Rick Jeanneret night, April 1, 2022

LGR4GM

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Anywho... lol... if they're urging people to be in their seats by 6:40 then the ceremony better start at 7. How many times have we had to sit and wait until 7:25 for the start of a road game while Teemu Mcshanahan is fellated (feted damn autoconniption)?

People don't take that "be in your seats" crap seriously. 7 is a safer bet.

Rob Ray stated last night they are asking people to start seating at 6:20 for a 6:40 ceremony start.

I really don't care when it starts I'll be there early.

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Nobody should listen to you, the ceremony starts at 6:45 by all accounts. You want to miss it go ahead but I won't be taking your "safer bet" based on nothing but "they always ***** this stuff up anyways so go late"

But most likely this.

10 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Anywho... lol... if they're urging people to be in their seats by 6:40 then the ceremony better start at 7. How many times have we had to sit and wait until 7:25 for the start of a road game while Teemu Mcshanahan is fellated (feted damn autoconniption)?

People don't take that "be in your seats" crap seriously. 7 is a safer bet.

Soooooo... you're saying 7:25 is fine the for the start of a home game with plenty of RJ fellation?

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Nobody should listen to you, the ceremony starts at 6:45 by all accounts. You want to miss it go ahead but I won't be taking your "safer bet" based on nothing but "they always ***** this stuff up anyways so go late"

By what account is this?

They should absolutely tell people to be seated by 6:40. They should also internally plan to start at 7 bc it makes perfect sense on many levels. For one it's when viewers are accustomed to tuning in.

You are truly a piece of work. See you at the next meetup. Mandy is making keto pancakes.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

By what account is this?

They should absolutely tell people to be seated by 6:40. They should also internally plan to start at 7 bc it makes perfect sense on many levels. For one it's when viewers are accustomed to tuning in.

You are truly a piece of work. See you at the next meetup. Mandy is making keto pancakes.

As long as she is bringing the keto syrup there will be peace and love.

It's great fun when we can't even agree what time to sit down. 

Never a dull moment. 

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

By what account is this?

You are truly a piece of work. See you at the next meetup. Mandy is making keto 

Hahaha lol 

20 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

As long as she is bringing the keto syrup there will be peace and love.

It's great fun when we can't even agree what time to sit down. 

Never a dull moment. 

We agree. 6 p.m.

But the lights won't come down until 7. I'd be willing to do a charity bet on this one.

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

We agree. 6 p.m.

But the lights won't come down until 7. I'd be willing to do a charity bet on this one.

So if the lights come down at 6:59 you would concede? I'll take that bet.

I think every other night that a pre game ceremony was going down you would be correct, but they have sent me emails reminding me when to be there. I also think the Sabres media staff have become much better at their craft (if resent past performance is any indication) and I'm prepared for a very nice tribute.

I'll gladly buy you a beer if I'm wrong.

4 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Wife and I be getting there around 5:15 ish. Grabbing a unhealthy overpriced dinner on the 200 level. Take a lap around the arena, then take our seats at precisely 6:38.30. And not before.

Doing dinner at somewhere dt then getting to the stadium at 530 to get overpriced beer before taking my seat at 6:39:51

• Like (+1) 1

Bummer for us out of town fans… NHL Center Ice has the start at 7pm… and typically doesn’t show Pre Game shows or ceremonies… Hope I’m wrong… Guessing the Sabres will post the video of the tribute on their website…

1 hour ago, woods-racer said:

One person I'd loved to have beers with and listen to his stories. I'd run out of beer and money before RJ ran out of stories.

It would be amazing if he (with help) wrote a book about his life behind the mic in Buffalo. A big  300+ page book.  Leave a legacy for family and Sabres fans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• LGR4GM locked this topic