2022 College Football

Taro T

30 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Guess we're playing Ohio State. That's fine, gotta win the games you play. LSU first though. 

Turns out USC was a one man team.  I still don’t think OSU deserves a slot, but they are the likely default choice.  Seriously what are OSU’s big wins?  A PSU that hasn’t beaten a current 25 team and a mediocre ND.  How the crap Big 10 with only 3 top 25 teams would end up with 2 in the playoff is BS.  Both Michigan and OSU should be docked for playing such a weak schedule.  GA by contrast has wins over4 current top 25 teams in Oregon, TN, SC and Miss St.  LSU will make 5.  

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Turns out USC was a one man team.  I still don’t think OSU deserves a slot, but they are the likely default choice.  Seriously what are OSU’s big wins?  A PSU that hasn’t beaten a current 25 team and a mediocre ND.  How the crap Big 10 with only 3 top 25 teams would end up with 2 in the playoff is BS.  Both Michigan and OSU should be docked for playing such a weak schedule.  GA by contrast has wins over4 current top 25 teams in Oregon, TN, SC and Miss St.  LSU will make 5.  

The Big 10 is a joke almost every year.  

OSU

Michigan & Penn State

everyone else

The NIL’s are only going to make it worse across D1 football, as the powerhouses and their alumni will line the pockets of these kids.  

Most years it will be the same. Alabama, Ohio State, another team from the SEC, and then some other team that will make it to the playoffs only to get destroyed.  Rinse & repeat. 

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

The Big 10 is a joke almost every year.  

OSU

Michigan & Penn State

everyone else

The NIL’s are only going to make it worse across D1 football, as the powerhouses and their alumni will line the pockets of these kids.  

Most years it will be the same. Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, another team from the SEC, and then some other team that will make it to the playoffs only to get destroyed.  Rinse & repeat. 

Fixed!

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

1 Georgia 

2 Michigan 

3 TCU

4 Ohio Stank

Personally this would be the most interesting to me.  Should TCU be in there?  I don't know, but honestly I'd rather see them there (or someone new like Tennessee although with an inured QB that would be an issue) rather than Alabam or Clemson or even Notre Dame.  The same old stuff doesn't do it for me, this will be fine. One or two more years in a row of Georgia and then they might be wearing on me, but i'm not there yet with them.  

The expanded playoffs can't come soon enough.  I'll be OK with arguing about who the 13th team left out will be rather than about the 5th or 6th like we do now.

48 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

They have 5 top 25 wins.  OSU 2, Bama 3 but the best team they beat was 20 Texas who TCU also beat.  Bama also has 2 Top 25 losses while TCU has one (OSU has 1 also, the beat down by Mich).

My question was rhetorical in a way...in that I understand people don't think they should.

Personally, I think they should be there simply because they have 1 loss and the others in question have 2 losses.   I understand some people like the thing in college sports about ranking, selection comittees, ranking teams based on 'when' the losses took place, etc.  That isn't for me.  If you come from a big conference and have one loss, to me you get in over a 2 loss team.  If there are 'ties' in records, then you can go to all that other stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ohio State fans are confident and a little obnoxious about how they can beat Georgia. A little surprised. Not that they think they can win, of course they can, but just the making it sound easy and talking crap part. 

Meanwhile Georgia fans seem genuinely concerned about Ohio States wr core.

14 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Ohio State fans are confident and a little obnoxious about how they can beat Georgia. A little surprised. Not that they think they can win, of course they can, but just the making it sound easy and talking crap part. 

Meanwhile Georgia fans seem genuinely concerned about Ohio States wr core.

The OSU fans said the same thing about the last two Michigan games.  How did that work out?  This year’s beatdown was at Columbus.  

This reminds me of all the trash Tenn fans were throwing around before their game against GA.  

The problem for the OSU fans is that they have never seen a defense this fast and physical.  They play in the Big 10 and no one has interior defensive lineman who can stuff the run and who have the speed to chase down a QB (see Jalen Carter).  The key to this game is the ability of GA’s pass rush to get home.  UGA gets pressure on Stroud like they did on Hooker, GA will dominate, if they don’t the game could be a track meet between to QB’s picking on the secondaries.  This type of game also favors GA because OSU's secondary is awful.  

