Ryan Johnson recalled by Sabres

Brawndo

9 hours ago, Thorny said:

Some people just can’t grasp the concept 

You act as if the Pegula era dysfunction is a difficult concept to grasp by some. It isn't. Everyone agrees that there was systemic failure right from the start of this new ownership. You are pointing out the stark reality of long-term failure that is already well known. Recurring bad staffing and decisions are evident for all to see. It's like saying water is wet and believing that observation is a new revelation. It isn't. We already all know it. 

22 hours ago, JohnC said:

You act as if the Pegula era dysfunction is a difficult concept to grasp by some. It isn't. Everyone agrees that there was systemic failure right from the start of this new ownership. You are pointing out the stark reality of long-term failure that is already well known. Recurring bad staffing and decisions are evident for all to see. It's like saying water is wet and believing that observation is a new revelation. It isn't. We already all know it. 

And yet you argue point after point how every move was the right one for the Sabres.

Are you Pegula’s Smithers.

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

And yet you argue point after point how every move was the right one for the Sabres.

Are you Pegula’s Smithers.

What are you talking about? Of course, I haven't criticized every move that the organization has made. But I also have made the same obvious criticisms that everyone else has made about this organization. 

On 12/30/2023 at 10:35 AM, JohnC said:

Is holding staff accountable for their results meddling? That's what owners are expected to do in all sorts of enterprises. Is tolerating a flaccid PP doing the same ineffective things over and over acceptable? If it's a player problem, then make a player change. If it's a scheme problem, then change the coaches devising it. 

What's become exasperating to the followers here is the numbing sameness to these merging seasons over this past generation. Teams rebuild. That's a process that happens in all sports. But there should be a greater degree of tangible progress that is evident to all in that tough process. 

What has bothered me most about this season is the lack of consistent effort. It will be evident against the better teams. And then it flattens out against the lesser teams. If a team demonstrates that it can play at a high level but can't sustain it, then there is an internal problem associated with the player mix and/or coaching staff. 

The one that I don't consider fair is criticizing the fans for expressing their frustrations with this team and franchise. If you want to be satisfied with the course of this franchise, that is your prerogative. I'm not.

Will the Sabres come out and win today. Probably so. That's not the problem. It's how they play the next game, and the next game etc. So far, they haven't demonstrated that they can play at a high level for a sustainable period of time. That's the source of my frustration with this meandering team. 

Sorry for not responding sooner. I was travelling the last few days.

Having the owner insert him or herself into team matters during the season is the textbook definition of meddling. I'm sure Terry might ask pointed question of Adams during the year. But the last thing any of us want is our owner bashing the team publicly. What is the point other than to scratch an itch among fans? It's not productive. It's damaging. SabresSpace is full or threads accusing the Pegula's of being meddling owners. We all agree Terry doesn't have the acumen to be involved in team matters. So why do we want that now?

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Why?  

Why not let him continue to help a team make the playoffs?  

Is it just for the home stand?  

He's still in Rochester, it's just an article on the playing time he's getting with the Amerks. As far as I know he hasn't been called up. 

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

He's still in Rochester, it's just an article on the playing time he's getting with the Amerks. As far as I know he hasn't been called up. 

OK, got faked out by the title.  

Let him play and be on the first pair, and experience leading a team and maybe even winning.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Why?  

Why not let him continue to help a team make the playoffs?  

Is it just for the home stand?  

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

17 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

OK, got faked out by the title.  

Let him play and be on the first pair, and experience leading a team and maybe even winning.  

Almost like digging up a 2 month old thread to post this was bad and someone should have just started a new thread. 

• Eyeroll 1