Let's Go Canes!!!!

bob_sauve28

i'll take on any team. a sabres victory on tuesday and they're officially the most feared team in hockey.

corp -- I'm with you as far as not fearing anyone, but I don't think we are more feared around the league right now than NJ or Ottawa.

If Carolina wins, we get Ottawa; if Montreal wins, we get NJ. Either one of those will be an extremely tough opponent, but if Miller keeps his edge we will win.

Go Sabres.

We can hang with Ottawa...it will come down to how our special teams plays vs. the Sens.

NJ would be a tougher assignment at this point, but also, they've won their last 16 in a row. They're not going to win 20. Sooner or later, they'll start getting a few bounces against them. Plus, the Rangers were a mess. They had been playing poorly for the last 10 games...I was watching a lot of their postgame coverage on MSG, and they looked just like the Sabres during their "post-post Olympic" slide when we went about 1-9-1 or something. Remember how our forwards stopped backchecking and our D would never seem to play anything correctly? We just looked like a mess in our own zone? That was exactly what the Rangers were doing during the last 10 games of the season, and during their series w/ Jersey.

Also, not having Lundqvist was huge for that organization...while Jagr had a special year, it was really Lundquist that enable NY to play as well as they did. With him out of the lineup, and Jagr gone as well, the Rangers had no chance.

ottawa to me wasn't tested in the playoffs with tampa. If we win on tuesday, i'm not scared of anyone...

I know, the Devils were REALLY tested, right? If I have my choice? Sabs in 6, then Jersey and NOT Ottawa.

I know, the Devils were REALLY tested, right? If I have my choice? Sabs in 6, then Jersey and NOT Ottawa.

Just FYI, for anyone keeping score, while the Rangers have made the playoffs for the 1st time since '97 (ending their 7 season streak of missing the playoffs). :(

They now have a 9 year streak of not winning a game in the playoffs. :) (Sorry, I just don't like big market teams.) :lol:

I'd rather play Jersey. The only thing that may slow down the devils is a nice long rest....winning 4-0 could be both a blessing and a curse....sometimes you want to keep playing to maintain the momentum.

I think Ottawa is now hitting their stride again....as long as Emery doesn't give away games....they would be tough to beat IMHO.

BRING ON THE SENATORS...

6-2 IN OTTAWA RING A BELL??

Ya, they were missing some key players. Chara might be the best defensman in the galaxy, if not the Universe. And by universe I don't mean heaven, I'm sure Jesus with all his power and all would be better, but you get my point

Ya, they were missing some key players. Chara might be the best defensman in the galaxy, if not the Universe. And by universe I don't mean heaven, I'm sure Jesus with all his power and all would be better, but you get my point

I believe they were missing their top 4 D. But, that's not an excuse for their lack of offense against us.

I don't know about that one, Chara's got a lot of reach, makes him tough to get around!

Archived