The second key to the game is the turnover battle.  OSU will capitalize on short fields.  

GA fans are worried about the secondary because it’s been the one area on defense where there have had lapses.  Mostly in games where the entire team took the night off (Mizz, and Kent St) and the 2nd half of the SEC championship where the game was over at half and the coaches substituted liberally and played prevent nearly the entire 2nd half.  

That said GA still dominated Kent St on the scoreboard and basically shutdown Mizz in the second half of that game allowing the Dawgs to win.  The best part of the 2nd half against LSU is it gave the GA coaching staff something to work on for the last month.  

GA fans also worry because they have plenty of scar tissue in the Big Game.  Losses to Alabama in the Natty and SEC championship will do that to you and they tend to be a little pessimistic with 40 years between National Championships.  As a group they haven’t yet moved to the Alabama style “expect to win” mentality.  

Stats wise the last two GA teams are very similar. The Defense isn’t quite as good.  The D gives up more yards per game (292 vs 268) and more slightly TDs (1.2 vs .9).  Yes GA gave up less then a TD per game last season. The offense is even more explosive.  The offense this year averages significantly more yards (492 vs 443) with about the same TD rate(4.7 vs 4.8), but a few more field goals. GA has about the same number of turnovers as last year, but the Ints have dropped from 12 to 6.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The OSU fans said the same thing about the last two Michigan games.  How did that work out?  This year’s beatdown was at Columbus.  

This reminds me of all the trash Tenn fans were throwing around before their game against GA.  

The problem for the OSU fans is that they have never seen a defense this fast and physical.  They play in the Big 10 and no one has interior defensive lineman who can stuff the run and who have the speed to chase down a QB (see Jalen Carter).  The key to this game is the ability of GA’s pass rush to get home.  UGA gets pressure on Stroud like they did on Hooker, GA will dominate, if they don’t the game could be a track meet between to QB’s picking on the secondaries.  This type of game also favors GA because OSU is awful.  

The second key to the game is the turnover battle.  OSU will capitalize on short fields.  

GA fans are worried about the secondary because it’s been the one area on defense where there have had lapses.  Mostly in games where the entire team took the night off (Mizz, and Kent St) and the 2nd half of the SEC championship where the game was over at half and the coaches substituted liberally and played prevent nearly the entire 2nd half.  

That said GA still dominated Kent St on the scoreboard and basically shutdown Mizz in the second half of that game allowing the Dawgs to win.  The best part of the 2nd half against LSU is it gave the GA coaching staff something to work on for the last month.  

GA fans also worry because they have plenty of scar tissue in the Big Game.  Losses to Alabama in the Natty and SEC championship will do that to you and they tend to be a little pessimistic with 40 years between National Championships.  As a group they haven’t yet moved to the Alabama style “expect to win” mentality.  

Stats wise the last two GA teams are very similar. The Defense isn’t quite as good.  The D gives up more yards per game (292 vs 268) and more slightly TDs (1.2 vs .9).  Yes GA gave up less then a TD per game last season. The offense is even more explosive.  The offense this year averages significantly more yards (492 vs 443) with about the same TD rate(4.7 vs 4.8), but a few more field goals. GA has about the same number of turnovers as last year, but the Ints have dropped from 12 to 6.  

2nd and 26 still haunts my dreams... although this helps,

Happy College Football GIF

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Kinda, is Michigan actually kinda bad? Is the big 10 a lie? Guess we'll find out. 

I’m at dinner before the game and am getting nervous.  That said I don’t see how OSU stops our TEs, especially with AD Mitchell back giving Stet an outside target.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’m at dinner before the game and am getting nervous.  That said I don’t see how OSU stops our TEs, especially with AD Mitchell back giving Stet an outside target.

Wait, Mitchell is healthy? Oh man if we can get pressure that's gonna be the key. 

Idk how you cover Washington and Bowers. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.