Has a GM ever had a worse off season???

Crusader1969

I’ve lost faith in KA. I suppose you could throw Donny G into that as well although this is more about the GM. Not sure he feels any pressure to get better. Seems content to wait for inner growth which may or may not come. Lots could have been accomplished this past offseason by simply throwing out the mantra of not blocking the youth and bringing in one or two vets to help get the kids through their growing pains. I’m positive the playoffs never entered his mind until he was questioned about expectations. If he truly believed this team was ready he might have done more. Big fail in my estimation.

• Like (+1) 1

As to the thread title question, I think DR in 2011 when he signed Leino and Erhoff to big $ contracts.  Then KA when he signed Hall, Eakin, traded for Staal, and then didn't re-sign Ullmark to a long-term extension.  I think both of those off-seasons were worse than this past one.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Speaking of bad, Yikes! Nothing says thanks to long suffering season ticket holders than this luxury gift😳

What is it a phone charger ?

That blows my Mind they give you  a box with all that empty space with three items lol.

And you get a Kids puzzle .

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952suol044dw1im984wn7

Edited by Buffalonill

19 hours ago, bunomatic said:

I’ve lost faith in KA. I suppose you could throw Donny G into that as well although this is more about the GM. Not sure he feels any pressure to get better. Seems content to wait for inner growth which may or may not come. Lots could have been accomplished this past offseason by simply throwing out the mantra of not blocking the youth and bringing in one or two vets to help get the kids through their growing pains. I’m positive the playoffs never entered his mind until he was questioned about expectations. If he truly believed this team was ready he might have done more. Big fail in my estimation.

This week off is tough, we are running out of things to talk about...but with regard to what you said:

-I am half way there with you on KA.  I think he believes 'patience' is the right way to go. However, this D-group is just too young. They NEED a very very good veteran who can take top 4 minutes.  They also could/should have got a legit guy in here who is a great 4th liner or decent 3rd liner who specializes in the Penalty Kill....NOT because the PK is awful but rather so you can put that guy and Greenway on the PK and don't let Cozens, Thompson, or Tuch to see the PK every again (Thompson and Tuch because they are getting close to that 'made of glass' in terms of injuries and I don't want their offensive skills wasted out there, and Cozens because he is just dreadfully awful at anything in his own zone.)

-Granato, I'm not terribly upset with him either.  I think the biggest issue with his is his assistant coaches and the development staff.  He needs better people around him.  Now, I have been saying for the last 1-2 years that the Forwards on this team are awful in their own end, and that might be the single biggest problem on this entire team.  If, IF someone can prove to me that the style of play (and total lack of organization) the forwards display in their own end is a RESULT of a system he WANTS, then I'll be with all of you who want to get rid of him. 

Edited by mjd1001
  • Agree 2

On 2/2/2024 at 9:58 AM, Buffalonill said:

What is it a phone charger ?

That blows my Mind they give you  a box with all that empty space with three items lol.

And you get a Kids puzzle .

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952suol044dw1im984wn7

It’s a used flip phone 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.