The 6K discussion thread: Can he lead us to the playoffs? Keeping the crease warm for Levi?

Hank

On 2/16/2024 at 11:10 AM, mjd1001 said:

It sounds like someone is should 'switch to decaf' just by how upset you got by my original post.  You ended up with a longer response to my post saying my opinion that the length of my original post.

And by the way, I said giving someone a nickname who already has one is 'dumb', that is straight forward. but don't trip over yourself saying 'someone should switch to decaf' trying to be so clever. I find that more offensive to me and more worthy of a response back than me saying a nickname someone made up out of the blue (and is trying to PUSH) is 'dumb'.

Projection and convoluted deflection are amusing ways to try and dodge an issue,  but not very effective.

Why are you incapable of answering a sincere and straightforward question?

The way this franchise is run, and these players play, there are countless reasons to be angry - yet most posters here remain clear-headed enough to maintain a sense of civility in their discussions.

So what is it about the concept of people having harmless fun with a player's unusual name that makes you lose your composure and resort to schoolyard name-calling?

Has UKKo PeKKa LuKKonen somehow indicated to you that he objects to being called 6K?

Or is it just a you problem? 

• Eyeroll 1

18 minutes ago, davidkski said:

Projection and convoluted deflection are amusing ways to try and dodge an issue,  but not very effective.

Why are you incapable of answering a sincere and straightforward question?

The way this franchise is run, and these players play, there are countless reasons to be angry - yet most posters here remain clear-headed enough to maintain a sense of civility in their discussions.

So what is it about the concept of people having harmless fun with a player's unusual name that makes you lose your composure and resort to schoolyard name-calling?

Has UKKo PeKKa LuKKonen somehow indicated to you that he objects to being called 6K?

Or is it just a you problem? 

BINGO! and that is exactly what you are doing also by responding this way.  I said a nickname was dumb, and I explained clearly I felt that way because that player already has a nickame that is widely used.  It rubs you that wrong way that I said that?  You are and Hank are SO thin skinned that you continue this converstation? I moved on from in a week ago, the only reason I keep on posting things like this is because of people bringining it up again after I left it behind. 

Telling someone that while you are doing it yourself....CLASSIC example of what you are doing by continuing to bring it up.

And I said I don't like a nickanme for a player pushed by a poster (or a couple) when the player already has a widely used nickname.  First time I saw it on here, I legit didn't know who the heck was being talked about until I opened the thread and read a bit.   For you to call me out is a joke, I have had a lot more people respond to things I said and called them a LOT worse things  than what I said.  This is why this forum at times, and SOME posts can be a joke.  I am generally more civil to other posters than they are to me many, MANY times, and the one time I express that I legit think something is there that I don't like I get called out on it? That is a joke, as is the back and forth about this topic that for some reason I am choosing to engage in.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

18 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

BINGO! and that is exactly what you are doing also by responding this way.  I said a nickname was dumb, and I explained clearly I felt that way because that player already has a nickame that is widely used.  It rubs you that wrong way that I said that?  You are and Hank are SO thin skinned that you continue this converstation? I moved on from in a week ago, the only reason I keep on posting things like this is because of people bringining it up again after I left it behind. 

Telling someone that while you are doing it yourself....CLASSIC example of what you are doing by continuing to bring it up.

And I said I don't like a nickanme for a player pushed by a poster (or a couple) when the player already has a widely used nickname.  First time I saw it on here, I legit didn't know who the heck was being talked about until I opened the thread and read a bit.   For you to call me out is a joke, I have had a lot more people respond to things I said and called them a LOT worse things  than what I said.  This is why this forum at times, and SOME posts can be a joke.  I am generally more civil to other posters than they are to me many, MANY times, and the one time I express that I legit think something is there that I don't like I get called out on it? That is a joke, as is the back and forth about this topic that for some reason I am choosing to engage in.

24 minutes ago, Hank said:

BINGO!!!

Yep.

As lawyers, and Latin teachers, like to say: Res ipsa loquitor. (The thing speaks for itself.)

33 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

And done

Veal free to start a topic again. This one is dead. 

No, it's not dead. Not even close to dead. I have alot of 6K content I'll be posting in the near future. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

I really believe that he has arrrived to stay.  He will be the #1 until Levi is ready to be the number 1A then 6K will be the 1B.

6K is 25, I think.  That seems about right for a goalie to figure it out.  He has a good coach this season - that man shoud be extended.  If Levi comes into his own at 24 or 25 6K will be pushing 30, which is okay for a goalie.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Ogelthorpe said:

Bottom number is only one that matters. Still not good enough.

Please explain if it is on UPL. If he is number 1 in .GAA and sv% he is giving the team a chance to win each game. Do you expect him to score the goals needed to win the games too?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Please explain if it is on UPL. If he is number 1 in .GAA and sv% he is giving the team a chance to win each game. Do you expect him to score the goals needed to win the games too?

He probably thinks Josh Allen should catch his own passes, too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

UPL has played the same number of games now as he did last year, 33.

He has 4 more shutouts, allowed 38 fewer goals, faced 173 fewer shots, made 136 fewer saves, decreased his GAA by 1.13 Goals per game(3.61 vs. 2.48), increased his save percentage by 0.21%(.892 to .913) and won one fewer game(17-11-4 vs. 16-14-2).

Not sure how that is possible, but shows how much they are struggling to provide goal support for him like they did last year even tho they are doing a much better job defensively.

The Sabres have scored more than 3 goals only 8 times this year with UPL in net versus 18 times last year.

Edited by Big Guava
  • Like (+1) 2

Former top goalie prospect becomes top goalie at age when goalies typically find their footing. If this fanbase weren’t so starved this would have been welcomed in a much different way. Instead we’ve been conditioned that bringing these guys up will get them where they need quicker. I think this team has a lot of evidence to show that isn’t the case. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/30/2023 at 10:45 AM, Hank said:

I've been his biggest supporter.  I might be his only supporter. He was awarded player of the year in junior. He dealt with major injuries that required surgeries. He was supposed to develop in Rochester last year, but was forced onto the Sabres roster due to injuries to other goalies before he was ready. 

Since he was recalled last year the team is eight games over .500 in those he's started, and six games below .500 combined with all other goalies. 

He is still young for a goalie and has not been afforded a traditional development path, he is not close to being a fully developed goalie. I think he makes a Filip Gustavsson type jump. I see improvement over last year, he's had two quality starts and won both games. Like it or not, our season depends on him. I'm comfortable with it. 

I'll say it again, he'll play over thirty games and have a winning record. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I love Levi and I think that he is a part of the future in Buffalo.

UPL has taken the #1 job and KA must support him properly by bringing in an experienced backup next season. Levi could beat that guy out but that is the chance these backups take when they sign.

Levi starting in Rochester next year is OK and there will be opportunities to come up. Almost every team has used 3 goalies at some point.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.