Practice Notes 2/12-The Lines they are a changing

Brawndo

14 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I was wondering that myself.  This is one of those time where I wish we still had Hinostroza up here.

As a point of fact: currently, Buffalo has 2 of the top 40 points percentage jumps in North American professional hockey history; the 1972-3 jump is still in the top 10.  From 1971-2 to 1972-3, their GF went up a bit, but they cut GA by about 1 per game.  For most teams in the top 50 now, the biggest gains were young teams cutting GA by at least 20% the year after their GF soared.  So Granato's apparent plan of growing offence this year and probably defence next year is normal.  The best gains would be a couple of stylistic changes in the middle 6 forwards and a veteran defencive top-4 D.

Good stuff. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

17 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Jack Quinn will be fine. 

A bunch of you will owe him an apology. 

Ice Hockey GIF

The problem isn't Quinn. It's Peterka. He is struggling and not much of a factor. I'm confident that both players will eventually become second-line caliber of players. But right now one of the young duos is befuddled and not contributing much.

On 2/12/2023 at 12:40 PM, Brawndo said:

So which line is the shutdown line now?  Do we have one?  Do we have 4 "Lines 2/3"?  I wonder if this is really what Granato has wanted all along:  4 balanced lines.

I also think he will shorten the bench and put the old lines back together depending on the score.  But we'll see.

If he was going to switch up lines, though, he should have done it coming out of the break I think.

51 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

So which line is the shutdown line now?  Do we have one?  Do we have 4 "Lines 2/3"?  I wonder if this is really what Granato has wanted all along:  4 balanced lines.

I also think he will shorten the bench and put the old lines back together depending on the score.  But we'll see.

If he was going to switch up lines, though, he should have done it coming out of the break I think.

Did we ever really have a shutdown line? I think we tried with Girgs, Krebs and Grandpa, but they are fracking slow with the exception of Krebs. (who is slowly becoming one of my fave Sabres) 

I agree with splitting them up. Especially the Kid line!!! They had an incredible 2 weeks and then slowly fell into obscurity. They are kids and need to simmer a bit but that line went to crap quickly. 

Lets see what happens tonight.... crossing fingers

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.