Charity Hockey Game Leads To Charges Filed

bob_sauve28

^

Re-reading the article, it's clear that the arrest was based on the victim being struck with a hockey stick. Which makes it weird. The DA probably won't charge the case.

As you say above, the police report also talks about how the person being charged "continued to harass" the injured man and tried to fight him on the way to the locker room.

I mean, what on earth. "Sad tough guys," as you put it. The saddest, in this case.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Getpucksdeep said:

Never Ever League is at Bill Grays (MCC).  This is Zamboni in Fairport which I think is similar theme but more simple.  The beginner Zamboni group is extremely welcoming and a good mix of brand new players and a few with experience but not necessarily interested in glory / just out for the laughs and exercise.  I hear ya re demoralizing. The guy that runs Zamboni (Luke) is fantastic in terms of setting the tone and keeping it cool.

Day-um.  

Luke still runs that?  Thought he retired after Paul sold the rink a few years back.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Getpucksdeep said:

Zamboni at Thomas Creek aka Rochester Ice Center.  It's more like pick-up than a league. No refs, no scoresheet. "Coach" takes us through drills for 15-20 minutes first, then game on.  Coach blows whistles for icing and off-sides, drops puck for face-offs, calls the occasional penalty (penalty shot). Other than that it's mostly fun and laughs and the progression as an adult learner is so addictive if you are that type.  

I’ve been trying to find a league that would be a good fit for me. I haven’t played in 20 years, so I can’t just join a league with guys that have been actively playing, but I’m also overqualified for the “never ever” league. 

I will have to look into this, it might be what I’ve been looking for. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/17/2023 at 11:51 PM, Andrew Amerk said:

I’ve been trying to find a league that would be a good fit for me. I haven’t played in 20 years, so I can’t just join a league with guys that have been actively playing, but I’m also overqualified for the “never ever” league. 

I will have to look into this, it might be what I’ve been looking for. 

Don't feel overqualified. Those lower leagues are often filled with overqualified players looking to be "Connor McDavid." I tried to come back after my knee replacements and I joined what was supposed to be a novice league and found myself boat raced at every game.

31 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Sounds like it was a hockey or maybe careless play, and at least one person involved is a DB.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.