Levi to start vs. NYR on Friday

PASabreFan

Let him get the bulk of starts the rest of the way. Let’s see how he does. He is a different cat so let’s see how he does and adjusts to close the year.

He is definitely going to be the guy but when that is is not known. He probably spends sometime in Rochester but I would be shocked if he is not up and getting quality starts by the end of next season.

56 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Let him get the bulk of starts the rest of the way. Let’s see how he does. He is a different cat so let’s see how he does and adjusts to close the year.

He is definitely going to be the guy but when that is is not known. He probably spends sometime in Rochester but I would be shocked if he is not up and getting quality starts by the end of next season.

Gotta believe he gets the call on Tuesday vs the team that traded him. Truly a must win game and something tells me this kid thrives on those opportunities.

6 minutes ago, ... said:

Not a fan of the Miller comparisons. Levi is a totally different personality - at least right now. I seem to recall Miller from the get-go was moody and weird. Levi seems to be neither.

Miller wasn't nearly this good at 21.  He blossomed at 26 after a few years in Roch w occasional call ups. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I saw Barrasso straight out of HS at 18. I had just finished college. Puppa a couple years later had a shutout in his first game straight to the NHL.  It happens. 

I get it's rare and the standard cliches of restraint are easy to repeat. Spare me the Ullmark parallel of waiting until 25 to get playing time. 

Levi has played a lot of hockey the last couple of years and is far ahead of the curve.  Not projecting 60 starts on the kid next year but he can share the duties with someone.  His reactions and positioning are top shelf. Plus it may spark the team long term to work harder in their own end. The team started to gas near the end of the 2nd period and were in panic mode for much of the 3rd.  (19 shots).  He looked poised during the turmoil. 

JMO...He sticks. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.