Kim Pegula, One Buffalo

LGR4GM

25 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

what's a nothing-burger?

"Nothing burger" — originally often seen written as "nothingburger" — was likely first popularized in the early 1950s by a Hollywood gossip columnist named Louella Parsons to describe a person or idea that's essentially a whole lot of, well, nothing.

https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Where-did-the-term-nothing-burger-actually-11283897.php

It has been a weirdly-used term in law ever since.  And Aud Smell is a lawyer. (And a pretty fair-to-good one.  I'd call him "good" but his ego already is overinflated.  But he is not a nothing-burger.  And he knows I'm kidding.)

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

The only way her statement makes sense is referring to STH, in which case she would seem to be considering non STH as not real fans… which isn’t a good look either. 

This seems like a reach. 

3 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

No, it’s rather direct. For some Kim Pegula can do no wrong, which is rather amusing frankly. 

The people who feel some need to constantly dunk on her get mad when others try to show a little fairness. And if you think people don't get carried away with Kim, this statement is a total nothing-burger in the grand scheme of things. She didn't tell Kevyn Adams who to trade for or not take on salary cap dumps. She isn't telling Granato what lines to play. She answered a question based on her knowledge of season ticket sales for both franchises. And yet look at the clutching of pearls over comment by this "clueless" female team owner.

• Thanks (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The people who feel some need to constantly dunk on her get mad when others try to show a little fairness. And if you think people don't get carried away with Kim, this statement is a total nothing-burger in the grand scheme of things. She didn't tell Kevyn Adams who to trade for or not take on salary cap dumps. She isn't telling Granato what lines to play. She answered a question based on her knowledge of season ticket sales for both franchises. And yet look at the clutching of pearls over comment by this "clueless" female team owner.

Good thing we have folks like you in your shining armor to protect her then! 

• LGR4GM locked this topic