Any Triumph (the band) fans?

SDS

If not, move along.

A new Triumph documentary is showing tonight on AXS TV. I’m in some of the crowd scenes at the end of all you really wouldn’t be able to pick me out unless you know where to look.

i’ve seen it multiple times. It’s really a great piece of history of music during that time period.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SDS said:

If not, move along.

A new Triumph documentary is showing tonight on AXS TV. I’m in some of the crowd scenes at the end of all you really wouldn’t be able to pick me out unless you know where to look.

i’ve seen it multiple times. It’s really a great piece of history of music during that time period.

Awesome.  Got it set to record.

Probably the band that is highest on my list of ones I never saw live but would love to do so.

32 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Awesome.  Got it set to record.

Probably the band that is highest on my list of ones I never saw live but would love to do so.

Incredible live performances that the recordings don’t do justice. By all means watch the documentary and you’ll find out just how dominant they actually were in their heyday.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SDS said:

Incredible live performances that the recordings don’t do justice. By all means watch the documentary and you’ll find out just how dominant they actually were in their heyday.

Have the US Festival CD & Stages so have seen some of their live stuff & heard a fair amount but am really looking forward to the documentary.

Rick Emmitt is a highly undetrated guitarist.

Have everything from Just a Game through The Sport of Kings. One of these days will pick up Rock & Roll Machine.  A buddy had that one back in the day & listened to it a lot.  Will likely get A Night of Triumph too if ever get around to picking up R&RM.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Love the band.

If this is the same documentary from a few years back that ended with them playing a surprise performance before some of their biggest fans, that was well worth watching.

It looks like the documentary being shown was released in 2021.

53 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Love the band.

If this is the same documentary from a few years back that ended with them playing a surprise performance before some of their biggest fans, that was well worth watching.

Yes. I was there in November 2019. Fan #54.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Have the US Festival CD & Stages so have seen some of their live stuff & heard a fair amount but am really looking forward to the documentary.

Rick Emmitt is a highly undetrated guitarist.

Have everything from Just a Game through The Sport of Kings. One of these days will pick up Rock & Roll Machine.  A buddy had that one back in the day & listened to it a lot.  Will likely get A Night of Triumph too if ever get around to picking up R&RM.

This does not surprise me 

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I kinda feel like they were the first hair band.

By, like, a decade.

… only really good.

I never really saw them as a hairband even though they adopted the look at the very end of their career. To me Mötley Crüe/Twisted Sister launched that gaggle of groups who pretty much killed rock as we knew it back then.

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, SDS said:

I never really saw them as a hairband even though they adopted the look at the very end of their career. To me Mötley Crüe/Twisted Sister launched that gaggle of groups who pretty much killed rock as we knew it back then.

I meant that as a compliment. They cared so much about the spectacle and used it as a part of their experience, yet their music was solid, and original in its own right.

Those later bands were just copies. The spectacle mattered, but the music was just rehash schlock.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, HoosierDaddy said:

Triumph is a band that the further you get from the Canadian border, the less you hear them. I've never heard them once on classic rock radio here in Cincinnati, but they are probably still in regular rotation on 97 rock. 

They're kind of like the Canadian version of Rush.

(Yes, we all know Rush is & were Canadian.)

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.