What are things about the current team you were WRONG about?

mjd1001

I start every season convinced we'll be hoisting the cup every summer. I am always so, so, so very wrong.

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Casey Mittelstadt and Victor Olofsson, although VO less so. I thought Mitts was done but the move to wing has helped. VO still is basically one dimensional but I expected his production to be what it always is and he's trending to be better. 

VO is due for a two goals tonight, one being an empty netter.

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I thought Comrie would be a good #1 goalie.  That hasn't been the case thus far.

On home ice, out of 54 goalies who have played >400min, he ranks 52nd in save percentage. 

On the road, out of 72 goalies who have played >300min, he ranks 47th in save percentage. 

A number 1 he is not. 

Granato… Saw him as a developmental coach without the chops to drive a winning game strategy against a top tier physical team… and to get his players to listen and execute… even after a humiliating loss…

Last night he proved me wrong… He was pissed and let his players and the media know it… He sent out a team prepared to play physical against a top physical team… He got his message across to the players who listened and executed throughout the game, checking and taking the body, matching TB hit for hit, gritty and unintimidated… 42 hits… a total  it usually takes this team three games or more to achieve… 

Follow-through in Florida with a similar effort will be his loud and clear message, my bet

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.