Rasmus Dahlin day to day because the NHL is run by scumbags

inkman

I’m sorry, if I were Terry Pegula I’d be at that weasel Gary Bettmen’s door after this BS. He should body slam Gary into the front door like Dahlin and ask when his ***** league is gonna start acting like this ***** isn’t a penalty. The Avs literally scored because of this play.  Now the Sabres best player is gonna miss probably 5 years based on our injury history.  I was already done with this league now I’m taking an active role of being an ingrate.  What a joke. 

• Like (+1) 5

I just want to ask a serious question without being called a hater or that I have an agenda. If Dahlin would have made that hit instead would you be ok with it? or congratulating him? Please think about it clearly before answering. I know exactly what i would have said...."Now that's the Dahlin I've been looking for". I get that many are pissed because we not only lossed the player but they went down the ice and scored a goal to win the game. I still don't see it being a terrible hit but i grew up watching hockey in the 80's so I'm assuming that's why it doesn't bother me as much

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I just want to ask a serious question without being called a hater or that I have an agenda. If Dahlin would have made that hit instead would you be ok with it? or congratulating him? Please think about it clearly before answering. I know exactly what i would have said...."Now that's the Dahlin I've been looking for". I get that many are pissed because we not only lossed the player but they went down the ice and scored a goal to win the game. I still don't see it being a terrible hit but i grew up watching hockey in the 80's so I'm assuming that's why it doesn't bother me as much

I would definitely have screamed, "keep your ****ing stick down."  I wish the league would consistently crack down on slashes, high-sticks, butt-ends, spears, knees, and slew-foots because people can get badly hurt by them.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I would definitely have screamed, "keep your ****ing stick down."  I wish the league would consistently crack down on slashes, high-sticks, butt-ends, spears, knees, and slew-foots because people can get badly hurt by them.

But would you have said nice hit?

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

It wasn’t even a hit.  It was just the high stick.  It wasn’t that atrocious, it just should have been a penalty is all.

Im kind of unsure of how Dahlin actually got hurt there.  He finished the game didn’t he?  He looked ok afterwards.  A couple shifts later he smoked Burakovsky with a retaliatory high hit that maybe should have been a penalty for contact with the head.  I wonder if they are just being overly cautious.

Oh, and i would not have congratulated Dahlin if he had done the same thing.  I dislike a lot of the stick work that goes uncalled.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Curt said:

It wasn’t even a hit.  It was just the high stick.  It wasn’t that atrocious, it just should have been a penalty is all.

Im kind of unsure of how Dahlin actually got hurt there.  He finished the game didn’t he?  He looked ok afterwards.  A couple shifts later he smoked Burakovsky with a retaliatory high hit that maybe should have been a penalty for contact with the head.  I wonder if they are just being overly cautious.

Oh, and i would not have congratulated Dahlin if he had done the same thing.  I dislike a lot of the stick work that goes uncalled.

If you slow down the play, Dahlin is coming in full steam and Johnson has 2 hands on his stick and pushes Dahlin in the chest but the force of them colliding brings the stick into the face area. He did finish the game so I'm not sure what happened there, I heard on the radio that he was sore so they wanted to be cautious about it. 

On 11/30/2021 at 10:35 AM, inkman said:

Since all threads are getting polluted with Dahlin discourse, let’s bring it all in. What you say?  

I personally think a change of scenery might be in order.  He’s wearing out his welcome here. Once they get reliable goaltending, he’s going to cost them games.  Find another teams high draft pick that’s also struggling and do the old swaparoo.  

I thought you hated the kid??

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

I thought you hated the kid??

Keep up.  He’s my favorite person ever.  Apologies to my son but he isn’t very good at hockey.  😎

9 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

At the very least it was interference.   I would always applaud anyone on the Sabres doing anything physical only because it’s so effing rare. 

• Like (+1) 3

The Johnson hit on Dahlin was a clear penalty (interference or high-sticking or both).  I didn't think it was particularly violent, but it was a penalty and both teams knew it (after the hit, the game proceeds in slow motion for a few seconds as the players on both teams seem to be anticipating a whistle). Then there is a relatively weak make-up call against the Avs and Dahlin gets away with what I think was clearly a retaliatory hit that most Sabre fans would have been angry about had it gone the other way; I think the Dahlin hit was actually a bit worse than the Johnson one.  

