Vegas will broadcast their games for free over air in a deal with Scripp Sports.

Brawndo

55 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

A deal like this would do a lot for the Sabres penetration into southern Ontario. Would it make the team more money? That's the question.

I can't answer the money issue for sure. But it certainly would expand the viewer market into southern Ontario, increasing the advertising money and also expanding the ticket buying market. Becoming a more regional team because of the increased exposure would in the long run financially benefit the organization. 

59 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

A deal like this would do a lot for the Sabres penetration into southern Ontario. Would it make the team more money? That's the question.

The local Fox Station has commercials geared towards a Southern Ontario Audience, I imagine those on a hockey broadcast would be worth something. 

42 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The local Fox Station has commercials geared towards a Southern Ontario Audience, I imagine those on a hockey broadcast would be worth something. 

I truly think that the Buffalo market for pro sports is under valued from a classical perspective.

That SO market gets overlooked IMO.

Add more wins and more nods to the good times (like the goat head) and people will be throwing money at the team.

Look at the value of all of our Bills gear now. I see people that I know throwing money at them.

There’s a mafia for both teams and they are insane.

TPegs would be a fool to not follow along IMO.

And what type of destructive device would that put Spectrum’s grundle in?

I would guess 2/3 of WNY subscribers do so only for Sabres’ games.

I am planning on dropping them like a red hot ember regardless.

The MSG deal with the Sabres’ gives them the exclusive rights to broadcast games so that would preclude the team from doing anything similar to what Vegas did with Scripp Sports.

Edit: the current MSG deal was for 11 years and it expires after the 2027/2028 season. 

Edited by K-9
  • Vomit 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

And what type of destructive device would that put Spectrum’s grundle in?

I would guess 2/3 of WNY subscribers do so only for Sabres’ games.

I am planning on dropping them like a red hot ember regardless.

This is me. The sole reason for being a cable subscriber is for MSG/Sabres broadcasts. 

6 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

This is me. The sole reason for being a cable subscriber is for MSG/Sabres broadcasts. 

And the reason we have DTv is back when Empire still existed, Time Warner bumped it up to a pay tier (replaced it with the Hallmark Channel on their regular package).  Rather than pay $5/month extra for the tier that included Empire switched to DTv and started getting Sunday Ticket.  That decision cost TW a truck ton of money through the years.

Just now, Taro T said:

And the reason we have DTv is back when Empire still existed, Time Warner bumped it up to a pay tier (replaced it with the Hallmark Channel on their regular package).  Rather than pay $5/month extra for the tier that included Empire switched to DTv and started getting Sunday Ticket.  That decision cost TW a truck ton of money through the years.

I remember that too. What a silly decision. I’m not sure how I convinced my parents that Empire was vital to my teenage life, but somehow I won that trade. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.