GDT Sabres at Kings, Feb. 13, 2023, 10:30 pm, MSG, WGR

Eleven

8 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

3 losses in a row 

We were still playing at a 98 point pace in our last 10 headed in. Which while not enough to gain ground was enough to keep really close. A loss today drops us to a .500 point pace over the last 10, trending down towards the end of it. 

It’s not that bad, it just illustrates how hard it is to come from behind to make the playoffs. Have to keep at a good pace AND add a few good streaks. It’s tough especially with setbacks.

Luckily Washington loses a lot. Gotta string something together. But it’s only getting more difficult by the day. 

Not the time you want to be shuffling lines, ideally 

Edited by Thorny

Just now, HumanSlinky39 said:

Next two games are against Anaheim and San Jose. If they don’t win both of those, season’s over. Right now, I’m not confident they win either. 

Over Reaction podcast doesn’t start until after the game. Keep your powder dry…. Mcr Teenagers GIF by My Chemical Romance

Just now, Thorny said:

We were still playing at a 98 point pace in our last 10 headed in. Which while not enough to gain ground was enough to keep really close. A loss today drops us to a .500 point pace over the last 10, trending down towards the end of it. 

It’s not that bad, it just illustrates how hard it is to come from behind to make the playoffs. Have to keep at a good place AND add a few good streaks. It’s tough especially with setbacks.

Luckily Washington loses a lot. Gotta string something together 

Don’t see them making the playoffs. This team isn’t good enough defensively.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

It’s not that bad, it just illustrates how hard it is to come from behind to make the playoffs. Have to keep at a good place AND add a few good streaks. It’s tough especially with setbacks.

Luckily Washington loses a lot. Gotta string something together 

I don’t share your optimism. I think there is a better chance we pick in the top ten again sadly. 

One of the issues of a three-goalie rotation is that they won't see the ice for awhile. Throw in a 10-day bye and...   Anderson hasn't played since 1/23 and looks it. Comrie hasn't played since 1/26. And the team in front of them is very haphazard. A strong defensive 1st, then the shorthanded goal against and they fell apart.

This is where having someone be the goon could be valuable and spark them, if not for tonight then for the rest of the trip. They need someone to step up with either an immediate goal or a big hit or an outright fight. Something.

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I don’t share your optimism. I think there is a better chance we pick in the top ten again sadly. 

Not sure my post is all that optimistic just laying out the table. As I added as an addendum it’s not a great time to be shuffling lines. 

People do coaster a lot, though. There’s still 30 games left. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.