KA is this still part of the plan??

sweetlou

Medium to long term (beyond the current season), I'm OK with the goaltender situation.  Anderson should be gone next year.  Comrie I don't want to  give up on yet (he had a moderate injury and hasn't been given a big time chance yet) and UPL is playing as well as most young goalies do (Is he that much different than what Ulmark was at his age? I don't think so). UPL will have ups and downs but you hope as he gets older/more experience those 'ups' will occur more than the 'downs'. Again with Comrie, I'm not 100% sure he is back 100% from his injury.

The D-unit will get better, primarily as Power gets better. Is he playing good for a 19 year old? Yep, he is playing GREAT for a 19 year old, but we have to remember he still IS a 19 year old D-man. His fancy stat numbers are good, but he does make a lot of mistakes out there that cause goals allowed. Is he bad that way or worse than half of the NHL-Dmen out there? No, but he has room to get a lot better and I think he will over the next couple of years.

Orginizational Dept on the D-unit is a big issue. They really could stand to find 1-2 guys in their mid-20s that are talented/capable enough to be at least 2nd pair D-men, I dont' think they even have 3rd pair potential young guys in Roch or juniors, let alone 2nd pair. D-man Depth to me is the #1 priority.

Physical forward is something that was brought up by many?  Eh...maybe. I mean if the forward is good overall I'm not against it, but I don't think you need a physical forward If the guys you do have are skilled enough.  I guess give me a winger than can hit on the board and I'm good, but I'd be just as good with a guy who doesn't hit but has such good hands he can go into the corer and get the puck out by gaining control of it and moving it. I don't need my forwards to hit IF they win puck battles other ways. 

And as far as getting a big physical guy to stand in front of the net, like a Dave Andreychuk, Rick Vaive or Tim Kerr, who were just so big and they planted themself in front of the goalie and let the D-man cross check them over and over waiting for loose pucks? I don't think you need that either. Jeff Skinner doesn't do that, and couldn't do that, but he scores so many 'garbage goals' around the net from the same place those guys did. The difference is Skinner hangs around the net, skates around the net, takes runs at the net while he is moving instead of just planting himself there. Different body type, different 'style' but a guy like him can get the job done. So sure, get that huge physical guy if you can, but I don't NEED it if I can get the garbage goals a different way (like how Skinner does it).

If they do NOTHING other than finding another good/very good D-man to play on this team right away AND restock the organizational depth with good quality NHL prospect D-mean I'll be happy.

Edited by mjd1001

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Was the irony of choosing a meme of someone who just recently died intentional? 

This was a response to @PASabreFan.  

There is no irony intended at all.  Makes me wonder if you know what irony means.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Haha (+1) 1

• sweetlou changed the title to KA is this still part of the plan??
6 hours ago, Pimlach said:

This was a response to @PASabreFan.  

There is no irony intended at all.  Makes me wonder if you know what irony means.  

Rain on your wedding day? 

9 hours ago, Drag0nDan said:

Blew what? Didn't he offer him a contract?

Undervalued him by not offering him what he was worth on the open market. Why ask? You already know. 

• Eyeroll 1

On 2/28/2023 at 9:50 PM, sweetlou said:

KA needs to recognize where the Sabres are this year and still make a push to get to the playoffs.  I get not wanting to mortgage the future for rentals, and I definitely don't want to see an overpayment by him to acquire some of the necessary pieces this teams needs and has needed all year.  

1) A big physical forward who can be a presence on the ice, (Greenway, Crouse)

2) A RD for Power or another stay at home LD for 3rd pair (Jensen, Shattenkirk, Nemeth, Seeler, Edmundson, Savard)

3) Starting goaltender (Demko, Vejmelka, Korpisalo)

KA needs that they need to reward the players this year and show that he is willing to make a move that will help them.   I get that they have a plan, but reward the team and the city!!

They aren't getting a goalie at the deadline.

Well, i know deadline is not up yet, but i would be surprised if we get better for the push. I think KA is going to steadfast to sticking to his plan. Problem with his plan if that our kids are not going to fix our biggest problems. He is eventually going to have to pull someone in to fix them. He needs to stop shopping at Pic N Save (Is that place still around??) And trade for higher quality. Especially in the defensive dman department! I do not mind not getting Timo of the dman from ARZ, but a lot of very useful players have been traded already at decent prices. KA cannot let his plan stop him from making the team better now. We have more capital then we can actually use. Use them and make this damn team better to get in the playoffs!!!! 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.