2024 NHL DRAFT Talk

Spoonman

EP's top 20 for April https://eprinkside.com/2024/04/04/elite-prospects-pre-u18-top-96-prospects-2024-nhl-draft-ranking

1 Macklin Celebrini (C)

2 Ivan Demidov (RW/C)

3 Cayden Lindstrom (F)

4 Artyom Levshunov (D)

5 Zayne Parekh (D)

6 Tij Iginla (F)

7 Berkly Catton (F)

8 Sam Dickinson (D)

9 Anton Silayev (D)

10 Zeev Buium (D)

11 Cole Eiserman (LW)

12 Konsta Helenius (C/RW)

13 Liam Greentree (RW)

14 Trevor Connelly (LW)

15 Michael Brandsegg-Nygård (RW)

16 Andrew Basha (F)

17 Igor Chernyshov (LW)

18 Carter Yakemchuk (D)

19 Beckett Sennecke (RW)

20 Miguel Marques (F)

29 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Only 5'11". I'm tired of drafting the wee folk.

Although, at 181lbs he might be more muscle than napoleonbakelse.

1 minute ago, ... said:

Here's more: https://thewincolumn.ca/2024/04/09/konsta-helenius-2024-nhl-draft-profile/

22 hours ago, ... said:

Here's more: https://thewincolumn.ca/2024/04/09/konsta-helenius-2024-nhl-draft-profile/

".... lacks that dynamic skill that would make him a top pick." 

Fits the current "plan", like a glove 😃

Edited by clink

52 minutes ago, clink said:

".... lacks that dynamic skill that would make him a top pick." 

Fits the current "plan", like a glove 😃

Quinn, Benson, and Savoie all have a dynamic skill or skills but I understand what you mean. Just wanted to give some of the recent drafting some props.

I always enjoy following prospects and the draft but I could absolutely care less who they draft this year. We have danced this dance way too many times already.

Trade the damn pick for someone tangible. Give the fanbase some hope that you are remotely serious about getting serious. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I'm hoping they trade this pick for an actual NHL player.

I’m hoping they trade some prospects for NHL players and make this pick. That would better stagger the ages of the young players in the pipeline. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Archie Lee said:

Catton has “drop to the Sabres” written all over him. I’m ok with that. 

It would be really interesting to see if Adams took Catton as BPA even though we have several similar players and prospects. 

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

It would be really interesting to see if Adams took Catton as BPA even though we have several similar players and prospects. 

It would. Him sliding to 8 wouldn't even be much of a slide.

I'll follow the draft when it occurs like always, and read about who the Sabres picked, but this year, I have really zero else for it other than just waching it because that is what a fan of a team does.

I know unless they are picking first or 2nd overall, most guys don't make the team, or don't have a game changing impact for years....but in the past that never stopped me from following it, caring about the draft.  This year...is like I don' care for some reason. They could trade away their top 3 picks and I'd be like 'oh well'. I'm not quite sure why.

15 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

@LGR4GM what are your thoughts on Adam Jiricek? 

His injury really screws the projection. He's been out almost all year and when he did play, looked meh. That said he was a 17yr old in the top Czech league so why would he look great? I think if I'm Buffalo, I'd consider trading up either in round 2 or into round 1. I don't think he'll slide much into round 2 but maybe. His 16yr old year in Czech Jr was really solid and I really liked him. Like his brother he's offensively gifted while having a physical element. With a June bday and a full year of development lost, there could be a top 10 talent there. Still, it's risky. 

He's a 6'2" rhd who can skate with good offensive instincts. He's 100% worth our second round pick.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

His injury really screws the projection. He's been out almost all year and when he did play, looked meh. That said he was a 17yr old in the top Czech league so why would he look great? I think if I'm Buffalo, I'd consider trading up either in round 2 or into round 1. I don't think he'll slide much into round 2 but maybe. His 16yr old year in Czech Jr was really solid and I really liked him. Like his brother he's offensively gifted while having a physical element. With a June bday and a full year of development lost, there could be a top 10 talent there. Still, it's risky. 

He's a 6'2" rhd who can skate with good offensive instincts. He's 100% worth our second round pick.

Thanks.  I assumed he was going to slot somewhere from 15 to 24 or so.  You are probably right , his injury could drop him down to rd 2 

4 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Thanks.  I assumed he was going to slot somewhere from 15 to 24 or so.  You are probably right , his injury could drop him down to rd 2 

That would be the range I expect.