It seems that NHL referees are mostly just present to randomly call a few penalties a game as a reminder to players that the game is being officiated.  In other words, players should be mindful of breaking the rules as it is always possible that the referee will decide that a particular random infraction warrants a penalty based on game situation.

I should add that I don't think the Sabres come out on the short-end of these calls.  We are just not as good as most teams and therefore it is more difficult for us to overcome the bad calls that go against us and, conversely, we don't capitalize on the bad calls that go against other teams.

Edited by Archie Lee

Two extremes that are common in SabresSpace:  

1.   Some fans here still want to see 1970’s and 80’s style hitting and fighting.  Totally unrealistic.  Those days are long gone. 
2.  Some fans here do not acknowledge that NHL hockey is a contact sport and they critique every big hit (clean or dirty).   This often sounds like disingenuous virtue signaling.

Almost  every game thread has something about the Sabres not hitting, and then when they hit, the counter arguments come out that the Sabres better not play dirty.   

The hit on Dahlin should have been a penalty for high sticking, instead it was let go and it lead to a goal against, the GWG.   Do yo think Columbus is concerned about the high stick?    Referees non calls like that one often lead to retaliation and escalation.  

Dahlin blasted a guy and it’s called retaliation by some of you, even though it was on a different guy.  Dahlin’s hit was fine with me.   The ref’s at least were consistent in not calling it a penalty.   I liked the hit.  Even if it would have been called a penalty, I liked it.  It absolutely passes my test for clean.  It sent a message that he going hard and is not backing down.  

Dahlin has taken a lot of cheap shots over the years and I can’t think of one time that Teammates came to his defense.  He has to establish himself as an NHL defenseman and he is doing it.  Similar to Hedman, let’s hope he continues to play strong and more physical.  It will give him more room to make plays.  

You saw what we looked like without him last night.  We sucked.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

1.   Some fans here still want to see 1970’s and 80’s style hitting and fighting.  Totally unrealistic.  Those days are long gone. 
2.  Some fans here do not acknowledge that NHL hockey is a contact sport and they critique every big hit (clean or dirty).   This often sounds like disingenuous virtue signaling.

Almost  every game thread has something about the Sabres not hitting, and then when they hit, the counter arguments come out that the Sabres better not play dirty.   

The hit on Dahlin should have been a penalty for high sticking, instead it was let go and it lead to a goal against, the GWG.   Do yo think Columbus is concerned about the high stick?    Referees non calls like that one often lead to retaliation and escalation.  

Dahlin blasted a guy and it’s called retaliation by some of you, even though it was on a different guy.  Dahlin’s hit was fine with me.   The ref’s at least were consistent in not calling it a penalty.   I liked the hit.  Even if it would have been called a penalty, I liked it.  It absolutely passes my test for clean.  It sent a message that he going hard and is not backing down.  

Dahlin has taken a lot of cheap shots over the years and I can’t think of one time that Teammates came to his defense.  He has to establish himself as an NHL defenseman and he is doing it.  Similar to Hedman, let’s hope he continues to play strong and more physical.  It will give him more room to make plays.  

I think it’s obvious that Dahlin’s hit was a form of retaliation.  He was pissed and he doesn’t deliver hits like that very often.  I think it was fine, I was concerned about contact with the head originally, but after rewatching I don’t think it was bad.  I was glad to see push back from Dahlin.

I like physical play.  I don’t like to see guys whacking each other with sticks, that’s not hockey to me.  How that became an allowed part of the game is beyond me.  And I don’t like to see guys get their brains damaged.  Beyond that, hit on as far as I’m concerned.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

spot on as usual, Punch

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

It doesn't matter what player or what team was involved. It was a penalty. What made the non-call it even more irritating was that the referee was in position to make the call. 

How about the non-call when Krebs was being held behind the net?  Ref was what maybe 6 feet away?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.