GDT Red Wings @ Sabres Tuesday Dec 5th 7:30 pm ET ESPN+ / HULU

Spoonman

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

Honestly, what’s Darcy up to now?

He was a good GM.

He knew that a rebuild was needed back then, traded guys Vanek to get it started. His welcome started to wear thin amongst a lot of Sabres fans, but I always liked the guy. He was starting the rebuild, even fired Ruff. I'm not entirely sure why he got fired. He turned nothing into something countless times. Maybe he needed to go, maybe he didn't. 

I know this, though. There is no way this team would be this bad for this long if Regier was still GM. Zero percent chance 

• Like (+1) 3

I have to say that I am certainly bummed with the Sabres:

• Ownership: (hires, and direction of team, lack of engagement to fix KBC)
  • Front Office: (decisions, lack there of > roster construction - they brought EVERYONE not named Vinnie Hinostroza back - who does that? You also have to ask why? Can they not get good FA's to come to BUF? Again Why?)
  • Coaching: (all coaches, sans G coach, are first time NHL coaches at their position)
  • Player's & play: (impacted by coaching, not having 5 guys with all time highs in stats, injuries, lack of complementary skills sets - i.e. no protection for young guns, which also leads to more injuries, players willing to take liberties on our guys)

I will never not be a Sabres/Bills fan. 

That said, as I posted earlier: Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, TageMVP said:

He was a good GM.

He knew that a rebuild was needed back then, traded guys Vanek to get it started. His welcome started to wear thin amongst a lot of Sabres fans, but I always liked the guy. He was starting the rebuild, even fired Ruff. I'm not entirely sure why he got fired. He turned nothing into something countless times. Maybe he needed to go, maybe he didn't. 

I know this, though. There is no way this team would be this bad for this long if Regier was still GM. Zero percent chance 

I always liked Darcy and would defend his record when people were calling for his head. I agree it was time to move on, but he built a competitive roster at a time when the team was owned by the NHL.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

I have to say that I am certainly bummed with the Sabres:

• Ownership: (hires, and direction of team, lack of engagement to fix KBC)
  • Front Office: (decisions, lack there of > roster construction - they brought EVERYONE not named Vinnie Hinostroza back - who does that? You also have to ask why? Can they not get good FA's to come to BUF? Again Why?)
  • Coaching: (all coaches, sans G coach, are first time NHL coaches at their position)
  • Player's & play: (impacted by coaching, not having 5 guys with all time highs in stats, injuries, lack of complementary skills sets - i.e. no protection for young guns, which also leads to more injuries, players willing to take liberties on our guys)

I will never not be a Sabres/Bills fan. 

That said, as I posted earlier: Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result.  

You are sending us PowerPoints during a game?  

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Pimlach said:

You are sending us PowerPoints during a game?  

Speaking for myself....watching this team has gotten me to the point to where I multi-task during games....because I'm not entertained.  I figure, why not be productive then and get some work done....which includes an occasional Powerpoint presentation.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Carmel Corn said:

Speaking for myself....watching this team has gotten me to the point to where I multi-task during games....because I'm not entertained.  I figure, why not be productive then and get some work done....which includes an occasional Powerpoint presentation.

Yeah, I watched the Concert for George (Harrison) on PBS for probably the sixth time when it got to 3-0.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.