Any Triumph (the band) fans?

SDS

46 minutes ago, SwampD said:

That US festival must have been a pretty crazy event. That sized concerts are pretty commonplace now, but they weren’t back then.

That’s a weird sentence,… I think it’s correct. 

I know there was the Woodstock debacle in the 90s, but I don’t know of any other 300,000 person concerts being held. Large festivals yes, but not of that size. Do you have any examples of a festival being that large?

1 hour ago, SDS said:

I know there was the Woodstock debacle in the 90s, but I don’t know of any other 300,000 person concerts being held. Large festivals yes, but not of that size. Do you have any examples of a festival being that large?

I can’t think of any back then. In fact, I was surprised by that part of the documentary when they mentioned the size of it.

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

I can’t think of any back then. In fact, I was surprised by that part of the documentary when they mentioned the size of it.

If you haven’t seen it on Netflix Trainwreck: Woodstock ’99’ was great. 

On 1/27/2023 at 2:54 PM, HoosierDaddy said:

The United States has a severe lack of dudes named Gord.

But not ever here. Speaking of great music, Gord Downie: we miss you. 

- - - 

As for the OP, I’m more of an -the insult Comic Dog fan. 

I’ll show myself out of the thread 

• Like (+1) 1

Excellent documentary.  Finally had a chance to watch it.

Got goosebumps when they were sharing fan letters about how some of their music kept the, going when all was lost.  Was never that low, but recall putting on Magic Power back in the day on many an occasion to get out of a funk.

The Never Surrender album is so good to work out to.  Have a reordered version of it for that.

Would listen to the Just a Game album on the way to youth hockey playoff games.  Good combo of energy & settling down songs.

@SDS that fan event looked incredible. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.