mean flat out McConkey was not used much at all in the slot. At Georgia there simply is never a reason too. James Cook took those snaps, Bowers takes those snaps, other less talented WR take those snaps (Lovett). Ladd was primarily used on the outside, I think I saw something like 76% of his routes were outside routes. 

That all said, I would trade up for Brian Thomas Jr. because while McConkey has great speed and hands, I think Thomas has very good speed and hands but also has that extra height and weight. You are trading McConkey's YAC and excellent route running for Thomas Jr size/speed combo. Indianapolis would be a great trade up target. 

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

That all said, I would trade up for Brian Thomas Jr. because while McConkey has great speed and hands, I think Thomas has very good speed and hands but also has that extra height and weight. You are trading McConkey's YAC and excellent route running for Thomas Jr size/speed combo. Indianapolis would be a great trade up target. 

The online fancy stats people saddle Brian Thomas Jr. with several "red flags" -- something about how alarmingly low his "yards per route run" were. Apparently, this metric, YPRR, is a strong predictor of success in the NFL. And, physical beast though he is, Thomas's isn't good.

I think I heard Joe DiBiase on WGR talking about Thomas -- something about "does he evolve into a DK Metcalf comparable" -- who apparently also had similar concerns with his fancy stats while also having physical freak measurables -- "or does he flop like several other physical freak prospects whose advanced stats were not good coming out of college?"

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

The online fancy stats people saddle Brian Thomas Jr. with several "red flags" -- something about how alarmingly low his "yards per route run" were. Apparently, this metric, YPRR, is a strong predictor of success in the NFL. And, physical beast though he is, Thomas's isn't good.

I think I heard Joe DiBiase on WGR talking about Thomas -- something about "does he evolve into a DK Metcalf comparable" -- who apparently also had similar concerns with his fancy stats while also having physical freak measurables -- "or does he flop like several other physical freak prospects whose advanced stats were not good coming out of college?"

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-150-prospects-in-the-2024-nfl-draft-class

He sounds pretty good. #17 by this guy’s ranking. 

Thomas is a big, explosive wideout with incredible production, including an FBS-best 17 touchdown catches this past season. He lines up outside and in the slot. He easily defeats press coverage with his quickness. He is very sudden in his release and can find another gear once the ball is up in the air. He is very loose and fluid as a route runner. He has snap at the top of the route and doesn't waste steps. He has a very large catch radius because of his frame, leaping ability and ball skills. After the catch, he has some wiggle to make defenders miss and also boasts home run speed. Overall, Thomas is a big-play machine and has the upside to develop into a No. 1 receiver for his drafting team.

9 minutes ago, bg17 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-150-prospects-in-the-2024-nfl-draft-class

He sounds pretty good. #17 by this guy’s ranking. 

Thomas is a big, explosive wideout with incredible production, including an FBS-best 17 touchdown catches this past season. He lines up outside and in the slot. He easily defeats press coverage with his quickness. He is very sudden in his release and can find another gear once the ball is up in the air. He is very loose and fluid as a route runner. He has snap at the top of the route and doesn't waste steps. He has a very large catch radius because of his frame, leaping ability and ball skills. After the catch, he has some wiggle to make defenders miss and also boasts home run speed. Overall, Thomas is a big-play machine and has the upside to develop into a No. 1 receiver for his drafting team.

Zay Jones was a super productive college WR.  He’s developed into a very nice WR3.  🤯

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I mean, I love Ladd McConkey so I have no issue with this. There's about 3 guys in this window I am good with. McConkey is the safest probably. 

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Please make it stop. 

Your antipathy for Ladd ThaHonky to Buffalo only assures us that (1) the Chiefs will instead grab him at the end of Round 1 and (2) ThaHonky will post a 9-85-1 line against the Bills in next year's postseason.

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Hmm. So maybe available at 28?

10 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Your antipathy for Ladd ThaHonky to Buffalo only assures us that (1) the Chiefs will instead grab him at the end of Round 1 and (2) ThaHonky will post a 9-85-1 line against the Bills in next year's postseason.

Hmm. So maybe available at 28?

GTFOH with ThaHonky!  

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

• Haha (+1) 1

Small hands combined with a repeated history of drop issues are a cause for concern. Injuries. 30 catches 478 2 TD's. Slot. 

That's part of the Ourlads report on Ladd McConkey. 

I'm guessing more size, wide experience and better hands are part of the Bills WR desires. We'll see. 

41 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Small hands combined with a repeated history of drop issues are a cause for concern. Injuries. 30 catches 478 2 TD's. Slot. 

That's part of the Ourlads report on Ladd McConkey. 

I'm guessing more size, wide experience and better hands are part of the Bills WR desires. We'll see. 

I'm sorry, what?