Draft Starts Wednesday (7pm ESPN) - What's your predictions for the Sabres top 4 picks

GASabresIUFAN

Predict the draft  

39 members have voted

1. 1. 13th overall Pick

• Moore
    • Wood
    • Simashev
    • Willander
    • Benson
    • ASP
    • Reinbacher
    • Danielson
    • Honzak
    • Leonard
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you like for picks 39 and 45

• at 39 I expect a D like Bonk or Lindstein
    • at 39 I expect a forward like Edstrom, Molgaard, Stramel or Haltunnen
    • at 39 I hope for a goalie like Hrabel or Augustine
    • at 45 I expect a D Lindstein or Akey or Strbak etc..
    • at 45 I expect a forward like Ziemmer, Stramel, Perron or Lardis
    • at 45 I hope for a goalie Bjarnanson or Augustine
    • Other
  3. 3. At 86

• BA forward
    • BA Defense
    • BA Goalie
    • McCarthy

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Of the guys who may be available at 13, Danielson, Willander, Honzek, Simashev and Moore seem like the best organizational fit.  

Willander is the one player, if available, that I think is a perfect fit for the Sabres.

Simashev and Moore seem to be increasingly likely at 13 when you match the descriptions, the mocks and the Sabres needs and values.

Increasingly looking like Benson might slip.

Not a need, but he seems like a Sabre and he's top 5 talent in some years. 

It would be hard to pass on him if he's there.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/27/2023 at 12:47 PM, Berg said:

I don't want to draft anyone. I want a top goalie!

I was just listening to pre-draft coverage on WGR, and whoever it was who was talking (didn't get his name in my 15 minutes in the car) thinks that Adams sees 13OA, even by itself, as too heavy a price for Hellebyuck.  I think that's crazy.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

If only buffalo would be heartless nope buddy-buddy

Not heartless enough?

They tanked. Then they cut Ruff and Regier. They kicked every goalie including their face-of-franchise goalie to the curb. Then they shipped out their best skater because he was despondent in a season-ending interview. Then they whacked their entire minor-league coaching staff and half their scouts simply for cost savings. Then they shipped out their captain and face of the franchise who was getting better year over year and was a point-per-game guy. Then they shipped out the other guy they tanked for. They whacked 3 GMs and 4 or 5 head coaches in 10 years.  They haven't re-signed a single goalie, even the good ones (ones? no, just one). They got rid of everyone who was blocking anyone under the age of 21.

The only person they've been buddy-buddy with is their captain who all the players respect and whose play is perfectly suitable for a 4W and his cap hit is a fraction of what it was last year.

And Bjork. I think they liked the name. And you don't want to move someone you just acquired in a trade because it doesn't look good for future UFA signees. They were a bit too buddy-buddy with Bjork.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.